5.0 out of 5 stars Running to the Top!
Published on January 2, 2012 by Christopher

3.0 out of 5 stars Replaced old Gel 1130...
Hmmm... I thought these were the replacement for my old 1130's but they aren't the same. They seem lighter, the toe box isn't as big and the sole is smaller. They're o.k. but not what I was expecting. Familiar story these days, anything you have that is older is probably going to be replaced by something inferior...
Published 18 months ago by Dan Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Running to the Top!, January 2, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-1170 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I have bought other brands of running shoes prior to purchasing these Asics Gel-1170 and have been content, but I have wide feet and it was hard to find shoes that just felt perfect. I began training for boxing competition and would be running a lot more, 4 day a week at 4-6 miles each run. So I needed a dependable, comfortable and durable running shoe. After considering the Ghost 4 (too expensive) and the Adidas Sonic 2 (not enough cushion, although they were next pick). My first run with the 1170's felt like I had pillows on my feet. The gel support is amazing. They also are duomax which means they give arch support for people with flatter feet. I must admit that I wear these when I am not running sometimes just because they are so comfortable. I love the color scheme and the net exterior looks cool. I really have no complaints or criticism about this shoe. Glad I finally found a perfect shoe for my gremlin feet :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A VERY pleasant surprise!, February 18, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-1170 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I tend to run 2-4 times a week, for about 30 minutes at a pop. In the past I've used the Gel Cumulus, Nimbus and Enduro. I tried the 1170 due to a lack of available sizes at a local shop (note to self... find your size, then go back to Amazon.com, you goof). I tend to be a mild pronator with moderate heel-strike, and have tendencies towards Achilles tendonitis. I thought I wanted a set of 2170s or maybe the Kayano, but since these fit I thought I'd give them a try. After 30 minutes on a treadmill I knew I'd made a good choice... my feet were in heaven! No aching, no cramping, just running and lots of sweat. One source I looked at went so far as to recommend these for Marathoners. As always, let fit and feel be your guide, but for the price, I felt I got my money's worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope it's not just pure luck, April 11, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-1170 Running Shoe (Apparel)
Ran 2011 LA marathon with N Balance and horrible Achilles Tentonitis, and this year ran 2012 LA Marathon in Gel-1150 which is the older version of 1170 and not even a bit of pain in achilles, so I got my 1170's recently and expecting even better results. I have low arch foot but contrary to most, I under-pronate instead of over :-) which makes my feet RARE.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe!, August 13, 2012
I have very flat feet and tend to overpronate. My last shoes were great at helping this issue, at the expense of cushioning. These shoes help with the overpronation and have great cushioning, especially in the forefoot. Great shoe, great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than enough show from a great maker, April 5, 2012
I ran the Asics 21xx series for 10 years. After a bout of plantar fasciitis (walking barefoot) and after I developed arthritis in my great toe, I thought I needed more shoe and moved up to the Gel Kayano. Another great shoe but I probably don't need that much support. Once the minimalist trend took hold I contemplated slowly transitioning to less support. The first step was to the Gel 1170. This is a fantastic shoe. Fits like a glove. Lighter than the models I had been running but with enough support and cushioning for my 170 lb frame. I now alternate the 1170 with the DS Trainer. I have not had an injury in the last 6 months and my times have dropped. I am one happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creat Value Street Running Shoe, October 11, 2012
Great structured cushion shoe ideal for my daily workouts. I run about 60 miles a month. The toe box is nice and wide, avoiding any discomfort while running. The gel based heel and toe absorb shock very well. put in about 6 months of running before replacing the shoe. The price is a lot lower than other inferior structured cushion shoes. I highly recommend the ASICS Gel-1170

5.0 out of 5 stars ASICS Gel-1170, April 12, 2012
I have run with the predecessors of this model for many years. It's a great shoe, and I received it from this vendor in short order and in great shape. This is the first time I bought running shoes on line, but this is how I will buy them from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Bang for the Buck, September 19, 2012
I am very happy with the Asics Gel-1170. I gave them 5 stars as they perform as advertised and were at a nice price point. They are very comfortable and don't squash my toes like many shoes do. Construction looks good and I expect they will hold up well for training. They are probably more shoe than I needed but as a new runner I wasn't sure what I would need. They weigh 11.7 oz or 330g each in size 10.5. So, for a sub 100 dollar trainer - I paid $79.95 with free shipping - I think they are a good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3rd Pair...., June 9, 2012
My 3rd pair in this series, incredibly comfortable and supportive shoes and great looking in my opinion. If you need support running shoes then these are perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars ASICS GEL-1170, May 10, 2012
I use Asics shoes ever, but this is the first time I buy GEL-1170. It is excellent, comfortable in long runs.

ASICS Men's GEL-1170 Running Shoe