5.0 out of 5 stars Faithful Kayano Convert!
Published on April 27, 2011 by asicsfan

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but uncomfortable to break in!
Published on May 23, 2012 by eld13d24

5.0 out of 5 stars Faithful Kayano Convert!, April 27, 2011
I have always been a big fan of the Kayano (14, 15, 16) and decided to try a lighter weight shoe. Despite being a "minimalist" shoe, the Gel-Blur offers fantastic cushioning and stability (I tend to overpronate a little). These shoes are super light weight and so comfortable! The only thing I noticed is that I had to order a half size larger than what I wore in the Kayanos. Definitely going to get another pair!

4.0 out of 5 stars Attention Grabbers, February 23, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Women's GEL-Blur33 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I work at a hospital and have to wear gray scrubs so it can get rather boring. I bought these shoes to spice things up. I have gotten so many compliments on them from co-workers, doctors, and patients/family. I love how the ASICS brand fits my feet. My pair ran a little small though. The only other thing you should know is that the mesh on the top of the shoe above your toes is just that. It can get breezy in the winter time and you have to be aware of what color socks you wear because you can see into the shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great minimalist style shoe that's not quite minimal, December 4, 2011
A few months ago I was looking to transition into minimalist running shoes for a variety of reasons. However, I tried to transition too fast and ended up with tendonitis in my ankle. Just recently I discovered the Asics 33 line and a friend gave me a pair of Blurs to try. I absolutely love them. They are a minimalist style shoe with a enough cushioning to enable a smooth transition to an even more minimal shoe, or to use if you are the type of runner that needs a little more cushioning than barefoot running, or runs on pavement a lot. These are also great shoes for the gym.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but uncomfortable to break in!, May 23, 2012
I bought this shoe because I have flat feet and Asics is one of the few brands I can run in without hurting the bottoms of my feet. I got them and the shoe seemed to fit but it was way too narrow and considering they don't have a wide version in this one I thought I would go a size up but it was the same deal, too narrow. So I just kept the shoe because they are that cute thinking they would break in. I wore them to work one day and I could not wait to take them off my feet were killing me by the second half of the day! I was very disappointed because I had just ordered another pair of Asics GT 2170 in the same size and they are perfect for running and everyday wear. So overall very cute shoe and nice and flashy (I get a lot of compliments on them when I do actually wear them) but very very uncomfortable for "non-skinny" feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great neutral shoe!, August 15, 2011
I usually run with the Nike Free or Reebok RealFlex, so I like a pretty flexible, minimal shoe when I run. I got this shoe for a bit of added support for my longer runs. The soles of these shoes are very flexible but not quite as much as the more minimal shoes I usually run with. In addition, there is a good amount of support and cushioning around the ankle of the shoe. The shoes are light and breathable, as well. Overall, it is a comfortable shoe that I would recommend to the neutral shoe wearer who likes a shoe that is more on the minimal side.

5.0 out of 5 stars WALKING ON AIR, September 10, 2012
In spite of my age (75) and my handicaps (bad bunions, 2 knee operations, osteoarthritis, etc) I am an avid walker doing a minimum of an hour a day outside, rain or shine. For years I wore only Merrell shoes. Then 3 years ago I discovered Asics and became converted, at least during the summer months. Since I live in a Nordic country, I wear warmer shoes in winter (I wish Asics had a winter shoe.). My other Asics shoes were always white and when I saw this pair of charcoal shoes, I took a chance and sent for them. I received my first pair 3 months ago. I opened the box and put them on. At first I thought they were too small because they were tighter than my regular shoes the same size. I had ordered a pair of black ones for my husband at the same time and he thought they were too small also. But after we walked around in them, we both liked the snugness. In spite of my bunions I do have a narrow foot. Since then I have not been able to wear anything else. I tried my old Asics and find they are too big. I have never in my life had such a wonderful walking experience with shoes. When I realized how good they were, I sent for another pair exactly the same. I paid $64 for the first pair at Amazon then when I ordered the second pair, they were on sale for $53, both pairs much cheaper than the other Asics I had purchased in stores. I very rarely write about a product but in this case, every day I feel so grateful to have found these shoes. The only little drawback are the short laces but hey, I can live with that. Also, I wish that Asics would put out other darker colors and of course, warmer shoes for winter. My friends find these shoes cute and I do too. I think they're a bit more stylish than the other models. Keep up the good work, Asics. I love you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very comfortable, but it is a good looking shoe, November 25, 2011
Great colors and design. Sole is thin and if you wear these shoes for a while your feet start to hurt (not a good thing for a sneaker). Also, the laces are super short and it is hard to keep shoes tied.

3.0 out of 5 stars narrow shoes, October 25, 2011
T. Streater (Granite Bay, California United States) - See all my reviews
It's a pair of beautiful shoes and appears it could be quite comfortable if it fits. I usually wear size 8 and went up half a size on this one. All my toes are very uncomfortably squeezed together. not a lot of extra toe room as I had hope for by went up half a size. Unfortunately I'd have to return it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not true to size -, September 6, 2012
I read so many reviews before ordering this shoe that I cannot remember if anyone else mentioned that it runs small...it does. I have other Aisics and this is 1/2 to a fullsize short. Other than that it is cute - feels OK - just too little! I will have to return it for larger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best price found, January 4, 2012
Searched many sites and this was the best buy on these shoes I found. They were purchased as a gift for my daughter and she loves them. Comfortable and cute. Would definitely purchase from this company again and recommend them highly. No problems with transaction or shipping.