5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT baby app!
Published on January 9, 2012 by malsmommy

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish it did a little more
Published on January 8, 2012 by Nawora

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT baby app!, January 9, 2012
This review is from: My First Puzzles (App)
I have been looking for a fun app for my 16 month old daugther and THIS...IS...IT!!! She LOVES that she can move the peices on the screen, what a great mommy and daugther game. She feels involved in what I am doing on my cool toy (kindle fire) and I enjoy watching her laugh and learn new shapes and colors. At the end of each puzzle there is applause which she finds hilarious. Great find!

5.0 out of 5 stars great app. running on 7" tablets. the kids love it., January 5, 2012
This review is from: My First Puzzles (App)
great app. both kids love playing. running it on 7" tablets. does exactly what the description says. apparently i need twenty five words for a review. suck it amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun little app for toddlers, January 17, 2012
This review is from: My First Puzzles (App)
This was the first app that I let my 2 year old daughter play. She had a blast and really enjoyed the puzzles. The very simple interface allowed her to understand how to move pieces quickly.

There are two kinds of puzzles:
- Single animal puzzle where you need to figure out where each puzzle piece goes to complete the animal (head, arms, feet, body, etc). A little more difficult for a 2-year-old to understand but can be completed with help.
- Multiple animals puzzle where you need to find the placement for 4-5 animal puzzle pieces. This one was easier for my daughter to understand and she was able to complete these quickly.

No problems technically, worked fine on Kindle Fire.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish it did a little more, January 8, 2012
This review is from: My First Puzzles (App)
I downloaded this for those delays in doctors' offices, waiting in line, or being stuck in traffic, all those high stress areas where my youngest tends to get bored and needs something to do. On the plus side, the puzzles are really cute. You get 14 different puzzles and they're simple enough for a toddler to put together with bright and colorful pieces that made her want to play with it. The animals are all common enough that she knew what she was trying to build.

On the negative side, they are extremely easy and, as she learned with the octopus puzzle, all the child has to do is basically just move the piece around if they get stuck and it will eventually just jump in place. The other negative is it's just a puzzle. No sound effects, no talking, just putting together a puzzle. It would have been really cute to, at the completion of the puzzle, have the animal make a noise, or tell what it was. The other negative I had was the installation of an icon on the bottom right that keeps opening a webpage to get you to purchase more games. Even my app killer wouldn't get rid of that. I had to go into settings to finally get that off. The last con is that there's only the 14 puzzles. Since they're all fairly simple and quick, my 3 year old was finished with all 14 within 10 minutes.

All in all it is a cute app, but don't expect a lot from it. I'm not sure if it's worth the price, I downloaded when it was the FAOTD, and with the quickness and lack of features, I'm not sure I would pay for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice puzzle app for young children!, January 7, 2012
This review is from: My First Puzzles (App)
My First Puzzles is a nice starter game for young children to start to learn about puzzles and how to use a tablet. The puzzles are easy and colorful and contain a lot of cute creatures that they can learn the names of. Learning how to complete the puzzles will improve their hand and eye coordination using the Kindle Fire and is a good lesson on how a tablet works.

I liked that the 14 puzzles are animal based and really cute characters. Children can relate to the animals and have fun learning. This is targeted at ages 2 to 6 but to be honest the puzzles may be too easy for a 6 year old. I do wish they had added one level higher for slightly older children with increased challenges for their learning skills. It still rates a solid 4 stars for youngsters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing puzzle game for kids, January 6, 2012
This review is from: My First Puzzles (App)
I downloaded this app when is was the free app of the day. I showed it to my 2 year old son on my Kindle Fire and he sat down and played everything single puzzle three or four times.

There is a good mix of extremely simple puzzles (like moving an entire penguin or snake piece into a slot), all the way to one big octopus with 5 - 6 pieces. I would recommend this to any parent that likes to share games on their devices with their kids.

The controls are fairly simple and puzzles can be reset just by shaking the device. When you are moving a piece the game "helps" put it in the right place when you get close enough. Absolutely great for kids still learning motor skills.

Great app, will check out more by these developers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the young'uns., January 5, 2012
This review is from: My First Puzzles (App)
This is a good app if you have young children or you have a niece or nephew you want to keep occupied. The puzzles are too easy for children over four or so.

4.0 out of 5 stars can't wait to try this with my daughter!, January 5, 2012
Melinda (Douglasville, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Puzzles (App)
I just downloaded this on my FIRE and tried out. Other than wishing it made noise of some sort it looks like my 2 1/2 year old will like it. I really like that she is not going to have to get the pieces in the perfect position to get then in the right spot. Looks like it'll be another good one to pull out when waiting in line or some other time and place were a quiet activity is needed. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars such a cute app! needs learning component, January 5, 2012
This review is from: My First Puzzles (App)
Great graphics! Very cute! I just hope my 4 year old doesn't race through the limited puzzles in like 10 minutes. I would also love to see it have a learning component to it even if it would just say the name on the animal and spell if out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids!, January 5, 2012
This review is from: My First Puzzles (App)
This is a great app for little kids that teaches hand-eye coordination and spacial recognition. The board puzzles were always a hit with the little ones, and now it teaches it while getting them familiar with technology, too. This is a great app for kids!

My First Puzzles