Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ARC Troopers
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 18, 2011
My 6 1/2 year old son has gotten me helplessly addicted to the Clone Wars. We breathlessly anticipated the premier of Season 3, and boy, were we not disappointed! The episodes where (possible SPOILER?!) Darth Sidious orders Ventress to be assassinated were an awesome little interlude in the series. You actually find yourself rooting for Ventress in her quest to stay alive and exact revenge on Dooku for the betrayal. 'Padawan Lost' and the following episode, 'Wookiee Hunt', were an incredible way to end the season. The appearance of Chewbacca was so awesome, and a nice nod to us old school fans.

What I like about the series is that, even though there is some violence depicted, it is not gratuitous. I feel that this show somewhat realistically shows what happens in a war. My son is taught lessons on the importance of honor, peace, and doing the right thing. Of course I, as his parent, strive to teach him these things myself, but it doesn't hurt to have Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Obi-Wan, and yes, even Anakin (pre-Darth Vader, of course) backing me up! I also really appreciate the emphasis put on 'girls can kick butt, too'. In the vein of Princess Leia, Ahsoka and Padme' are cool chicks who don't just sit around, waiting to be rescued. All in all, this series is amazing, and I highly recommend it. Being able to bond with my son over something we both really enjoy is always a great thing. Can't wait for season 4 to start already!
44 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2011
I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I DVR'd and then watched the entire season 3. Combine the technology and characters found in the Star Wars movies with the backstories and immersion of the Essential Guide books, and you've got the Clone Wars TV episodes. Yes, they are CGI cartoons, but they're extremely well done - the Star Wars technology, the intricate stories never found in the movies, the soundtracks and the music. This is the Star Wars galaxy I was looking for in the prequels. Dozens of different planets, creatures and droids - all meticulously detailed and rendered. Aliens of all types. Action, with a minimum of Star Wars politics, and no awkward love stories. And these stories are dark and funny, perfect guilty pleasures for the Star Wars fan. Well done George Lucas - you can be proud of this new chapter in the Star Wars saga.
on August 30, 2011
The show has improved greatly since it started; the animation's been tweaked tremendously (particularly the fight scenes). It's also a clever gateway for the younger generation to access the Star Wars universe. Those of us who'd like more in-depth exploration of the issues surrounding the Clone Wars, won't find that here. The show is essentially a series of mission logs focused largely on one man... Anakin Skywalker. One would think that after six movies and three seasons of this, we'd find out a little more about Palpatine, Yoda, Dooku or even Asoka Tano.
I was even hoping that questions raised in the last two movies, would've been answered by now... like: Who was Master Siphodius, How did he finance the creation of a Clone Army without anyone knowing, Why is secession from the Republic, grounds for military action, Why are the Jedi so willing to violate all of their mandates against slavery and warfare, to help Palpatine strong-arm worlds that want out...?
It's a good show that could be great, if G. Lucas and the writers weren't so stuck on this one character. There seems to be a real reluctance to expand the story, even to encompass the other main protagonists in any meaningful way... It's hard to understand
on October 18, 2011
I'm only going to speak here about how annoyed I am by the cheap, inconsistent packaging of Season Three. I have no doubts about Lucas's reasons, but let me list them here, for clarity.

1. They know we're going to buy it.
Honestly - who, having bought Seasons One and Two, is not going to buy Season Three? No one, that's who. If they'd recorded these on consumer-recordable blu-rays and shipped 'em in a brown paper bag, we'd still buy them. They know that.

2. This release will not lure in any new buyers.
On the flipside of point #1, no person who *didn't* buy Seasons One and Two is suddenly going to buy this one, so Lucas & co know they don't need to spend any more money to 'impress' new customers. Those people aren't buying the show, and no amount of fancy packaging is going to change their minds.

3. They're going to double-dip us later.
I don't know about you, but I was really keen on seeing every season of this show lined up on my shelf in beautiful, foil digibooks. Now, I will be continuously annoyed when I see Season Three (and presumably Four, etc.) sitting there. Lucas knows this, and is counting on it. When the show finally wraps up its final season, expect a big 'Complete Series' box, with all the seasons looking lovely together, to the extent that looking at the mismatched seasons we already have will drive you nuts, and make you crave the 'Complete Series' box more and more.

