Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASICS Men's GT 1000 2 Running Shoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 23, 2014
This is the second pair of these exact shoes I've owned where the tread falls off after two months. They fit beautifully, they feel wonderful but they fall apart. Would not recommend.
review image
88 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2013
I used to like the way Asic shoes fit, there was always enough room in the foot area and your toes were not all scrunched together when the laces were tied correctly and the shoes were on your feet. This particular model of shoe seems to run almost two sizes to narrow. I know this to be true because I had matched these in the store to a previous pair of Asic shoes and the soles on the shoes don't even come close to matching and the room on the sides in both the front and back of the shoe is narrow. The shoe I was comparing it to was a standard sized and width older shoe, the new shoe was a wide shoe and it was still narrower and you can feel it when you wear it, it pinches all along the sides of your feet. I had tried on Asic shoes in a store but they did not have an all black shoe so I found this one on Amazon.com and ordered it in a 2E width, knowing the shoes in the store were narrower than the prevous model I had, but when they arrived they were still narrower than the other shoes I had been wearing, but did break in after a week of wearing and fit comfortably. Remember to order at least one size up.
55 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2013
I'm an avid runner and I'm also rather frugal. Not the kind of person would spend hundreds of dollars every couple of months to replace worn out ones. So, while researching, I bumped into this pair and at a reasonable price, it sparked my interest.

My first impression was that while length-wise they are accurately-sized, width-wise they run about a size narrow. For instance, I normally wear 2E wides, and I bought these 4E and yet they feel a bit snugger than my last 2E pair. But they feel great.

They are light and cushiony enough for me and my slight pronation. I've ran over 100 miles (including 2 x Half Marathons) with them and they've been fantastic to the point that once I hit 350 miles with my current pair, I'll be re-ordering these.

TL;DR: Fantastic pair of running shoes, highly recommend. They run a size narrower than their size (for those who care about width).
on October 25, 2013
OK first the cons with this shoe: They run narrow. I came from a Gel-Fortitude 5 in 2E width so I was thinking I could get away with the gt-1000 2 in a 2E.

Well it's a totally different shoe so of course it won't be the same, but I think Asics is trying to lower their shoes' weight in general, which is not a bad thing especially if you're taking the weight out by lowering the heel to toe drop. Unfortunately I think they're trying to save weight so bad that they ended up making the shoe platform narrower, so even a 4E ends up feeling like a 2E at the most. Not a problem for me because I'm normally a 2E so I just had to bump up to 4E but if someone currently wears a 4E in another style or brand they might expect this to fit as a 4E and it probably won't. So basically if you're a 4E look elsewhere, and if you're a 2E get these in a 4E. One more negative - the insoles are kind of like bricks. Might want to get your own, I just shoved some dr scholls athlete series in them and they're great. Make sure they're not too thick because the originals that come with the shoe were thin.

Now the good: This shoe is all the shoe most people will ever need, the perfect marriage of weight, cushioning, stability, beautiful looks, and if you're trying to lower your heel toe differential or become a mid or forefoot striker instead of a heel striker this shoe is the place to start. At a 10mm drop it was just enough of a transition for me that I felt it in my calves and achilles as they got used to it. It's not the lightest shoe but under 12oz is good enough for me. I have the first gt-1000s that I alternate with these and the 2 is much better in terms of forefoot comfort. A lot of people complain about shin, knee, and back pain when shifting to this shoe or the GT-2000. I think that's because the old GTs were 12mm, and these people are heel strikers so the new drop hits them twice as bad. The GT-1000s are lighter than the 2000s because there is no memory foam in the collar and supposedly has smaller gel pads in the heel. But the overall cushioning is very good - a little bouncy but not too firm. Just perfect. The color options for this shoe in a wide size are way better than a lot of other offerings out there. From my experience a wide shoe gets the lamest color scheme out of all the shoes in the series, not so with these as I think the black and lime ones I got are the best looking. Happy running!
on August 7, 2014
There are very few all black running shoes. I have the ASICS and Brooks GTS. I like both equally. Just to let you know how much I like them I have four pairs of each. Often manufacturers discontinue and change models so I bought four pairs of each shoe. I wear the Brooks one day and the Asics the next.

I work in an office and brightly colored shoes don't go well with slacks. With these, unless someone really stares at my shoes, they don't notice that they aren't dress or casual dress shoes unless they particularly look at my shoes.

I don't use them to run. I have have other shoes that offer more cushioning but these are super for my daily wear. Also I travel a lot and take one carry-on bag. I don't put an extra pair of shoes in the limited space in the bag. I have literally worn these with a suit and no one noticed. The all black color with no stand out emblems allows them to blend in and they don't draw attention.

I may buy four more pairs just in case they are unavailable in the future. Attached is a picture with my dress shoes in the middle.
review image
55 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2014
I had to buy half size more because they are very narrow. However the larger ones fit pretty well and they are very light and breathable. Now and then when the wind blows you can feel a light cold tingle on your toes.
Sole is OK and they are pretty comfy (but that is totally subjective because everyone has different feet).
So far so good so I cannot judge its durability. But for the price I would buy them again in the future once this pair gets killed.
on December 19, 2014
First day worn feet, knees, and even my back hurt way less then my previous shoes.

(I remember the first day wearing these were amazing) After 4 months of ownership I've had to glue the soles back on, replace the cheap insoles provided, the laces broke while tightening which is fast for shoes to fall apart but were simple fixes but now this has been growing for the past month and its time to finally just throw them away. It started off as a small hole and just kept getting larger, then I noticed my heel blistering so I looked inside today to see a sharp hard plastic poking through. For the price I was hoping these shoes were going to last longer. In the past I've bought shoes for $30 that lasted 6 months before anything started falling apart. I will say for 3 months my feet were in heaven but spending roughly 70$ on shoes to only last a month before little issues start happening is ridiculous.
on March 24, 2014
I like the shoes because they're black. ASICS have been great for me for the last several years. I used to run six miles a day several times a week and I never had any joint or shin issues. I attribute this greatly to quality footwear.
on October 5, 2014
Somehow, regular shoes were not shipped to me. I don't know what I received. I don't know if they are some weird prototype, or one of those top-secret government projects not meant for the common man. The insoles must be made from processed angel feathers, and styled by none other than Superfly himself. Calling these comfortable is doing a gross disservice to the shoes: they are so far beyond "comfortable" they can't see anything comfortable in their review mirrors. They are super-stylish, although they are quite bright. Everything about them just screams "bespoke".
on January 9, 2015
They fit good they were brand new
BUT the rubber that was all black had white flakes on it in the rubber only on the out side part that you can see visible on the arch but over all good but defiantly defective sorry