5.0 out of 5 stars Love Them
Published on December 13, 2011 by J. Whitridge

1.0 out of 5 stars not at all like the 12
I own 4 pairs of Cumulus 12s. The 13 is nothing like them. Whereas the 12 is soft and cushiony the 13 is stiff, especially in the heel. It seems designed now for over pronators whereas the 12 was for a neutral gate. So, if you love the 12, try on the 13 before you buy. Don't assume it is anything like the 12.
Published on August 3, 2012 by Charles W. Harper

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Them, December 13, 2011
My last four pairs of shoes have been Brooks, averaging about 30 to 35 miles per week, been retiring them at 400 or 450 miles. Decided to try something new this time so bought the ASICS GEL-Cumulus 13. Just breaking them in, but so far I have noticed shin splints going away, the bottom of my feet don't hurt after a long run, and I just ran a half marathon and walked away from the race with a PR feeling GREAT. I'm not a big guy but I am older (50) and only been running seriously for the past three years, so I've suffered with the typical knee, hip, and back issues / injuries. The Cumulus may be an ounce or two heavier than what I was running in, but so far they are much more comfortable and I think the extra cushion is more than worth the extra few ounces. I also like the look of the shoes. I'll try to remember to update this post after I get a few hundred miles on them.

Update: I now have 250+ miles on the shoes. They are holding up well. But to be honest I've switched to a lighter running shoe with a flatter heel for most of my training. I still like these shoes and they still feel like I'm walking/running on pillows. I don't think I would have been able to switch to my current shoes right away - I needed the ASICS for training - while I broke in the Saucony Kinvara 2's and my legs on the track 1 or 2 days a week. So I'm not changing my rating on the ASICS. What I will say is that if you have many typical knee, hip, back issues / injuries you probably have a choice based on my experience. Use the ASICS with more padding. Or try running in a flatter shoe where you land more on the ball of your feet like the Kinvara.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, February 1, 2012
I'm an underpronator with high arches. These shoes are perfect for someone like me. They're just the right amount of cushioning without loss of control or feeling detached from the running surface. ASICS were a switch after years of wearing New Balance and I'm glad I made it. There's significantly more bang for the buck with the ASICS. I just got back from my first run wearing these and I couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING SHOES!, December 27, 2011
These are a must have for anyone who is a running enthusiast. they are extremely comfortable and do exactly what they say. Asics has it down to a science. I wont ever buy anything but Asics for running shoes. This particular model, the Cumulus, is perfect for those with a high arch and are underpronators. This shoe's technology will help you correct your form and cushion your pressure areas through the gait cycle. The colors are exactly what you see in the picture, loud accents but a simple sporty design to compliment the neon. LOVE THIS SHOE!

5.0 out of 5 stars great pair of shoes, January 2, 2012
These shoes have a wide toe-box which is great for us with "weak" feet who tend to get "crybabyitis" and "pain" with their feet. Also the gel makes these shoes very cushy. I had a hard time finding shoes like this that have both a wide toe-box and cushion (most shoes run narrow no matter the size) Great pair of shoes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Running on Clouds.., June 20, 2012
I had the Gel-Cumulus 12s before these ones and these are just as good or better. I'm 6'4" abut 280 pounds and I just started running and there was no pain after running with these. I can't say the same about my other shoes, and they're Asics too. These are just amazingly comfortable. True to size, and enough cushioning for my heavy behind. I'm happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, September 13, 2011
I bought these several weeks ago and can honestly say they have changed my life. I had shin splints after wearing different running shoes, and from doing too much walking in converse. After two days in these shoes (and stretching) my shin splints were gone. These are by far the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I run in them, and also wear them to school, around my apartment, etc. I am seriously considering buying ten pairs when I see them go on sale so I can wear them for the next ten years of my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, January 17, 2012
Purchased these shoes a month ago and I'm very satisfied with them. I already put them through many miles, both walking and running. They have plenty of support/cushion and enough room up front to keep your toes from being squished together. For those curious about sizing, I bought a size 10. All my other shoes are size 10 and these fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Body in a Sound Mind, July 9, 2011
I purchased these shoes today for $100 at my local running store and they fit great. My shoe size is 8 and 1/2. My last pair of shoes were the Asics Cumulus 12 (Blue) and these are an upgrade. I have just started breaking them in because I will be using these shoes for my upcoming XC season.

My warm ups have been very smooth and these shoes will definitely last! I am completely satisfied with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Avid runner, January 16, 2013
These shoes are just what I expected. I run approx. 3.5-4 miles, 5 or more times per week. I have ran in Asics for years, and usually purchase either the Cumulus or Nimbus models, due to my particular heel strike. They are gel padded and comfortable as is always the case with Asics brand. I certainly recommend them to neutral runners who want a nice, cushy padded shoe to run in.Amazon had the best price on the internet when I purchased them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some decent running shoes, December 23, 2012
These are excellent for me... a moderate runner.... slow but steady and I run on various surfaces such as pavement, gravel, trails, etc.
I would highly recommend them for the "average" runner for sure.

One tip I would like to share.... as a female runner.... I usually buy men's shoes. They seem to have a larger selection, sometimes are cheaper and don't often come in bright pink!

Rate and Discover Movies