1,845 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent product, even better customer service.
Published on May 14, 2010 by Tony Suslovich

1,598 of 1,611 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons
Pros:
The unit is lightweight and easy to move. It has a variety of included attachments to tackle almost all jobs around the home. One nice feature is the adjustable spray tip on the wide-angle wand. The unit has a lot of power for an electrical pressure washer -- more than enough to clean driveways, decks, grills, mowers, etc.

Cons:
As mentioned in...
Published on August 22, 2010 by Bryan W

1,598 of 1,611 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons, August 22, 2010
This review is from: AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI 1.5 GPM 14 Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel (Lawn & Patio)
Pros:

Cons:
As mentioned in many other reviews, the plastic hose adapter leaks water, right in the middle where the two washers meet. The leaking is so bad as to make the unit unusable, unless you enjoy being sprayed with a torrent of water while you work. The solution: go down to your local hardware store and buy a brass male-to-male hose adapter for 8 bucks. Now you are in business.

The high-pressure hose that runs from the unit to the spray-gun is made from a stiff plastic that tangles easily and is hard to manage as you move around. I am currently researching buying an after-market hose made from high quality rubber to avoid this problem.

Also, don't bother storing the hose using the built-in reel. It is fussy work trying to get the hose on and off, and bending the hose in tight circles makes it that much easier to tangle when you use it. Simply coil the hose loosely and drop it around the top of the handle. This will save you lots of time.

Final thoughts: This unit provides a good value among other electric pressure washers, if you don't mind upgrading the hose adapter and dealing with a slightly annoying hose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent product, even better customer service., May 14, 2010
The pressure washer does its job beautifully. It has a really long electric cord which was one of the requirements for me since I didn't want to mess with extension cords. The hose is actually pretty long too, so you don't have to drag the pressure washer around when you wash your car for example. Just set it in one place and the length of the hose will be enough reach all around.
The pressure washer comes with 2 wands. One has a rotating tip and the other one has a tip that can be adjusted for different spray angles so you don't really need to buy any extra tips. It also has a bottle for cleaning chemicals.
All accessories, electric cord and hose have their place right on the unit and they fit quiet nicely.
Don't forget, it has 1900 PSI which is really pretty high pressure for non-commercial pressure washers. I don't know what's inside the unit, but it just feels sturdy and solid.
I don't usually write reviews but what made me do it is AR North America's customer service. After testing the unit, I ordered an extra accessory from them directly (flat surface cleaner to clean cement surfaces). They have phone #'s and email addresses of their entire staff listed on their web side, so I asked few questions which were answered immediately. So I placed my order and couple of days later they informed me that the part I ordered was on back-order, so they offered to refund the money if I didn't feel like waiting. You know, usually companies will make you wait even if it's couple of weeks. I asked them how long I'd have to wait and they told me about a week which wasn't a big deal for me at all, so I was prepared to wait. The next day I received another email from them saying that they would send me a $90 surface cleaner instead of $30 one I had ordered...get this... at no extra charge. I buy stuff on-line very often and I have never seen anything like that before.
Great product, great customer service. It's very comforting to know that a company stands behind their product in case you need it and most importantly, easily accessible.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE reason I use Amazon: REVIEWS!!!, February 6, 2012
Length:: 2:11 Mins

Excellent pressure washer. See my video. Wow.
Plenty of Power.
Nice and quiet.
Addictive.
ALSO, Phenomenal customer service. As in, I HAVE ONLY ONCE BEFORE encountered a company with this level of customer service.
Even if you are not sure the pressure washer will handle your residential job (but it can handle it, don't worry), buy it just because if you ever need customer service, you will feel you have entered heaven. No, actually seriously, almost. I just googled their website and they have their contact info all right there; I emailed and explained the issue. The response was nearly immediate -- they are sending out a replacement part to me. They definitely have my recommendation!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one to buy, March 12, 2010
I did a lot of research on electric power washers and this brand seemed to have really good professional reviews. I chose this particular model because of the long power cord and the long high pressure hose. As extra bonuses you also get 1900 pounds of pressure and everything wraps up nice and neat on the unit. My only concern is the plastic connection for the hose. I wish they would have used brass or steel like what they have on the high pressure connection. I've tested the unit for about three hours. I washed a couple of windows; did a great job. I cleaned my tiled patio; got the dirt out of the grout. I cleaned my car; got most of the dirt, but even a 3000 psi unit can't get it all, it's just a basic fact you have to use some elbow grease to get road scum off. I also tried it on my fence to clean off dirt and moss build up; didn't do such a good job but then again it is a 1900psi unit and for wood you really need at least 2600psi. For that you need a gas unit and I really don't want to deal with the mess, the loud noise, and the maintenance. I'm really happy with this unit so far, I just hope it doesn't break after a couple of uses like I heard from reviewers of other brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars AR383 Blue Clean Works Great!, October 20, 2011
Works Great, No Leaks!

