Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 17, 2014
I did not realize that I have been charged for modem lease for quite some time, so when I saw this modem at a great price there was no other options. It pretty much pays for itself in 3 months. Instruction that come with it are pretty clear, and if USB is not used there is no need for software installation. ISP has to be notified that modem is being swapped and MAC address ( it is on the sticker) has to be updated with them. If this is not done - there will be no internet connection. Great item at a great price!
on June 22, 2014
DOA out of the box, all front panel lights blinking. Called Arris tech support and was told it was out of warranty since it was originally sold to some organization in Mexico in 2007. Not very happy with that information at all, but Amazon is processing a refund. I can't recommend this simple based on the provenance...
on June 24, 2014
This item is not listed as being used, but the modem itself had fingerprints rusted into the metal parts, and showed signs of being used. But, it works, so I'm not complaining. Now I won't be charged for leasing the same modem for $5.99 a month from the awful cable company.

Update- this modem broke in less than a year. Thanks for selling a used product at the end of it's life.
on June 21, 2015
Had lots of internet disruptions (which I thought was because of the router) but when it finally broke down completely after a a year and I replaced it with D-link DCM-301 I realised it was the modem all along. Avoid this piece of crap and buy a real modem.
on June 25, 2014
I had been looking for a modem to use rather than pay $5 dollars a month as a rental fee (Time Warner Cable). And I stumbled upon a similar product - http://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-Motorola-SURFboard-SB5101U-DOCSIS/dp/B002M3SHXA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1403708283&sr=8-3&keywords=modem+motorola+5101

After comparing, I couldn't see what the difference was except that there was a $20 dollar price difference. The descriptions were basically the same. No issues with the product. One thing I noticed when I first installed was that all the lights kept flashing. It was fixed by unplugging and plugging the power back into the modem.

I spent more time with Time Warner trying to have them fix things on their end than installing the modem. It was also very easy to hook up to my router. (Note does not include a wireless router)
on August 26, 2014
This modem was purchased to replace a rental modem from Time Warner (formerly Insight) that was being rented for $6 a month.
This will pay for itself in 3 months! Very good list of compatibles for the different cable companies. REMEMBER to call your cable company after installing this unit and have them activate it. They need a specific number off the unit to make it work on their end!!!!
Enjoy your money savings!!!
on July 29, 2014
Packaging looked brand new. Modem works perfectly, but did require my ISP (Time Warner) to associate the MAC with my account. As previously stated, using my own modem releases me from the $6 monthly lease fee and will pay for the modem in about three months.
on September 11, 2014
Happy I purchasd this product to replace the cable company's rented modem. Price paid was super cheap, less than $30, compared to the yearly rental price of $72. Although this is a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, works fine with the standard internet package. Im using this motorola modem with a linksys wireless-g router and so far i've got flawless wi-fi!
on October 17, 2014
Was able to connect with TWC. I had to buy a splitter because I have the TWC phone also. You have to keep the TWC modem for phone and the other for internet. TWC is not charging for the old modem though.????
on July 8, 2014
This is working great and I returning the modem to TWC and am saving over $6.00 per month on that bill.