5.0 out of 5 stars Great kid's athletic shoe...
Published on July 1, 2012 by Jackie-the-Greyhound

3.0 out of 5 stars thought they would be more bouncey
since these supposedly have gel I thought they would be more comfortable to run in, but they feel supportive at all
Published 14 months ago by M.J. Norman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kid's athletic shoe..., July 1, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Kid's GEL-Galaxy 5 GS Running Shoe (Little Kid/Big Kid) (Apparel)
One thing I don't like to skimp on are shoes (and mattresses, don't skimp on mattresses either!). My son, and his ever-growing feet, needed a new pair of athletic type shoes. This is a nice basic running shoe--neutral in mechanics and well made. For sizing I go to the manufacturer's website to check, then I round up. Partly because he is growing, and partly because running shoes tend to need that.

In any case, these are well made, well designed and have a neutral mechanics (which I feel is important for growing kids...unless they already have an obvious mechanics issue I would not want to mess with them).

I also liked that the vendor was Amazon itself which means Prime/super saver shipping and the great customer service if needed. For things like running shoes this is not always the case and it is important to check the rules (and costs) associated with partner vendors. For this item I would keep an eye on that in case the default vendor changes (this is not part of the 'star' scoring...the 5 stars are all about the shoes).

Highly Recommended (for those who put shoes on their paws)

JTG

5.0 out of 5 stars great running shoes for my son's gym, March 5, 2013
Y. Zhang (Hyde Park, Chicago,) - See all my reviews
Asics is well known of its quality for running shoes. I have two pairs of Asics Gel for running, and my wife and my daughter have Ascics running shoes. Now this is the first Asics shoes for my 10 years old, and he loves so much. Compared to other brand running shoes for gym in school, he feels it is the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars They make him run faster!!!, February 18, 2013
My son gives them a fat thumbs up. They are well-cushioned and lightweight. Best part for me...we can get ALL the sand out before it comes into the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shoe, December 2, 2013
bought these for my 9yr old son. He loves them, wears them everyday. the fit is good and they have good so far for the four months we have had them. He is starting to wear down the sole but as I said he wears them everyday.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubber came off the bottom of the sneakers after only about a month and they were only worn to school., August 26, 2013
These shoes look great, but they are made like CRAP! I will never buy asics again if this is how they are made. My son only wore them a handful of times (he wore them about one or two days a week and only to school) and the rubber peeled off the bottoms. He has not worn them all summer and I had forgotten about it, but when we got them out of his closet to wear for school the rubber was peeling even more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, May 30, 2013
Great quality, fit as expected and a good price. They definitely last a lot longer than other brands that are just a little cheaper

3.0 out of 5 stars thought they would be more bouncey, May 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter rated it 5 star, June 26, 2014
My daughter of 11 y.o. was very pleased with the ASICS gel galaxy 5GS trainers. She mentioned the gel cushioning made her feet felt very comfortable running and walking in them. And that it made her "more springy" when she jumped. The performance and comfort of these trainers surpassed her expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent footwear, September 11, 2013
are very comfortable and comfortable for my little boy happy playing all day without discomfort in your feet, good for sports or even school.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ASICS quality, May 10, 2013
Not well made- falling apart after 2 months of wearing to school. I would not recommend. especially for the price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›