5.0 out of 5 stars Best Trainer shoe ever, highly recommended
I've been a runner for over 10 years, I've tried Mizuno,New Balance, Saucony, Nike as running shoes, for some reason it took me a long time to get to the Asics, now I am kicking myself after I tried these out, these are the most comfortable, lightweight trainer shoes, is the right frontier between lightweight and hell of a cushioning.

They do feel different,...
Published on June 21, 2012 by Julio Palma Lopez

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good + Value
Published 20 months ago by bonez100

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Trainer shoe ever, highly recommended, June 21, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Blur33 2.0 Running Shoe (Shoes)

They do feel different, and this is asics intention the 33 collection is supposed to bring a more natural foot movements and it does, the shoe kinda merges with you feet, it's a nice, fresh symbiotic relationship LOL

No problem with the widht, version 1.0 was narrow, this isn't, this is perfectly adjusted and as mentioned in other reviews, laces now have the right lenght.

This is the perfect trainer for an every day run, no sourness or any sort of pain whatsoever after using them for hours.
This is the one, buy it.

6 month use update:
These were not just a good first impression, after 6 months they continue to be as good as they have always been in cushioning, comfort and lightweight.Highly recommended, I just bought my wife the blur2.0 for ladies, same good experience.

1. Moderate Arch
2. Size 10 , width M
3. Neutral, midfoot strike
4. I use lightweight shoes especially for low distance competitions (1km-10km), it is most comfortable than most lightweighted shoes and shock absorption is good, I use these shoes about 4-5 times a week, each time to run from 5km-7km, rarely 10km (but still comfortable at 10km). I would think it twice before engaging these in a 15km and up race due to its nature of being lightweighted.

Works for casual too, very nice looking with a pair of jeans, and people will comment about it; been there, done that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good + Value, April 16, 2013
I've been wearing Asics for the last 5 years. My last 2 pairs I've purchased are the Asics Gel Nimbus 12 and 13s. I absolutely loved the Nimbus, but when I went to buy a replacement the price had skyrocketed to $180. I decided to try the Gel-Blu33 2.0 shoes as they were less than $100 from Amazon. The shoe came quick and the color was dead one. I definitely noticed that these shoes didn't have as much cushion as the Gel Nimbus. I definitely can see why people say that this shoe is good for 5 miles and below. I typically run 5-6 miles during the week on a treadmill and then do a 7-10 mile run on the weekend. I'm not confident that these shoes will provide the support\cushion that I will need on the longer runs.

If you're a short distance runner these shoes are fantastic, if you're more distance oriented then i would skip these and pony up for the Gel Nimbus.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect blend of form and function..., June 18, 2012
I have been looking for a pair of sneakers for a while now that look good, but also fit my feet and are comfortable to run in. Basically, I didn't want to sacrifice style for comfort, or the other way around. These fit the bill perfectly. I originally purchased the Gel Blur33 1.0, and found that they were on the narrower end, and that the shoe laces were too small to even lace. These are a noticeable improvement from the previous version. They are so comfortable, I don't even want to take them off when I go inside the house. They fit so perfectly to your feet, they almost feel like a part of your body. The netting on the upper also sends a nice breeze through the shoe to keep it ventilated and your feet cool. Oh, and on top of it all, these things look absolutely dope. I have had them for about 2 weeks now, and I have never had so many people compliment me on my shoes. Asics hit it out of the park with these. I couldn't imagine a more perfect sneaker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe at a great price, September 11, 2013
I ordered this shoe because I loved my 150$ ascics and wanted to try a cheaper alternative in hopes of getting the same results. Being a PE teacher I need to have something that will hold up to being on my feet all day. This shoe has been great so far and for 60 bucks I cant complain. If you are thinking that you are going to get the same comfort as one of their more expensive models you are wrong. This is more of a minimalist shoe but still very comfortable and good to me so far. Also white gets dusty and dirty very easy so baby them like I do mine and they will stay looking good.

4.0 out of 5 stars I lucked out, I feel, May 17, 2013
Gregory S. Bromberg (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - See all my reviews
It's always a scary proposition buying shoes online because they may not fit. Mine fit just fine, and they're very comfortable. I feel like I got a good deal price-wise (well over 40 percent in savings) based on doing my research online. I took them out on my jog and I ran my best time in a while. They were lighter than what I normally wear, and sufficiently cushioned. I will likely buy additional gel insoles at some point to maintain cushion, but I'm very happy with my purchase ... So much that I'm making another similar purchase today (different color and an even better price).

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Pair of GEL-Blur33, October 25, 2013
Very comfortable shoes and lightweight with breathable upper membrane, excellent support. Second pair that I own, I could not find them in any stores, runs a little small, had to get them a 1/2 size bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Run Small, October 2, 2013
I have worn a size 11 ASICS for two years and I had to exchange for a size 12 in this pair. But not it is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dependable Running Shoe, February 5, 2013
I've always been partial to ASICS, and have been running for over 25 years. There have been some failures, but by and large, this isn't one of them. It is a nice, comfortable shoe, not "heavy", give plenty of shock protection and padding. A good training shoe, but thus far, I don't think it is ready yet for 13.1 or more. I like it, though, very much as a trainer shoe. Personally, the personalization is nice, but I wish ASICS would offer width, as well as other personalization features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great transitional shoe from traditional running to more barefoot or minimilist gate, November 1, 2013
I've been running for decades 20 - 30 miles weekly, all outside, no treadmills, regardless of weather. Have worn every brand at every price point. Last 5 years became ASICS Nimbus fan from suggestions from my shoe supplier. Then, not for issues with shoes, I started to have issues with debilitating minor injuries. i.e., reoccurring tendonitis, etc. Thought I was done for good with everyone telling me maybe too old, can't be doing that forever, yada, yada. Then I thought about the barefoot style or gate I had seen in videos and was beginning to see everywhere. Not that I wanted to run barefoot. It was I noticed the gate was very similar to how I would run when nursing an injury. So, after talking to supplier, he suggested these. After a lot of relearning and more changing my gates the injuries have been negated. Run more now than I have in years. Without injury, and no longer have the haunting feeling I'm going to have to give up running because of age, it was all because of allowing my mechanics to get out of whack. If you are having similar issues and you're thinking of making the transition these are the shoes to move to. You can move up into different models later if you choose. (kayanos and others) but before you do, this is probably the place to start. Personally, this is a reorder of the same show for me. And I fit all my shoes with Spenco insoles HD's or Walker/runners. Either or. These shoes or sole styling makes you think about your gate which helps remind you to watch your mechanics. Just thought I'd put this all out there for anyone else that may have similar issues and is frustrated. I know I was. I found I was compensating bad mechanics I picked up over the years that I never noticed through compensating their effects through higher and higher priced shoes thinking it was cushioning. For me, it was game changing. Hope this helps anyone similar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spoiled by ASICS Men's Gel-Blur33 Running Shoe (the prior model of this shoe), February 17, 2014
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Blur33 2.0 Running Shoe (Shoes)
I gave the original model a full 5 star rating. I only gave this model 4 stars. I keep one pair at home, and the other pair at work. Maybe if I didn't have the direct compare and contrast I would give this model 4 stars. However, for me this model definitely represents a step backwards.

Overall, this is still a solid running shoe.

However, in my opinion it is less breathable, heavier, and less comfortable than its predecessor.