5.0 out of 5 stars Great Affordable Asics Shoes
I love Asics, and have worn most of their designs. These Gel-Strike 3s aren't quite at the Gel-Cumulus level, but for me they rank above the Gel-Foundation and the Gel-Kanbarra. Great shoes for the price.

Published on February 21, 2012 by Rural Life

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for flat feet
Published on December 3, 2011 by H. K. Huynh

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Affordable Asics Shoes, February 21, 2012
Rural Life (WA United States) - See all my reviews

If you haven't worn Asics, they are heaven on your heels. The sole of the shoe is recessed below the heel bone, so the shock of each foot impact isn't directly transferred up into your heel. The whole back half of the shoe is designed to spread out the impact, so you always have the feeling of walking on something soft. Plus they are light weight, so your feet don't feel heavy when you have to walk or run for extended periods. Don't let the low price fool you, these are nice shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe... for men, September 27, 2011
I had an ankle injury a while back and so shoe comfort is tantamount to my continued recovery and mobility. I tried several of the women's shoes but they were too narrow according to my orthopedic surgeon. A friend suggested that I try the men's shoe. Perfect! Good toe wiggle room. I don't know why women's shoes don't have that. But then again, I don't know why women's jackets never have an inside pocket (maybe it's to keep us buying purses). Anyway, I digress. I went shopping, went to the gym, and ran some other errands. It's the end of the day and I feel no pain or foot fatigue.

I realize that some of you are ballin' out in these streets, and could probably find a very expensive shoe that fits as well. I have tried some truly pricey shoes that still can't match the comfort of this particular men's shoe.

Usually, since my accident, shoes will feel ok in the store but wear them all day and it's pain meds, ice pack, and elevation the rest of the evening. I realize everyone does not have the ankle issue I have but, if the shoes feel this good to me, then they'll probably feel great for a normal foot. I'm buying 3 more pair before they discontinue them (like they do every other product I truly like).

Great shoe, highly recommend it, but buy the men's shoe, ladies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe, November 24, 2011
I run 5 miles 6 days a week and then a couple of times a year I run a 10K race. I've run in shoes from $40 - $130. I've tried other name brands but I always return to Asics. I've worn $120 Nikes that don't feel as good as these Asics Strike 3s. They just fit me right. Right now I have a pair of Asics Cumulus (~$100) and in all honesty the Strike 3s feel nearly as good. The fit feels the same but the Cumulus is a little more cushioned. Bad thing is that the Cumulus feels a little heavier. This is my second pair of Strike 3s and I highly recommend them - great shoe for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for flat feet, December 3, 2011
The shoe looks great, but is highly uncomfortable for walking let alone running. It's very tight at the arch of your feet. If you have flat feet like mine, that will hurt your feet just by walking in it. I run about two miles everyday. Upon trying the shoe out the first time, I can BARELY walk home after only 1/4 of a mile running. Granted that this is a new shoe and that it needs to be "broken in," I can tell right away that it's not gonna be comfortable even after being broken in.

Anyway, if you look at the images (Amazon's) from above, please notice the area of the shoe where the arch of your feet are going to be at. That area is pretty tight. If you have flat feet, as a result, that would tire your feet out rather quickly. That's just walking. Running? Try another pair

2.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, February 15, 2012
These are quality shoes, however, zero bells and whistles. I've been a runner for less then a year, and the Asics Phoenix Gel was (up until now) my first and only shoe. I wore through the bottoms and needed something "now," and I was on a budget. The store recommended this low-end Asics over higher priced Nike and Reebok shoes. After about 40 miles (I'm a 25+ mile a week guy)I had pain in my calves and feet, both during and after runs. I took a close look at the stability, pronation and other buzz words/features that clutter shoe reviews and gave serious thought to what I was experiencing. Having compared middle-of-the-road, and low-end shoes, I now understand the differences.

I'll keep these shoes for the times my (soon to be) new shoes are wet, days at amusement parks and a good pair of sneakers to have on hand, but in my opinion, they're not good enough to be an everyday pair of running shoes.

These shoes have a new home....the floor of my closet. Made well?...yes. Made for a serious runner?....no.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, August 22, 2012
Manuel Martinez (Santo Domingo, Republica Dominicana) - See all my reviews
This Running shoes are excellent, are confortable and good looking. i recommend this product for every person that have to walk so much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but too narrow, July 11, 2012
These shoes are very well made and I'm happy with the purchase , especially taking in consideration the price

the only complaint is that they come very narrow , I could hardly fit my feet in them at first, took them for 2-3 runs - they feel perfect !

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Sizing, October 11, 2013
I've been running in these Asic gels for over 20 years and never had a p-roblem until now. It must have been wrongly sized.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Deal!, November 28, 2011
The shoes are awesome. I just starting running and I consider these shoes are a good option for "beginners" and their quality it's fine for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Thanks., August 8, 2011
I reduce one size but choose 4E to accommodate my wider right sole. This problem is very common for adults with athletic life style. The shoes fit perfectly.

Rate and Discover Movies