Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASE Test Preparation - A4 Suspension and Steering (Automobile Certification Series)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 24, 2015
I used this book as my primarily preparation to take an ASE test for the first time. I had already taken automotive classes at an Education Cultural Complex (part of San Diego City College District), then worked in the industry as an auto mechanic for two years. There were no exact matches to questions in the book that actually showed up on the ASE exams. By using these practice tests as a guide to see where I was weak worked out pretty well. When I had problems answering questions, I would resort to my text books or other sources to beef up my knowledge. I felt that this book worked for me using that approach to prepare for the exam. I also felt that my knowledge as a mechanic increased. I passed the exam easily. I don't believe that this book alone is the silver bullet to pass an ASE exam. It is a great tool to use in order to see where your knowledge stands. I even purchased practice exams from ASE and only one exact question showed up on the test. There are some quality control issues such as questions that don't have the correct illustration. There is one or two like that per book.
on October 17, 2011
I'm a master +L1 tech. I bought this and a few other prep books to help me get back into testing mode. I know my stuff, and so the extra practice exams are great (6 total). The book also has detailed task list overviews, which helped me get ready on the areas that were most important. The books also goes into a lot of detail on what to expect on test day, as well as other good stuff I did not know before. If you need a straight forward book that does what it says this is it. Most others only have a fraction of the test data.
on November 22, 2015
The delmar books are very useful. The most useful of any test prep I have found. I have now taken 4 ASE tests and used a Delmar book for each one. Each test I passed on the first try. The practice questions are worded and structured very closely to that of the ASE test questions.

I like the fact that for every question, you get an explanation of why the answer is what it is, and why the wrong answers are wrong. This is very helpful when grasping the material. Passing an ASE test is not about memorization. Is about understanding the principles of auto repair. If you have no experience or understanding of the basic principles of auto repair, this book will probably not provide the edge you need to pass. But if you do have experience, and understand the basics, this book will probably be the edge you need to pass.

As always high quality and very informative Delmar book.
on February 6, 2012
I would agree with a previous reviewer that this book is not for someone who is new to automotive repair and looking to actually learn how to work on automobiles. There are absolutely NO pictures which go along with the information, so again, if you have not worked on certain parts of an automobile before it may be really difficult to visualize what the information is explaining. In this case there is another test prep book called Motor Age which does a much better job of explaining the material and providing pictures to go along with the information.

The good thing about this book is if you have worked on automobiles for sometime and are comfortable with the parts you may come across then this book may be superior to the Motor Age book because there are more test questions. Also, next to each test question the Task List Item is shown. This is very helpful because if you get a question wrong you can easily refer back to the appropriate part of the book to review the information.

So again, if you have worked on cars for a long time and do not need any sort of visual aid to help you prepare for the exam this book is good. If on the other hand you want a more detailed explanation for each Task List item and visual aids the Motor Age study guide is superior.

*Edit*
Okay, so I just took the ASE A4 test today and this book was actually quite valuable because of all the test questions. I highly recommend using this book and the Motor Age books together. The numerous practice tests included in the book were really worth the purchase.
on February 5, 2015
Yep, it's a book. It has a cover, the pages turn, the ink was shaped into words, I'd say it's pretty good. Content is on topic too, for those not into humor. Piece of advice though, if you're a first time buyer of Delmar prep guides, read the first few chapters carefully. They tell you how the ASE is made, graded, and composed. More importantly, they tell you how this very book was set up so you can actually make use of the resources included. I didn't read them at first and thought it was just a bunch of tests to practice with, but after rereading the instructions, these books group the questions into the tasks that ASE uses and has quick rundowns of the task material. If you do poorly in one particular task, this helps focus the help you need on that task without having to read up on the entire test topic.
on January 27, 2013
Awesome ASE test prep book. Covers most of the basics, symptoms and diagnostics. I found the sample ASE type questions were extremely useful. Some were actually on the real test. Pretty much covers about 70% of the questions on the real ASE test.
on May 5, 2014
I like the Delmar ASE test prep series books because of so many test prep questions in the book. Less theory and more test questions.I need to get in to the rhythm of the ASE tests and these help every time. I am A1-A9, L1,L2,X1 certified. So yes, they helped me pass all of the tests. Thank you Delmar.
on October 8, 2013
I easily passed the pre-test by using this book. It goes straight to point when it comes to diagnosis and pointing out component function. I bought the delmar A5 right after i read this one. Price is firm to gain a raise or start off with a good first impression.
on August 23, 2015
This was an excellent book I studied for about 3 weeks making mental notes on each chapter every question then I went to go take the ASE test after 3 weeks of studying and passed I would give this book 5 stars highly recommended for a Master Tech thank you very much Brian From Florida
on June 28, 2015
This book has a lot of good ASE questions in it. I'm glad it had a lot of alignment questions because that's what this test consists of mostly. But some of the questions were very brand specific and you won't find a lot of that on the tests. But it helped me pass and it did its job.