Whatever you have read up to this point or after this point (10/20/11) forget it, pay it no mind... This puppy does the job! In all fairness to the negative reviews, I believe the product presently being sold now, right here on Amazon, may have gone through some upgrades. I put this unit to the test right out of the box and there were absolutely no leaks... not one drop... BONE DRY!

I think it is largely to do with a newly included part that the "leak issue" stated in many of the comments, has been eliminated and no longer exists. Another stated issue that no longer exists is the difficulty to put this Blue Wonder together... There are five screws: 4 to put the attachment holder on the back of the unit and 1 screw to attach a plastic piece that assists in holding the electrical cord to wrap around the attachment holder.

Maybe with previously models, the handle and the pressure hose reel (which is only for storage) had to be attached (I don't know) but there are presently no other parts to attach than what I have mentioned. The problem with the directions is that they now include an insert telling you about the new (leak-free) part included but the old part (which is no longer included) is still referenced in the main direction booklet. Although, when I called the toll-free number, which is clearly marked on the box lid and on another insert included with the directions, I immediately got a person on the phone that was not only pleasant but helpful too.

They explained that this new part is included and answered all of my questions as to the negative complaints that I had read on Amazon (another reported complaint about getting a human on the phone that does not exist). In fact, I called twice and got another person who was also pleasant and helpful because I forget to ask the previous person about the lance removal issue that is also mentioned in the comments. If you don't push the lance into the spring-loaded insert opening on the end of the gun-handle and then twist it, the lance will just keep turning around and around, and it won't come out.

I must admit, when I tried to remove the lance after inserting it but before powering the unit up and taking it out for a test, it was confusing... but when the pressure washer was on and the safety lock on the handle was in-gauged, the lance came out without issue with a push inward and a turned to get it out.

I myself found the hose storage wheel not helpful because the pressure hose had a mind of its own and it did not want to go on the wheel without a fight. Also, the rubber protector on the end of this hose kept hitting the unit at the top and bottom position when winding it, which slowed down the process. I might only use this storage wheel for winter storage... I much prefer wrapping both the power cord and the pressure hose (one at a time) around may hand and elbow to wind them in a circle and then lasso them over the pressure washer handle which holds both cord and hose very well.

I agonized over this purchase because most of the negative comments had the same complaints threaded through each negative review. I thought to myself, if these people don't know each other (which they don't) how then could each negative comment have the same or similar issues mentioned in each review. So I bought and un-bought this product in my head many times until one day I just closed my eyes and took the plunge in spite of it all. I believe, for me, it was the price, the 1900 psi and the reputable manufacturer of the pump that push me over the edge to buy this product and the fact that I knew Amazon would stand behind it and take it back (no questions asked) if I had an issue.

The biggest change I made to my purchase process, was to test and use the product the day it arrived so it didn't sit here unboxed waiting to be opened months later only to find that I was past the return date without ever powering it up once.

Let's see... have I left anything out... Oh yea, IT WORKS! I will try to make a video so you can see for yourself that it works. I hope this is helpful and addresses any negative comment you may have read.
P.S. The threads on the AR383 are metric so if you purchase an American threaded part and attach it to the AR383, it WILL leak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, July 27, 2010
<Update 2 years later... it is still working great. As long as I tighten it properly, still no leaks anywhere. I use it for about 4 to 6 hours each year and when my wife gave it a try this year... she just could not stop... literally... it is like an addition for her. She loves how easily it cleaned the patio... the sidewalk... the bricks around her garden... the stone under our windows... etc.>

<Update 1 year later... it is still working just fine. Sometimes I get a bit of spray where the hose screws into the washer, but a quick jiggle and tightening and it always stops.>

Our large brick patio was in need of a good washing and removal of the gunk and weeds between the bricks, so I was contemplating the electric SnapOn2000psi from Costco, but none of the stores near us had it in stock, so went on-line and did a ton of research.

