5.0 out of 5 stars Asics Gel Cirrus 33
Published on April 5, 2012 by Joe C

2.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, but!
Very comfortable shoe, great cushioning. But, the netting material on the top of the shoe has started to fail. This is after four months of use. The guard on the top of the shoe should have been deeper so the big toe would not push through the netting, causing it to fail
Published 16 months ago by Robert H. Mack

5.0 out of 5 stars Asics Gel Cirrus 33, April 5, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Cirrus33 Running Shoe (Apparel)
These shoes are amazing! I am 38 years old and i weigh 200 pounds. I run about 30,miles a week. Over the last year my right foot has been giving me problems. Ive tried just about every shoe within the last year. I have had extensive use of the Brooks Glycerin 9, Nike Zoom Vomero 6, Saucony Triumph 8 and 9, and even the Asics Gel Kinsei 4. Bar none, the Asics Gel Cirrus33 is the most amazing shoe. In addition to being a super plush ride, these shoes are surprisingly lightweight. Dont be surprised if you find youself adding distance to your run in these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks All the Boxes, November 25, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Cirrus33 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I am a reasonably big guy; 6' and 100kgs, so I need a pretty soft ride with good support. The Asics Gel Cirrus 33 ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned. There is more Gel in this shoe than any other shoe that Asics make so with this in mind I thought that this could possibly be the most appropriate shoe for my needs. I run between 30k and 40k a week and whilst I've been reasonably happy with the likes of Brooks Beast and Trance, this shoe out performs those shoes in every aspect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need running shoes?, April 23, 2013
I love running and I love asics. I recommend this running shoe for a number of reasons. The shoe has slight arch support which is what I need in a running shoe. If you are not sure which type of arch you are (over pronation, under pronation or normal pronation) I would look online or ask a foot doctor. I am normal pronation so this shoe fit perfectly the first time and feels great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes (excellent comfort, wear, and wear pattern), November 20, 2012
These shoes are perfect for my feet. I trained and completed a marathon in an orange pair of these. They are being replaced soon with a 2nd edition so take advantage of the discounts while you can.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Cushioned Ride, October 8, 2012
I have owned several brands of running shoes and I have been stuck with Asics for a long time. I was a heel striker and I evolved to the mid-foot strike seen on Kenyan marathon runners. I don't want to tell you a big story here but, when I saw these shoes, they looked like what I wanted. I don't believe in this minimalistic hype where people tend to run with almost no protection. Do respect their ways though. I believe that our feet are not made for pavement and I was searching for a cushioned and flexible shoe that can mimic the motion of my feet. I bought these and, after 50 miles, I can say that these shoes, compared with the Excel 33's that I am using right now, feel over-cushioned and somehow heavy. The extra cushion makes you feel "damped" rather than protected. Especially for mid-foot strikers like me, it feels like the extra cushion slows you down. I am using these now as interval training shoes to build speed in short distances and then switch to the lighter and faster Excels when going on long runs and races. Check my review in the Gel Excel 33.

5.0 out of 5 stars Felt my feet were in shackles until I wore Asics!, August 11, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Cirrus33 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I tried all kinds of sports shoes from Adidas to Nike for walking/jogging. I suffer from Over Pronation in my stps, so the max I can shapewalk in the previously mentioned brands was about 3km per session...

BUT in these badboy Asics I felt unstoppable and did 10km in my first session wearing them.

Comfortable! Healthy! Endurance! = Satisfied!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, July 5, 2012
I'll get straight to the point....the Cirruss33 are comfortable shoes. I was looking for a pair of Asics to replace my good 'ol Nimbus running shoes. I saw the Cirruss13 on Amazon and made the purchase. When I received my shoes, it took a couple of days to get use to them... the back of the shoes were very stiff inside and "plastic" outside. You will know what I mean if you choose to buy them. As I mentioned, after a couple of days, the shoes were feeling great and comparable to my favorite Nimbus pairs. The construction is pretty good and padding inside makes you feel as if you are walking on clouds. Other than that plastic feel and look towards the back of the shoes.....I really like the Cirruss13!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Jogging Shoes, October 7, 2013
These may be the best jogging shoes I have owned. I am age sixty and weigh about 192 pounds. Recreational and slow jogging. I do not have any special requirements for the jogging shoes I wear other than good shock absorption to protect my knees. These shoes are well constructed and appear sturdy for the long haul. Plus, bought these as "Like New" in Warehouse Deals, so paid a fraction of retail. A win/win

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for your buck, September 11, 2013
Fell in love with asics after my first pair a year ago. This is my first pair with the gel visible on the forefoot and the heel and have been very pleased after a week. While I don't really use them for running, it is a great shoe to walk in and be in if you are on your feet all day as I am. It's not the lightest pair of asics I've had, mostly due to a heavier/hard plastic type material at the rear of the shoe and stretches along the sides, which contrasts from the super light weight forefront and tongue of the shoe made up of a mesh/nylon material that is virtually weightless. The harder material makes them a little snugger than normal on the sides, so if you have a wide foot like me, it might be best going with a 2E for this particular shoe. I got the shoes mostly for comfort, but was pleasantly surprised with the visual appeal, as they looked better in person than in the picture. All in all, a great shoe, especially for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoes, September 8, 2013
William Galligan (PROVIDENCE, RI, US) - See all my reviews
I stock up on these and the gel nimbus ones. They hold up great whether its a 3 or 10 miles run, they are always comfortable. Thanks to amazon I am able to buy on average at least two pairs for the price of one in my local stores...

ASICS Men's GEL-Cirrus33 Running Shoe