Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on February 12, 2014
Received mount and was packaged well. The reason I give a low score is because my TomTom GPS START 55TM 5-Inch fits very loosely in the round holder/mount! When you drive down the road the the unit just vibrates which is very irritating!!! Went back to the original mount that came with the GPS until I figured out how to fix it.

In order to correct this is get a rubber ring/casket from an auto parts store and put it in the ring to create a snug fit. Now it does not vibrate at all and works like it should in the first place.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon April 9, 2014
I have a TomTom Start and I have disliked the EasyPort mount from the day I got it. I had been telling my wife for months that I was going to get a “proper” mount for my TomTom and that day finally came when I accidentally broke the EasyPort mount. After a little research I decided on this particular mount, and so far I have been very pleased with it.

I wanted a more “normal” windshield mount - a suction cup with a lever instead of a twist ring, and that led me to this particular mount. The design is simple - press the suction cup against the windshield and flip the lever to make the cup stick to the window. In operation this is an easy-to-use mount and it seems to hold the navigator in place without too much trouble. As expected it does not hold well when it the windshield is cold, which is an issue with every suction-based mount I have ever used - including the EasyPort.

The ring in which the TomTom attaches to the mount holds the TomTom in place well enough but I have observed that it does not hold the navigator tightly. That is, the TomTom has a tendency to turn a little in the ring. So far this has not been an issue and the TomTom has not fallen out of the ring so this really does not bother me.

The mount is adjustable and provides for a couple of places where the position can be tweaked for maximum visibility. There should be no issue with getting the position of the GPS just right so it can be seen but not in the way.

So far I am pleased with this mount and am happy to recommend it. It’s a lot easier to use than the EasyPort mount that comes with the TomTom and it’s adjustable enough to make visibility a non-issue, even while in motion. If you have a TomTom and you don’t like the EasyPort mount, this mounting system is a big improvement.
on January 17, 2016
This mount works great. I use it in my patrol car and it keeps my GPS visible in the center of my windshield so that I can better keep my situational awareness. The one issue that I have noticed is that the adhesive material does start to fail when it gets cold. Otherwise it works amazingly well and is much better than the mount which comes in the package.
on August 4, 2015
GREAT replacement for the much cheaper one I tried that kept falling off the dash after an hour (I use the plastic disk). The circular piece on this one stays attached to the unit and the lever to break the suction is amazing. The first mount - a $5.99 model - I got to replace the original went back, it was awful. This stays attached, even in high heat which used to send the unit to the floor with the original mount. Fantastic product.
on December 20, 2014
Man what a find. Like so many others the factory mount that came with my TomTom was just poorly designed, and would not stay on. After the last frustrating event of trying to get it to stay stuck to my windshield, I swore I was going to find another mount. This one looked like it was well made, and the reviews were strong so I bought one.
Compared to the factory mount, it's simply fantastic. The way the lever moves to suck the air out of the rubber suction cup, is ingenious. It's easy to use, and looks like it will last for many years. Best of all...once you get it mounted you cannot pull it off. Best money I've spent in a while.
on December 15, 2015
I lost the original Tomtom Start 50 suction clamp so bought this one.
But I did try a few other Tomtom like cheap ones which work only on the windshield and that too when I used water to make them stick firm.
Arkon clamp was really great as I find it fit on the dashboard firm.
I loved the suction clamp and the angles it provides. It helped me keep it just at the height of my Navigation panel swinging down from the dash. This sort of arrangement makes you see the road clear of these gadgetry and as well keep the GPS much in reach to change for via routes easily.
Both the easy adapter and the suction type Tomtom should have provided this sort of clamp in the first place. Now that Tomtom had evolved already! Only thing is the disc will reveal your car has electronics in the car thats the only drawback else no qualms. It does what it says.
on March 6, 2016
I order this mount back in 2015. I just use it March 2016. I must say it works great, very easy to mount to windshields, holds great, & you can position it to your likings. Akron really did a better job than TomTom, with this mount, & it cost less.
on January 16, 2016
Finally - a decent mount for my wife's TomTom. The OEM replacement mounts from TomTom are crap - we went through three (the original and two replacements) before I decided to get something else. Had it for three months now, not a single problem.
on December 31, 2014
This mount is as good as it gets. Only problem is this. I have a 2011 Corolla that rides a little stiff. Not quite enough miles on it to soften up the suspension system (17000 odm. miles in 3-yrs). The streets where I live in Baton Rouge, La are quite rough. Therefore I get a little shimmy and vibrations going. Multiple joints to adjust and tighten will have some instability on rough roads.

The product is A-OK. I just need a softer riding car. I recommend it to the world.
on April 29, 2016
I would give the Arkon Windshield Dashboard Car Mount/Tom Tom, zero stars, but that was not an option. After about 5 minutes it fails to stick to my windshield, so I tried the supplied dashboard disk before mounting it to the dashboard, same effect, released after 5 minutes with no weight on it.

It is 2016, we are using "gecko/salamander feet" inspired technology to suspend photo frames on walls, and I am expected to believe engineers cannot design a car mount for accessories that works within a reasonable level of consumer expectation? I am 54 and recall watching humans (Americans only. actually) put men on the moon and return them safely to Earth (repeatedly, God Bless American Technology and determination) so I know what engineers are capable of. Here is how to fix the problem, start shooting engineers who fail to perform, it will motivate the others! I am tired of buying products that do not work.

I of course fixed the problem...I used Krazy Glue to glue the disk to the dash, next, I removed the silicon/rubber foot from the mount base using a carpet knife, then I glued the base of the mount to the disk, guess what?... my Tom Tom is now secure and will NEVER fall to the floor, nor will it ever have the screen shattered as it falls and hits the gear selector of my car.