Settled on this one and am not disappointed at all.

It is far, far better than the 1600 psi until I bought at Costco years ago and gave away a year later. The biggest difference is that the hose AND cord on this AR383 easily wind up onto the base so it takes up very little space in our basement and is easy to cart around. My previous one's hose was very stiff and had no location to wind up anything. The AR383s hose is far more flexible than many others.

It had plenty of pressure for my needs. Even our brick wall proved to be much dirtier than I realized. It had enough pressure to remove the paint from our wooden gate (oops -- I just needed to back up a bit and all was well.)

The hose does NOT need to be removed from the base in order to be wound up (but yes, the handle does need to be removed... the picture is a wee bit deceiving)

I had only minor issues with inserting the wand into the handle or turning just the nozzle. It is a small learning curve.

I have had no issue with leaks anywhere. There were washers in both side of the hose connection.

I had to switch hands every so often due to fatigue, but I did not notice any excessive vibration and a simple sweep back and forth, inching forward one half a brick at a time proved to be effortless.

I loved the auto-shut off. Especially when one wants to quickly silence the noise so you can hear your kids.

I would have liked to spend $40 less on the SnapOn and have the comfort of easy return, however one cannot buy/use what is not available, so I am quite happy with this purchase.

On the box, they show several attachments that are optionally available (a 75 degree angle head, some rotating brushes).

4.0 out of 5 stars Best electric so far, but a few nits...., June 27, 2010
I purchased the AR383 from a local retailer for $120. I have used the pressure washer for a few hours and here are my observations:

I find the shut-off feature to be really nice. When you release the trigger handle on the wand and stop washing, the motor shuts off. No worries about burning up the pump. The pressure available is what I expected: not nearly what a gasoline powered washer will do, but fine for an electric. Serious power washing will require a gasoline powered pump, but for small, short duration jobs, like blasting a lawn mower, vehicle, or small deck, it's really fine. And using an electric pw is light, quick and mess-free. Haul it out, hook it up, do the deed, and then put it away.

I am also pleased that the hookups for water input and pump output are metal. Aluminum I believe. Some consumer grade washers have plastic fittings at these locations and are very fragile. The wand and rotary tip supplied work great. And now for the nits to pick:

In general, a wand tip that offers "adjustable" spray pattern is a compromise. Fine for some, but nonadjustable tips that offer different spray patterns work much better. A significant criticism is the placement and specification of the pump output. The high pressure output is located in an area that is difficult to access for threading on the high pressure hose. It can be done, but I think it is too fiddly, and too easy to damage the threads in the soft aluminum. To make life easier, I thought I would purchase some quick connect fittings to modify the pump output and the hose input. Well...AR has chosen to use a 15mm pump/hose size, so none of the more common (in the USA) 14mm fittings will work. Naturally, if you are not bothered by no quick connect capability, this point is moot.

To be fair, I emailed the USA technical dept at AR asking about a quick connect adapter. Very quickly and politely I was informed that there was no provision for quick connect adapters but that my concern would be relayed to the engineers in Italy. Other technical info that I requested was offered as well. As far as quick and thorough answers to my questions, highest compliments to AR customer service!

At this point, as is my way, I stepped out of the normal consumer universe and decided to design and fabricate a device so that I could use the available quick connect adapters with my new AR383. A couple of dollars worth of brass tubing and a few minutes work at the metal lathe, and voila, I can now use the available quick connect fittings for the pressure hose hook up. Makes the pressure hose hook up much faster and less fiddly. I also use a quick connect fitting on the garden hose input. No special engineering needed for that, just visit your local home center for the adapters.

Given the limitations of a consumer grade electric power washer, I really like the AR383. Much better that the two previous yellow washers. Way less trouble than using a gasoline powered washer. And with my qc mod, I can use all my other hoses and wands.