My son and I love the show itself; no complaints, really. But the packaging of this set just screams of penny-pinching, and makes me feel like I've been treated poorly.
2424 comments|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2011
This Is my first Amazon review. I usually am cynical enough to believe that these are only useful to a very few consumers, but this release has actually angered me. I should probably put out there, that I'm a big fan of this show (in fact I purchase all the episodes on iTunes as they air), but this packaging choice really stings. I am, as I'm sure most who are reading this are, a Star Wars fan and collector. Being a collector isn't just about owning the material, but adding to our collection. The first two seasons on Blu-ray were just simply beautiful, with the hardcover, slightly larger case, and amazing book with drawings and posters on the inside. Unfortunately, Lucasfilm has made it painfully clear that they believe its fans are idiots that will throw money at anything that they release regardless of what it is, but I do expect more from Warner Bros. Up until recently Warner Bros. was second only to The Criterion Collection when it came to transfer quality, supplements, and packaging. They understood that there was a market for higher end supplements and packaging in collectors, and provided us with those products. This release is sup-par at best. If you want to release a more economically friendly version, thats one thing, but at least release a version that matches the quality and aesthetics as its previous editions and charge more for it. As I stated earlier I am a die hard Star Wars Fan (and Clone Wars Fan), and I do believe the show is one of the most visually arresting shows out there, I just believe they should put it in packaging that reflects that (as they did for the first two seasons).
55 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2011
I really liked the 3rd Season of Star Wars the clone wars I think the story telling really got to be very, very good. I like the new outfits for Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-wan Kenobi. Of course the season finale with Chewbacca was only the icing on the cake for the end of the season. The episodes with Mortis or whatever planet they did with The Father, The Son, and the Daughter. It really showed off the really impressive ideas that floats around in George Lucas's head and that his crew did a very good job in making it look really good although the scenes in Mortis had me thinking I was watching a scene or 2 from the movie avatar with the floating rocks and other impressive stuff. I loved this Season of Star Wars The Clone Wars and I can't wait until the new episodes of the new season starts showing up it should be another great season. George Lucas and his crew always does the best job to make these shows so much fun to watch.

May the force be with you all.
on December 8, 2011
For Star Wars Clone Wars Fans, I love this series, period. Gives great insight to the Chapter 1, 2 and finally 3 characters beautifully. Now I can understand more when I rewatch "The Phantom Menance," "The Clone Wars," ! I really hope they can get a few more seasons out of this series! Like where did Ashako Tano come from, what are her people like. I'm glad that they're covering Asajj Ventris and where she came from, and Darth Maul, also. I am a self proclaimed Nerd,, so about how many years extend between The Clone Wars and Return of the Sith (or Revenge) ? As far as I'm concerned CN can keep running this series I enjoy it so much!
on June 16, 2011
Hopelessly addictied to this show! Am actually quiet surprised how good it is for an animated series. Hope they will do more stories on the clones themselves, but am looking forward to season 4!
on October 26, 2011
I rated season 1 and 2 of this show as five stars. I'm only giving season 3 four stars. The animation still looks great, but they lost some creativity in the packaging, and the storytelling. Too many episodes dealing with politics that quite frankly got boring in several spots. However, the finale was great because......wait for it.....CHEWBACCA shows up! And it was worth the wait to see my favorite wookiee given the full animation treatment with Peter Mayhew (the original Chewbacca himself) doing the vocalizations! I have high hopes for season 4.
on September 8, 2011
The Clone Wars is one of my favorite shows on the air these days because of the tremendous quality every episode in story, writing, animation, sound music, and most of all, imagination.

It has continued to improve each season. The making of materials that appeared in previous seasons illustrated the tremendous effort required to produce high quality episodes quickly and on-budget.

My favorite episode in season 3 was the red-on-red light saber fight between Dooku and Ventress. This is stuff that some SW books describe, but we've never been able to see. It is really well-done.