Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on March 6, 2012
I put my books on this end, and yes it holds one book. And with careful balance and making sure it's a really really tiny book it can hold two. But if you even TRY to put a third or if that 2nd book is not perfectly balanced, it WILL fall, crash, and take anything in its path down with it. Although decorative and creative, it is NOT FUNCTIONAL. If all you want it for it pure decoration, then go for it, but if you want a book end for, well, being a bookend, look somewhere else.
on April 17, 2013
The design concept is cool but really look at the dimensions - it is smaller than I thought. I put one book less than 1" thick on it and both slid in opposite directions - No way the picture you see on Amazon does not have some doctoring by applying tape to the bottom and likely taping the books together.

Too bad, great idea poorly executed
on December 12, 2011
i love this book end. definitely use a hard covered book as the first book. its interesting how it works. i have noticed the more books the better it holds. make sure you insert the metal plate inside the cover of the book.
on March 23, 2013
The rubber feet migrate from underneath of it to the front as the books slowly push this across the surface until they fall flat. I'm going to toy with it a little and see if it'll work okay between some regular book ends, but what a total bummer.
on July 20, 2015
I really didn't know what to expect when I ordered this book end. If you are looking for something fun but not heavy duty to hold a few more books than you see in the picture then this probably isn't something you want. Once again it's fun but not overly functional. I have mostly paperbacks being supported by the end. I guess one could use it for current books being read. Or something along that lines. If you want to support only a few books then you will probably love this product.
on June 30, 2015
super cute! it slides with heavy books though, so it can only be used for smaller novels as a decorative piece. If you are actually looking for something to keep heavier books in place this probably isn't the item for you. I love it though :)
on June 23, 2015
This is a very small figure but I have it on a stair ledge holding up one of my journals and it makes me smile every time I look at it. Every once in a while a guest will spy it and laugh out loud. I am quirky, it is quirky, good fit.
on September 27, 2015
I really like the quirkiness of this bookend. It claims not to work for magazines but that's how I use it. I had to carefully change the angle to more upright, but it works great for the thick, Communicatuon Arts that I like having on my desk.
on July 14, 2013
This was an impulse purchase, it looked kinda cool and I am always looking for different ways to spice up the many stacks of books on my shelves. It is just a little under-whelming when you get it out of the box. It works, not rocket science, but I guess I wanted to be a little more wowed.
on March 16, 2015
I read the reviews and was worried it wouldn't hold more than one or two books, but they must have changed the bottom rubber stoppers on it or something, because mine has been awesome since day one. It's holding 13 business books on my shelf right now. Great buy.

See 1 answered question