Industrial-Sized Deals GG Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on HTL

on December 13, 2011
My last four pairs of shoes have been Brooks, averaging about 30 to 35 miles per week, been retiring them at 400 or 450 miles. Decided to try something new this time so bought the ASICS GEL-Cumulus 13. Just breaking them in, but so far I have noticed shin splints going away, the bottom of my feet don't hurt after a long run, and I just ran a half marathon and walked away from the race with a PR feeling GREAT. I'm not a big guy but I am older (50) and only been running seriously for the past three years, so I've suffered with the typical knee, hip, and back issues / injuries. The Cumulus may be an ounce or two heavier than what I was running in, but so far they are much more comfortable and I think the extra cushion is more than worth the extra few ounces. I also like the look of the shoes. I'll try to remember to update this post after I get a few hundred miles on them.

Update: I now have 250+ miles on the shoes. They are holding up well. But to be honest I've switched to a lighter running shoe with a flatter heel for most of my training. I still like these shoes and they still feel like I'm walking/running on pillows. I don't think I would have been able to switch to my current shoes right away - I needed the ASICS for training - while I broke in the Saucony Kinvara 2's and my legs on the track 1 or 2 days a week. So I'm not changing my rating on the ASICS. What I will say is that if you have many typical knee, hip, back issues / injuries you probably have a choice based on my experience. Use the ASICS with more padding. Or try running in a flatter shoe where you land more on the ball of your feet like the Kinvara.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2012
I'm an underpronator with high arches. These shoes are perfect for someone like me. They're just the right amount of cushioning without loss of control or feeling detached from the running surface. ASICS were a switch after years of wearing New Balance and I'm glad I made it. There's significantly more bang for the buck with the ASICS. I just got back from my first run wearing these and I couldn't be happier.
on December 27, 2011
These are a must have for anyone who is a running enthusiast. they are extremely comfortable and do exactly what they say. Asics has it down to a science. I wont ever buy anything but Asics for running shoes. This particular model, the Cumulus, is perfect for those with a high arch and are underpronators. This shoe's technology will help you correct your form and cushion your pressure areas through the gait cycle. The colors are exactly what you see in the picture, loud accents but a simple sporty design to compliment the neon. LOVE THIS SHOE!
on September 13, 2011
I bought these several weeks ago and can honestly say they have changed my life. I had shin splints after wearing different running shoes, and from doing too much walking in converse. After two days in these shoes (and stretching) my shin splints were gone. These are by far the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I run in them, and also wear them to school, around my apartment, etc. I am seriously considering buying ten pairs when I see them go on sale so I can wear them for the next ten years of my life.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2012
I had the Gel-Cumulus 12s before these ones and these are just as good or better. I'm 6'4" abut 280 pounds and I just started running and there was no pain after running with these. I can't say the same about my other shoes, and they're Asics too. These are just amazingly comfortable. True to size, and enough cushioning for my heavy behind. I'm happy.
on January 17, 2012
Purchased these shoes a month ago and I'm very satisfied with them. I already put them through many miles, both walking and running. They have plenty of support/cushion and enough room up front to keep your toes from being squished together. For those curious about sizing, I bought a size 10. All my other shoes are size 10 and these fit perfectly.
on January 2, 2012
These shoes have a wide toe-box which is great for us with "weak" feet who tend to get "crybabyitis" and "pain" with their feet. Also the gel makes these shoes very cushy. I had a hard time finding shoes like this that have both a wide toe-box and cushion (most shoes run narrow no matter the size) Great pair of shoes!
on July 9, 2011
I purchased these shoes today for $100 at my local running store and they fit great. My shoe size is 8 and 1/2. My last pair of shoes were the Asics Cumulus 12 (Blue) and these are an upgrade. I have just started breaking them in because I will be using these shoes for my upcoming XC season.

My warm ups have been very smooth and these shoes will definitely last! I am completely satisfied with this purchase.
on July 27, 2012
This is the second pair of ASICS I have purchased, the first pair being the Nimbus 12. I am a big guy with large, wide feet and it is difficult for me to find comfortable sneakers that look somewhat stylish without paying through the nose for them. After shopping at a well-known sneaker store for yet another pair of Nikes, the attendant advised me to try the Nimbus (Nimbuses? Nimbi?) sneakers. They were a bit pricier than I was comfortable with, but I tried them on---my God, it was like walking on air. So they lasted a while, but then the width issue reared its head. They weren't terribly constricting, but I needed just a little wider sole. So after looking on Amazon, I found these Cumulus ASICS, and they are perfect! They're very light on the feet---not quite as light as the Nimbus 12's, but I think that's because they're sturdier. The sole is the perfect size to support pancake feet like mine, and of excellent construction. And they ran me about $30 less than the Nimbus. Been wearing them now for a couple of months without signs of any problem (and I go through shoes pretty fast). Walking is a real breeze now. If you've got feet that look like scuba flippers, look no further than the ASICS Cumulus, cumuli--whatever.
on May 5, 2012
My use of these shoes is for daily running/jogging either outside or on my treadmill. Not being an expert on running/jogging shoes, I had purchased a couple other name brand shoes that were light weight and fit well, but for an older guy, foot comfort and joint pain tends to become more of an issue the more I run. I searched around and read the reviews on these as to their comfort and gel cushion. With that said these shoes are without a doubt the most comfortable shoes I have run in to date. Being their light weight and have the shock absorbing cushion inner sole and gel system, they seem pretty hard to beat as to what I was looking for in a running shoe. I did order a 1/2 size larger than my normal size as thats always a guess if shoes come true to size or not. Not saying the shoe in my true size may not have fit, or been abit small for me, but with the 1/2 larger size, these fit about right.
How they hold up overtime is anyones guess, but for now their a very comfortable shoe for running.