Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on October 21, 2013
I wore numerous pairs of ASICS GT-2130s through 2170s before they redesigned for the GT 2000 series. The first edition had much less cushioning but a more aggressive and faster feel, which was a big change. The GT 2000 2 has more stability and cushion although I have to admit they don't feel as fast as the first release. But for anyone that liked this model before the redesign, you will be happy to have the old feel back.

**Update** I've run about 100 miles in these including a 10 mile run over the weekend and they feel great - the cushioning and stability are much stronger than the first release and on per with the previous GT-21XX models.
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2014
I wore the ASICS GT2100 series of shoes for years because their fit and ride were perfect for me as a bigger runner (6'4#, 200#) who does 30-50 miles/week and ~10 half marathons per year. Then ASICS came out with the "new" GT2000 shoe, which was a disaster (major structural changes led to me developing plantar fasciitis within a week). So I switched to the ASICS Kayanos, which I liked well enough until they messed with the fit on the Kayano 20. So, I tried the new and improved GT2000 2, and have really enjoyed it. The ride is improved, with better cushioning and less stiffness in the structure, but with excellent road feel. Weight is light compared to other shoes (like the Kayano) and light enough to be a good race shoe (just ran a half marathon in them in 1:56:21). With over 200 miles each on two pairs (I alternate shoes during the summer), the cushioning is still excellent, and all materials are wearing well.
on July 11, 2014
I'm a recent convert to the ASICS family after being lured away from Saucony. I have the GT2000 trail running shoe and love it, so I figured I'd get the GT 2000 2 for road-specific training.

The good points about the shoe include its cushioning (excellent) and build quality (also excellent). I expect these shoes to last 500 miles. I'm a mild pronator, and these shoes do a great job of providing the support I need for long runs.

The colors displayed online are just as bright in person, and it's safe to say that one won't see too many other shoes on the road with the distinct "Orange Clownfish" accent color. If you're looking for shoes that scream "I LOVE COLORS!", these are probably right for you.

Here's where I provide a word of caution, though: When compared with other brands, this particular shoe fits a bit small, both in terms of length and width. This is most pronounced in the heel area, and for me, it caused a slight rub on my heel at first when I was wearing standard cotton athletic socks. A switch to a thinner running sock fixed the fit issue for me, but this issue may be a bigger deal for those whose feet tend to be close to the next half size/width up. If this describes you, I would err on the side of caution and get the next half size/width up. This is the risk you take buying shoes online.

In summary, you can expect great build quality and cushioning from the ASICS GT 2000 2 running shoe, but be forewarned that these shoes are on the smaller side, and you may need to consider the next half size up. Size issues aside, these shoes are great, and I intend to use them for a long period of time.
on February 10, 2014
I have wide feet and low arches (darn near dead flat before wearing Vibram Five Fingers on off days to build foot strength), but I'm a neutral pronator. Thankfully a very helpful pro at a running store helped evaluate my gait / pronation several years ago, and introduced me to the GT 2100 series. These GT 2000 2 shoes take up right where the 2100 series left off. The Asics brand is one of the only options, if not the only option, for neutral pronators who need a 4E width shoe. Since I've also ventured into the world of minimalist footwear between my last pair of 2170s and these 2000 2s I notice the forefoot geel even more, and it's great for both runs and long days standing on concrete floors at work. Highly recommended.
on April 8, 2015
I've never owned an Asics running shoe I didn't like. This one is no exception.

My doc told me I have flat arches which caused me some pain most mornings. First, I tried those Dr. Scholl's inserts which aren't very god to run with and honestly make your shoe's fit loose.

Then, I started researching running shoes for flat feet and running shoes for over-pronation (your foot overly flattens on the insides when you run). You'll find a lot of shoe types and brands with this search.

The GT-2000 2 came up on a couple searches, were inexpensive as compared to many other results and had great reviews on Amazon. They shipped quickly and I ran on them the next Monday. They felt great for the quick mile run and are still comfortable after about 20 miles I've put on them so far.

I took a couple "odd angled" pictures in case you'd like to see the arch support. I only wear them running so I won't comment on wearing them for a whole day.
review image review image review image
on December 16, 2014
Went to a local running store to get fitted for runing shoes. Well worth paying full retail when it includes the fitting. I wanted to buy another pair to leave at work for the gym, but couldn't see paying full price again. Found the exact Make/Model on Amazon for $40 cheaper than retail. Can't beat that!
on January 14, 2015
👍👍👍👍👍
review image
on February 5, 2015
These running shoes have a very hard, very stiff and inflexible sole. It transmits all shock to your foot. When I ran with these shoes my feet made a "clomp" sound. My plantar fasciitis which hasn't been a problem for over a year returned. My knees started to bother me. Even the thickest inner soles for running shoes could not reduce the pounding my feet were getting from these shoes.

I switched to a pair of New Balance MR1080. These shoes are very similar in style and price but have a much softer and flexible sole. I don't make any noise when I run with them. My feet and legs recovered in a few weeks.
on March 31, 2015
This is my 27th pair of Asics GT's. Pair 26 is the GT-2000, which doesn't seem to have as much cushioning in the forefoot as the GT-2160's they replaced. This pair of 2000 2's seems a little better in that respect, but after a couple of 5-mile runs, I'm not totally sold. Sometimes you get a shoe, and it just feels made for your foot. Most of my previous 26 pairs of GT's felt that way. Maybe these will just take a little break in. Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive after my experience with the GT-2000's. I'll plan to get back here and update after I've put some more miles on them.
on July 28, 2015
These are a top quality stability shoe, with superb cushioning and support for people with a normal arch, and mild to moderate over-pronation. As with many running shoes, these run about a half size smaller, so you need to order them a half sizer larger than your street shoes. I typically wear a size 11, but I bought an 11.5 in this shoe, and it fits perfectly.

Many running shoes do run smaller than other shoes. Despite what some complainers say when they post negative reviews, this is not a flaw or poor construction. Athletic shoes are built on different lasts than other shoes, and so the fit is going to be different. For example, New Balance uses two primary lasts, the SL1 and SL2 (one has a wider toe box, and the other has a narrower heel). The fit of shoes built on these two different lasts is going to be different. So, you could buy two pairs of New Balance shoes (different styles) and find that one shoe fits perfectly while the other does not.

The shape of your foot also affects what size and even what shoe you need. If your second toe is longer than your big toe, look for a shoe with a more pointed toe. That will give you toes more room, and will usually fit better than a shoe with a rounded toe, but if you simply have to have that rounded toe shoe, then you will probably need a half size larger. If your big toe is longer, then go with that rounded toe shoe The bottom line, as I told all my customers, is there is absolutely no such thing as "I always wear size X". There are no absolutes when buying shoes.

Anytime you buy a shoe, and feel a ridge under your heel or the ball of your foot, the shoe is a half size (or maybe even a full size) too large or small. If the ridge is under your heel, then the shoe is too small, and the arch is falling too far back on your foot. If the ridge is under the ball of your foot, the opposite is true, the shoe is a half size too large.

I am factory trained by New Balance, and Saucony, and sold athletic shoes for over 22 years. In my opinion this is one of the best stability shoes you can buy, particularly at this price. There is a newer version of the Gt-2000 (the GT-2000 3), but I believe that this is still the better shoe. If you want a top of the line stability shoe, then you should look at the Asics Gel Kayano, Brooks Adrenaline, Saucony Hurricane, or New Balance 990. For $60, however, you will not do better than the Asics GT-2000 2.