Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASICS Men's GEL-Blur33 2.0 Running Shoe
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 21, 2012
I've been a runner for over 10 years, I've tried Mizuno,New Balance, Saucony, Nike as running shoes, for some reason it took me a long time to get to the Asics, now I am kicking myself after I tried these out, these are the most comfortable, lightweight trainer shoes, is the right frontier between lightweight and hell of a cushioning.

They do feel different, and this is asics intention the 33 collection is supposed to bring a more natural foot movements and it does, the shoe kinda merges with you feet, it's a nice, fresh symbiotic relationship LOL

No problem with the widht, version 1.0 was narrow, this isn't, this is perfectly adjusted and as mentioned in other reviews, laces now have the right lenght.

This is the perfect trainer for an every day run, no sourness or any sort of pain whatsoever after using them for hours.
This is the one, buy it.

6 month use update:
These were not just a good first impression, after 6 months they continue to be as good as they have always been in cushioning, comfort and lightweight.Highly recommended, I just bought my wife the blur2.0 for ladies, same good experience.

1. Moderate Arch
2. Size 10 , width M
3. Neutral, midfoot strike
4. I use lightweight shoes especially for low distance competitions (1km-10km), it is most comfortable than most lightweighted shoes and shock absorption is good, I use these shoes about 4-5 times a week, each time to run from 5km-7km, rarely 10km (but still comfortable at 10km). I would think it twice before engaging these in a 15km and up race due to its nature of being lightweighted.

Works for casual too, very nice looking with a pair of jeans, and people will comment about it; been there, done that.
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2013
I've been wearing Asics for the last 5 years. My last 2 pairs I've purchased are the Asics Gel Nimbus 12 and 13s. I absolutely loved the Nimbus, but when I went to buy a replacement the price had skyrocketed to $180. I decided to try the Gel-Blu33 2.0 shoes as they were less than $100 from Amazon. The shoe came quick and the color was dead one. I definitely noticed that these shoes didn't have as much cushion as the Gel Nimbus. I definitely can see why people say that this shoe is good for 5 miles and below. I typically run 5-6 miles during the week on a treadmill and then do a 7-10 mile run on the weekend. I'm not confident that these shoes will provide the support\cushion that I will need on the longer runs.

If you're a short distance runner these shoes are fantastic, if you're more distance oriented then i would skip these and pony up for the Gel Nimbus.
on June 18, 2012
I have been looking for a pair of sneakers for a while now that look good, but also fit my feet and are comfortable to run in. Basically, I didn't want to sacrifice style for comfort, or the other way around. These fit the bill perfectly. I originally purchased the Gel Blur33 1.0, and found that they were on the narrower end, and that the shoe laces were too small to even lace. These are a noticeable improvement from the previous version. They are so comfortable, I don't even want to take them off when I go inside the house. They fit so perfectly to your feet, they almost feel like a part of your body. The netting on the upper also sends a nice breeze through the shoe to keep it ventilated and your feet cool. Oh, and on top of it all, these things look absolutely dope. I have had them for about 2 weeks now, and I have never had so many people compliment me on my shoes. Asics hit it out of the park with these. I couldn't imagine a more perfect sneaker.
on September 11, 2013
I ordered this shoe because I loved my 150$ ascics and wanted to try a cheaper alternative in hopes of getting the same results. Being a PE teacher I need to have something that will hold up to being on my feet all day. This shoe has been great so far and for 60 bucks I cant complain. If you are thinking that you are going to get the same comfort as one of their more expensive models you are wrong. This is more of a minimalist shoe but still very comfortable and good to me so far. Also white gets dusty and dirty very easy so baby them like I do mine and they will stay looking good.
on November 1, 2013
I've been running for decades 20 - 30 miles weekly, all outside, no treadmills, regardless of weather. Have worn every brand at every price point. Last 5 years became ASICS Nimbus fan from suggestions from my shoe supplier. Then, not for issues with shoes, I started to have issues with debilitating minor injuries. i.e., reoccurring tendonitis, etc. Thought I was done for good with everyone telling me maybe too old, can't be doing that forever, yada, yada. Then I thought about the barefoot style or gate I had seen in videos and was beginning to see everywhere. Not that I wanted to run barefoot. It was I noticed the gate was very similar to how I would run when nursing an injury. So, after talking to supplier, he suggested these. After a lot of relearning and more changing my gates the injuries have been negated. Run more now than I have in years. Without injury, and no longer have the haunting feeling I'm going to have to give up running because of age, it was all because of allowing my mechanics to get out of whack. If you are having similar issues and you're thinking of making the transition these are the shoes to move to. You can move up into different models later if you choose. (kayanos and others) but before you do, this is probably the place to start. Personally, this is a reorder of the same show for me. And I fit all my shoes with Spenco insoles HD's or Walker/runners. Either or. These shoes or sole styling makes you think about your gate which helps remind you to watch your mechanics. Just thought I'd put this all out there for anyone else that may have similar issues and is frustrated. I know I was. I found I was compensating bad mechanics I picked up over the years that I never noticed through compensating their effects through higher and higher priced shoes thinking it was cushioning. For me, it was game changing. Hope this helps anyone similar.
on February 5, 2013
I've always been partial to ASICS, and have been running for over 25 years. There have been some failures, but by and large, this isn't one of them. It is a nice, comfortable shoe, not "heavy", give plenty of shock protection and padding. A good training shoe, but thus far, I don't think it is ready yet for 13.1 or more. I like it, though, very much as a trainer shoe. Personally, the personalization is nice, but I wish ASICS would offer width, as well as other personalization features.
on May 17, 2013
It's always a scary proposition buying shoes online because they may not fit. Mine fit just fine, and they're very comfortable. I feel like I got a good deal price-wise (well over 40 percent in savings) based on doing my research online. I took them out on my jog and I ran my best time in a while. They were lighter than what I normally wear, and sufficiently cushioned. I will likely buy additional gel insoles at some point to maintain cushion, but I'm very happy with my purchase ... So much that I'm making another similar purchase today (different color and an even better price).
on October 13, 2014
I purchased these expecting the same amount of cushioning as the Blur 1.0's, I have a pair of those with 375 miles, and really like the feel, particularly after 50 miles. In comparison to the 1.0's these are definitely firmer feeling..less cushioning, even after 100 miles of break-in. I would say that these have a firm feel to them generally. They seem a bit lighter. The fit is almost exactly the same as the previous generation. Roomy toe box. Comfortable upper. The sole seems to wear less than the previous generation. Flat laces although they seem to come untied if not double knotted, this is a problem I didn't have previously. These are not an improvement.
on October 25, 2013
Very comfortable shoes and lightweight with breathable upper membrane, excellent support. Second pair that I own, I could not find them in any stores, runs a little small, had to get them a 1/2 size bigger.
on June 22, 2014
I swear by Asics, as do pretty much every runner I know. I have 2 pair including these (one for outdoor, one for treadmill). I use these for the treadmill and have only run outside in them a handful of times, so take that into account. Like any pair of Asics, they fit like a glove and offer amazing support. It feels like running on a cushion of air. I suffer from chronic tendinitis in my left knee and am a Type 1 diabetic, so it's really important to me that shoes fit well and offer proper support and cushioning. These Asics (as well as my other pair) do all of this above and beyond reasonable expectations. I'm sure that there are some super expensive running shoes that you can get custom fitted at a specialty store that will be better, but for under $100, these can't be beat.