5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me!
Published on February 25, 2012 by Justice

1.0 out of 5 stars The 17 was better, no upper support in the 18!
Published on November 7, 2011 by FL runner

1.0 out of 5 stars The 17 was better, no upper support in the 18!, November 7, 2011
Out of the box the kayano 18 were defective, the tongue was faaaar too short for the shoes. I will be going back to the 17...Tried the 18 for a couple runs. There is no support in the upper. Asics has sacrificed the performance of the kayano series for weight. The 17's were light enough, while the 18's are lighter they are not supportive. I am looking for an alternative to kayanos moving forward-too bad they were a great shoe up until the 18's.

1.0 out of 5 stars New Kayano Design - EPIC FAIL for bunion sufferers!, December 28, 2011
Grinagain (Pickerington, OH) - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of Kayano 17s earlier this year and absolutely love them. I was excited to try the 18s, even though I don't *need* another pair of running shoes yet. Sadly, I was in pain as soon as I put them on. The new design is missing the flexible webbed pane on the inside part of the upper (where the big toe meets the rest of the foot). Instead, it has rigid material that does not give a single bit, which is a deal-breaker if you have a bunion on your foot. I could feel the pressure on my bunion as soon as I laced this shoe up - totally unlike the 17s, which are very accommodating. BOTTOM LINE: This shoe might be fine for most feet, but if you have bunions, look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me!, February 25, 2012
Justice (The Midwest) - See all my reviews
I love running but I also have a job where I'm on my feet a lot. My old shoes were simply that, too old and too small after hours of standing. I tried on several different kinds of shoes- saucouny, asics, puma, mizuno, etc. What I like to do is have one brand on one foot, and a totally different brand on the other foot so I can compare how they are structured. This asics shoe in the right size felt wonderful! It gave my toes enough room and space during my gait but it also hugs you at the arch of the foot. The heel also feels supported. I typically wear a size 8 shoe but for whatever reason due to swellling or how they are making shoes now- the best size for me with this brand is 9 1/2. I highly suggest you play with shoe size regardless of what you THINK your size is so you get the best fit. My big toe does not ride close to the front of the shoe but remains about an inch away. This does not create slipping or slideing of the shoe as I walk or run.

I do believe I will buy insoles however, as I would with any shoe purchase for that extra added comfort.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Kayano 18 is NOT Better, September 3, 2012
This is my first review on Amazon. I normally don't see the need of posting a review on a product because there are so many people that do. HOWEVER, you need to know that the Kayano 18 was radically changed from the previous versions. I started with the 16 and loved it. I moved to the 17 with no problem. In fact, the 17 was an improvement from the 16.

The 18, however, has given me blisters for the first time ever as a runner. You can hate me, but I am one of those people who never gets blisters or black toe nails. I should have known something was suspicious because I could tell the shoe fit differently as soon as I put it on. At the time, I thought I was just being sensitive and overreacting.

After several months of low mileage running (nothing over 8 miles), the shoe is tolerable. Hmmm... I never had to "break in" my previous versions of this shoe. With this shoe, I clearly did. Yet, it is still a mediocre fit compared to my previous versions. Don't get me wrong, it is not a bad shoe. However, if you are a previous owner of earlier versions, do NOT purchase the Kayano 18. I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing as other people have similar thoughts. Lesson learned for me. I hope there is still a pair of 17s in my size.

1.0 out of 5 stars Prone to injuries, March 22, 2012
I have worn Asics brand running shoes for the past 4 years. I replace them every 6-7 months and the Kyano 18's are by far the worst shoe I have ever worn. I developed neuroma, shin splints, and had aches in my legs/feet after using these for a little under a month. A similar situation happened with a girl at my gym. She wore them for the first time last week on a quick jog developed shinsplints and ankle pain. I DO NOT RECCOMEND THESE AT ALL. B

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like these shoes, February 18, 2013
I really like these shoes they fit me great and are very comfortable. They are also very stylish which I love. A lot of the negative reviews address issues with running and I haven't found any of these issues with these. I am not a big runner however, I mainly use these as shoes for working out at the gym including running on the treadmill, and for classes like dance and zumba.

My weight loss goals have me attempting many different workouts so I wanted some shoes that would be comfortable and also support me. One of my friends suggested these and I am glad I chose them as they have been great for me. I have used them for about 2 months now without issue. My various workout routines plus a healthier diet plus the use of the weight loss supplement Raspberry Ketones, 100% Natural Weight Loss with Raspberry Ketone have led me to lose 7 pounds in the past month. In the future I want to be a runner so as I lose weight and put more miles on these shoes maybe I will feel the effects mentioned in other reviews. If so, it looks like the 17's would be a good choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, March 15, 2012
Great fit for narrow feet, order 0.5 larger than actual shoe size ( I'm a size 5.5 so I ordered a size 6), very supportive for high arches, very comfy for running and walking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comy, June 4, 2012
I have had issues with my feet and most recently breaking my ankle. These shoes have been very supportive and comfortable to run in

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful running shoe, February 18, 2013
This shoe is wonderful for running and also power walking that is almost a slow run. I have worn this shoe for the past several years. They wear well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard Insole, January 31, 2013
I have bought this shoe at local retail stores and also on line. The insole on this particular shoe doesn't seem to have as much cushioning as previous GEL Kayano shoes purchased.