5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and stable shoe!
WHY I TRIED THEM:

I run 3-4 days per week and will only use asics. I'm 6'1 215 lbs so I need alot of support. I wanted to try the asic golf shoe since the running shoes work so well for me.

FIRST IMPRESSION:

Published on February 21, 2011 by DrBone

1.0 out of 5 stars Tortured Soles
Got these on a whim, since I'm a former runner who got through several marathons thanks to Asics for my high-arched feet. Not running now, playing golf and I usually walk the courses. Something just not quite right about these kicks. If you wear orthotics, especially, they don't fit well in these shoes. And as far as helping my golf game -- well, that'll take more than...
Published on August 5, 2012 by J. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and stable shoe!, February 21, 2011
WHY I TRIED THEM:

FIRST IMPRESSION:

I loved the look and feel right away. Very comfortable. The first thing I noticed after standing up was that they feel similar to asic running shoes in that they immediately conform to your foot, you dont feel unwanted pressure on spots where it feels like you'll have to 'break them in'.

ON THE COURSE:

Because of the higher heel, you are more on the balls of your feet, you feel VERY stable and balanced in the shoe. I did notice (as I've seen a few other web posts about this shoe) is that it tended to leave some good sized marks on the greens, presumably from the spike design in the heel ???

I bought these, took them to Vegas, and played 18 on a long course and my feet didnt hurt one bit. No blisters, nothing. Extremely comfortable golf shoe.

I was going to try Eccos but took these since I read some of the Eccos can slip in the heel. Not sure, may try Eccos to just to compare, but so far, I'd say Asic will be a player in the golf shoe world based on how comfy these are. We'll see how they hold up under tough conditions I play in. (midwest - north)

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE SHOES, June 12, 2011
I recently purchased these shoes for the 2011 golf season. I have 3 pair of golf shoes that are NIKE, and now I use those to mow my lawn; NO JOKE!!! I was unaware that ASICS made golf shoes, but I can tell you that I won't golf again unless I am wearing these shoes! I am hoping that they will release an all black shoe in this model. Until then, these will be worn with every color shorts, pants, shirts....I used to want to match, now I put my shoes on first, and everything else after! They are an extremely good looking shoe, INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE, AND IF THAT WERE NOT ENOUGH, MY FEET ARE DRY WHEN I FINISH, RAIN OR SHINE!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Comfortable!, July 6, 2012
Shoes are a 5 star like all other reviewers. Very comfortable and provide great grip. I would highly recommend some driving range time with these before hitting the links. They add some height to you with the heels and asic padding. So your swing and distance you stand from the ball will need to be tweaked and could easily ruin a good day on the course without a little practice. Otherwise - I will never own another pair of golf shoes that aren't asic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick comment regarding size, January 25, 2012
I have nothing but praise for these shoes and will not repeat what others have said. I was quite interested when Asics entered the golf shoe market, as I LOVE the fit of their running shoes. I do not live near store that sells their golf shoes so I took the fitting advice of their customer service to purchase the same size in their new golf shoes. The golf shoes are every bit as comfortable and appear to be the identical size as the running shoes. Fantastic fit for my foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars My best golf shoe yet, May 9, 2013
I have FootJoy, Callaway and finally tried Asics who are little known in the golfing world. I am a gym user, so am familiar with Asics which are my running shoes. After reading the odd review somewhere, I decided to try out these Asics Gel-Ace Tour shoes for golf. Marvellous, to say the least! I felt I was wearing my running shoes...the fit was perfect, fairly light and the padding enveloped my feet to create a 'walking on clouds' experience, from the very first day I wore them on the course. The heel is a bit elevated, but helps to keep you on the balls of your feet while addressing the ball. Absolutely no foot fatigue when you return to the clubhouse...wow!

Have had these Asics for almost 6 months now and they are holding up very well, in all types of weather. Yes, I love my FootJoys, but these are in a different league. Just wish Asics would come out with more models of golf shoes...there seem to be only 2-3 different types as of now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 12, 2013
Nice shoes. Seem comfortable. Cant wait to try it out. Just wondering how do you change the spikes out. After market spikes?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Golf Shoe from a FootJoy Guy, May 10, 2012
This was my first pair of non-FootJoy golf shoes. ASICS has a great name in the sports footwear industry, so I decided to give them a try. Right off they are extremely comfortable and the support they provide is second to none. I wasn't sure what to expect on the course but they have proven to be on par with the finest FootJoy shoes. Not for nothing, I was on the range prior to my first round with the new shoes and several gents asked how I liked them. Seems there is quite a following.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best golf shoes I have ever owned, by a wide margin., April 28, 2012
These Asics Gel-Ace Tour Golf Shoes are more comfortable than any shoes of any kind that I have ever worn. Five Stars are not enough, I give them at least six stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars ASICS men's GEL-Ace Tour Golf shoes, March 6, 2012
Vetteman (Surprise, AZ) - See all my reviews
I am an avid golfer and have many different brands of golf shoes, Nike, Adidas, and Foot joy. I always get blisters on my heels until the shoes break in. sometimes they never do! I have for years use ASICS running shoes for workouts , walking and running, which I seldom do, however. I first saw these ASICS in the PGA Superstore in Atlanta. The pair I saw were their cheapest pair. I was not impressed. When I got home in went to the PGA Superstore in Scottsdale and tried on several different models. I checked the ASICS website also. I got a email from Amazon on Kindle books etc and there was a link to ASICS golf shoes. They were cheaper, no tax and free shipping. Got the shoes in 5 days. I wore them the very next week Mon, Wed & Thurs. They were GREAT fitting just like the ones I tried on in the PGA store. I highly recommend them and I have told many of my golfing buddies about them. And, last but not least, they were cheaper than the PGA store.

Best of luck!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fitting shoe., February 15, 2011
I was unable to view this shoe in hand before I ordered it. It seems that Asics is just getting started in the Golf Shoe business and none of the mid-Michigan golf houses are stocking them as yet. But the reviews I could find on the shoe combined with the Asics brand convinced me to give them a try. Glad I did. The shoe fits every bit as good as their running shoes. I have never owned a golf shoe that fits as well as this does, especially in the fore foot and it has great stability when you set the inside of your right heel on the backswing. I've only worn them at the indoor range to date, but I am eagerly awaiting my first outing at a course. You might want to consider moving up about one half size from your street shoes when ordering these shoes. That was a suggestion from one of the reviews I was able to find before I ordered it and it proved to be good advice.

Rate and Discover Movies