Most helpful positive review
12 of 14 people found the following review helpful
Good, almost great.
on October 25, 2012
I bought these shoes for lifting and general workouts.
1) They're very comfortable, as I've come to expect from Asics.
2) They don't look heinous like most other trainers.
3) They're very lightweigtht.
1) There is too much space left at the front of the shoe, so when you're moving around a lot, your toes and the ball of your foot may slide. During jumping jacks this reaches a point where it's almost painful (because of the foot sliding outward in the shoe every time your feet go out).
2) I can't seem the balance between them tying too tight or too loose. They feel loose in the front (where I want them tight), but tight at the top (where I'd prefer them loser so it doesn't irritate my ankle).
Overall, a perfectly reasonable purchase if you're just looking for something around the gym, but if you're looking for something for running around, especially agility and sharp movements, then I think you should keep looking.