Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

Size: 10 D(M) US|Color: White / Royal / Black|Change
Price:$94.95 - $97.00

on December 13, 2011
My last four pairs of shoes have been Brooks, averaging about 30 to 35 miles per week, been retiring them at 400 or 450 miles. Decided to try something new this time so bought the ASICS GEL-Cumulus 13. Just breaking them in, but so far I have noticed shin splints going away, the bottom of my feet don't hurt after a long run, and I just ran a half marathon and walked away from the race with a PR feeling GREAT. I'm not a big guy but I am older (50) and only been running seriously for the past three years, so I've suffered with the typical knee, hip, and back issues / injuries. The Cumulus may be an ounce or two heavier than what I was running in, but so far they are much more comfortable and I think the extra cushion is more than worth the extra few ounces. I also like the look of the shoes. I'll try to remember to update this post after I get a few hundred miles on them.

Update: I now have 250+ miles on the shoes. They are holding up well. But to be honest I've switched to a lighter running shoe with a flatter heel for most of my training. I still like these shoes and they still feel like I'm walking/running on pillows. I don't think I would have been able to switch to my current shoes right away - I needed the ASICS for training - while I broke in the Saucony Kinvara 2's and my legs on the track 1 or 2 days a week. So I'm not changing my rating on the ASICS. What I will say is that if you have many typical knee, hip, back issues / injuries you probably have a choice based on my experience. Use the ASICS with more padding. Or try running in a flatter shoe where you land more on the ball of your feet like the Kinvara.
44 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2012
I'm an underpronator with high arches. These shoes are perfect for someone like me. They're just the right amount of cushioning without loss of control or feeling detached from the running surface. ASICS were a switch after years of wearing New Balance and I'm glad I made it. There's significantly more bang for the buck with the ASICS. I just got back from my first run wearing these and I couldn't be happier.
on December 27, 2011
These are a must have for anyone who is a running enthusiast. they are extremely comfortable and do exactly what they say. Asics has it down to a science. I wont ever buy anything but Asics for running shoes. This particular model, the Cumulus, is perfect for those with a high arch and are underpronators. This shoe's technology will help you correct your form and cushion your pressure areas through the gait cycle. The colors are exactly what you see in the picture, loud accents but a simple sporty design to compliment the neon. LOVE THIS SHOE!
on June 20, 2012
I had the Gel-Cumulus 12s before these ones and these are just as good or better. I'm 6'4" abut 280 pounds and I just started running and there was no pain after running with these. I can't say the same about my other shoes, and they're Asics too. These are just amazingly comfortable. True to size, and enough cushioning for my heavy behind. I'm happy.
on September 13, 2011
I bought these several weeks ago and can honestly say they have changed my life. I had shin splints after wearing different running shoes, and from doing too much walking in converse. After two days in these shoes (and stretching) my shin splints were gone. These are by far the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I run in them, and also wear them to school, around my apartment, etc. I am seriously considering buying ten pairs when I see them go on sale so I can wear them for the next ten years of my life.
on July 27, 2012
This is the second pair of ASICS I have purchased, the first pair being the Nimbus 12. I am a big guy with large, wide feet and it is difficult for me to find comfortable sneakers that look somewhat stylish without paying through the nose for them. After shopping at a well-known sneaker store for yet another pair of Nikes, the attendant advised me to try the Nimbus (Nimbuses? Nimbi?) sneakers. They were a bit pricier than I was comfortable with, but I tried them on---my God, it was like walking on air. So they lasted a while, but then the width issue reared its head. They weren't terribly constricting, but I needed just a little wider sole. So after looking on Amazon, I found these Cumulus ASICS, and they are perfect! They're very light on the feet---not quite as light as the Nimbus 12's, but I think that's because they're sturdier. The sole is the perfect size to support pancake feet like mine, and of excellent construction. And they ran me about $30 less than the Nimbus. Been wearing them now for a couple of months without signs of any problem (and I go through shoes pretty fast). Walking is a real breeze now. If you've got feet that look like scuba flippers, look no further than the ASICS Cumulus, cumuli--whatever.
on June 29, 2012
This is a great looking shoe, I mean GREAT... however there is one draw back to this shoe. I always wear ASCIS
and this size 10 medium fits like a 9-1/2 med. I have had to return the shoe back to Amazon. Well, I ordered my 2nd pair of another Asics shoe. I have always wore Asics. When the 2nd pair didnt fit either, upon inspection I found the problem. Asics were orignally made in China, the new ones are made in Vietnam. So theres the problem, they are not sized the same, they are much more narrow and short.
on July 24, 2012
I most recently ran on Nike Vomero 6 shoes, which are for normal runners that like more padding in the shoe. I was looking to replace them and originally decided to go for the new Vomeros. They were going to cost me $140.

Instead I found these for $60 on Amazon, read the reviews, and talked with some people. These are the Asics equivalent in my mind to the Nike Vomero. These had plenty of cushion on the bottom and are for normal running with little pronation.

Great shoe.
on March 12, 2014
I originally purchased this in size 10 thinking that it was consistent with what I had purchased previously. Upon receipt, that size didn't fit, so I did what I might have done first, that is check my older pair. In my experience, shoes in the size range of 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 fit, depending on the style of the shoe. As it happened, I needed a 10 1/2, so I reordered and returned the smaller size. I routinely walk very briskly about 5 miles most days and this shoe has served me well. It provides good comfort and great support. I like the gel cushion a great deal. I've experienced discomfort walking that distance with a number of brands and styles in the past. I never experience discomfort and hardly any fatigue with this shoe. I'd recommend them to you and will definitely purchase them again in the future, or purchase whatever ASICS replaces them with.
on January 17, 2012
Purchased these shoes a month ago and I'm very satisfied with them. I already put them through many miles, both walking and running. They have plenty of support/cushion and enough room up front to keep your toes from being squished together. For those curious about sizing, I bought a size 10. All my other shoes are size 10 and these fit perfectly.