1.0 out of 5 stars C'mon Man, September 26, 2011
Have had good success with amazon orders in the past, but was very dissapointed in this purchase. This is my first review (good or bad) of any product I've ever purchased online, so that goes to show you just how motivated I was to share my bad experience with this product. Unit worked well for about 10 minutes but then began to smell burnt plastic and noticed smoke coming out of the unit. Immediately shut off and didn't use for acouple of days. Then unit would not even turn back on. I can also echo the comments regarding the fitting between the water source and the unit...it's almost comical how much water sprays out of the fitting once you turn the water on. I DO NOT recommend this product to anyone but I guess others have had success based on the positive reviews (which is the very reason I decided to get this product). Hope you have better luck than I did...

*** Something else I just noticed and you should definately consider...All of the worst reviews were created in the past six months (March-Sept 2011), and most of the very positive reviews occured before 2011...seems a little strange don't you think????? ***

5.0 out of 5 stars This Washer is GREAT, June 17, 2010
Toby Windsor (Columbia, Maryland) - See all my reviews
I bought this washer due to the very positive reviews that others had written, especially people who said AR North had an excellent customer service department. I haven't had any issues to call them about, it's just nice to know they are there and are helpful.
Where I live we get a lot of mold on everything in the summer. I have washed my house (vinyl siding) and my driveway and sidewalk. There is a "Turbo-Wand" that comes with it ( makes the water spin as it comes out) that was great for cleaning some out door chairs that have vinyl tape on the seats and backs. They look brand new ! I also cleaned our bird bath, turned out great.
I would guess I have used the washer for 15-20 hours without a hitch.
I am 100% satisfied with the performance of the unit. If I compare its' cost with having someone clean my house and sidewalks it has paid for itself.
If it had a longer wand attachment with a right angle head I could have more easily reached the highest peak of the house.
I haven't checked to see if they offer an attachment like this.

1.0 out of 5 stars The cheap plastic will drive you nuts, July 2, 2011
We listened to most of the reviewers here ordering this washer a week ago and I was hopefully optimistic we'd be spraying away to our hearts content over the Holiday.

Sadly the ground fault interrupter plug didn't work on our AR Power Washer, so we couldn't really try it out.

Additionally, the quick release coupling joining our hose to the pressure washer is made of the CHEAPEST POSSIBLE PLASTIC. One side is actually threaded for a pipe fitting rather than a hose. It immediately stripped when we tried making it work on the hose.

As others have already stated, that problem is solved by going to your local hardware, replacing it with a brass quick connect. For us that was 3 fittings at $5 each.

Does anyone else out there think spending $150-$180 on this washer is enough to expect a good quality brass fitting --that actually "fits"-- to be included??

Nevertheless, I was preconditioned to buying brass fittings to begin with based on other reviewers. Unfortunately, our problems continued. Apparently the "ground fault interrupter" built in to the plug was kaput-- it kept popping its little breaker no matter what we did or where it was plugged in.

Based on that we decided it was best to pack it all back up (an arduous & disappointing task) and ship it back to Amazon.

Thankfully, Amazon's return policy on merchandise coming from their distribution center is outstanding. Two hours after the fiasco started we dropped our AR Power Washer off at UPS, returning it prepaid by Amazon. Then we migrated on to pick out a replacement at Home Depot.

OTHER THOUGHTS: After we purchased and unpacked a Homelite pressure washer replacement from the Depot, I noticed a few more things I pass on for you to for consideration.

The AR really feels like a pile of cheap plastic next to a similar Homelite model.

-The wheels are plastic (Homelites are rubber),
-the frame is plastic (Homelite's is tubular steel),
-The fittings are almost all plastic (Homelite's are brass),
-the hose is lighter gauge (Homelite's is much better nylon),
-The hose reel is useless (Homelite had a functional velcro tie strap)
-the spray gun is flimsier than the Homelite as well
-The electrical switches and plugs are less sturdy than the Homelite.

It was immediately clear to me as soon as we opened the box that the Homelite (at a similar price) was much, much more solidly constructed.

Finally, I'd just like to say our new replacement worked out of the box with no monkeying around at the hardware store.

So, my advice. Do not buy this model AR Power Washer. And if you're reading this Amazon, I'd start carrying the Homelite (or similar) product line instead of AR if you want to cut back on the returns.

I have to say something I rarely do-- the AR is junk.

I am NOT saying this Homelite (the Homelite Electric 1700 PSI HyrdoSurge Pressure Washer) is fabulous or anything, I'm just saying in comparison, it is much better constructed. It seems to work fairly well on our deck etc so far, so we're happy.