Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASICS Men's GEL-170 TR Leather Training Shoe
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on October 23, 2011
If the 150-tr was avaialable I would have gotten another pair of those, I liked them (fit/finish/wear). With +/- a month of use I'm happy with the 170-tr too and would get these again. Overall, 150-tr to 170-tr, if you liked one you should be happy with the other IMHO.

The upper toe (still "leather", not mesh, and a little longer), the tongue and the lace area are very similar. There is a bit less padding on the 170 interior up around the achilles/ankle area, OK though as it feels a little more snug or narrow and more support compared to a well used pair of 150. The inner and arch appear the same. The sole has a different design, similar tread at the toe to ball of foot, the heel tread is a different pattern with a change in proportion of the material color, of course don't know if the densities are different or just the color. Feels the same walking/jogging.
on September 13, 2011
I love these shoes. They are very comfortable. Two years ago CR rated the Asics TR-150 as a best buy. I bought 2 pair of the TR-150's right before I saw the article(total chance) and was very happy with them. I'm a nurse and am on my feet 9-10 hours a day, and one pair were the shoes i wore to work. These are the new version of the 150's and i couldn't be happier. Look great feel GREAT!
on July 23, 2013
I started wearing ASICS about five years ago and love the comfort and durability. But never wore a pair of leather ASICS until now.

Wasn't sure what size to order after reading other reviews so just stuck with my normal ASICS size. Turns out the size is consistent with all my other past orders.

I was expecting a break-in period since the shoes are leather and a bit more rigid then the mesh. As soon as I put these shoes on I forgot I had them on as they are completely comfortable. A great shoe for any training activity!
on August 26, 2013
I wore Asics wrestling shoes years ago in high school and college and was always impressed with the quality and fit of the wrestling shoes. Fast forward to 2006 when I purchased my first pair of Asics tennis shoes. They fit well and quickly became my favorite shoes to wear. I liked them so much I purchased a second pair to have "just in case". Well, as luck would have it my second pair fell victim to a deck project and became covered in stain and I needed a new pair. I looked to find the same type of shoe that I had but had no luck. I knew I wanted a leather tennis shoe and I wanted it to be an Asics brand. I searched Amazon and found the Gel-170 Leather Training shoe. I was dubious at first because it wasn't all leather, it had synthetic leather components (I'm not a fan of synthetic leather). Well, they were Asics and the price was right, so I thought I'd give them a try. Well, I was very pleasantly surprised! They fit really well (as I'd hoped they would) and are super comfortable. I have had no trouble with them and would recommend them to anyone who asked. I do plan on ordering another pair when these need replaced.
on November 29, 2014
I really like these Asics shoes. I needed a shoe with good support and my research said Asics had the best support in athletic shoes so I bought a pair at a local store. They were great and my feet and legs felt much better. I looked on amazon to see if Asics made a leather shoe and I bought the Asics GEL-170 Trainer. They are very nice shoes and I think the leather gives more support than the cloth shoes I had originally purchased. Some reviews said to buy a 1/2 size larger but I bought my normal size and they fit fine. These are great shoes and I am enjoying wearing them.
on March 13, 2014
This is a very nice looking all leather walking/running shoe. I read some of the other reviews and noted that they reported a slightly snug fit. Therefore, although I usually wear a size 10, I ordered a size 10-1/2. I am glad I increased the size by a half size. They are still a bit snug in width but I would not want them any longer. I believe the leather will stretch the more I wear them. They are a great all weather shoe with good traction and a lot of support. I may update my review later but for now this is my honest opinion.
on June 16, 2014
I wear mine to work to work in, and they stay comfy all day including working on ladders, climbing stairs, driving, walking and plain old time on my feet. They have lasted and stayed comfy for about a year now, which is an exceptional life span for the amount of abuse. Not quite as narrow as many of the other Asics, (IMHO) but not by a lot.
on January 25, 2013
This is definitely not a running shoe, but is definitely a workout/crossfit shoe. I have bought Asics Gel Running Shoes before, but they don't support the side of my foot during stretching or vigorous cardio (non-running type) workouts. It always felt like my foot was going to slide off the side. This shoe is as comfortable as their running shoes, but more supportive on the sides. It took longer to break them in of course due to all leather, but still no blisters or prolong soreness. This pair was well worth the money. I can't rate all Asics shoes, but I have found one of their less expensive shoes is not as comfortable. My last pair, Gel Kahana Running Shoe, I retired after two years, but still a comfortable walking shoe now.
on September 16, 2013
Good shoes but they are NOT a EEEE in width. There are maybe EEE but NOT EEEE. NOT TRUE TO SIZE!
I have a wide foot and in a good quality boot I wear a 13 EE and it fits fine. This shoe runs small in the width but EEEE was as
wide as it comes.

My Advice: Order at least one size wider than you need.
on October 15, 2013
this is not 4e shoe , it is 2e shoe
they look bulky , they look like 6e shoe .
they have too much padding that make them look bulky and ugly .
they are little heavy .
they are great for their softness ,
buy New balance , it is truly 4e .