Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 20, 2013
I needed good and inexpensive running shoes so after doing quick research online; ASICS consistently came highly recommended.
I came across these; they looked great and the price was exactly what I was willing to spend. Thus, I took a chance and ordered them. Upon arrival they looked better than the picture and once I put them on my feet....instant love. The sneakers were very comfortable but I wasn't convinced fully; the real test would be running in them. Well, I did...now Im ready for the marathon; they are that great.
I barely felt the sidewalk beneath me. These ASICS are the best running shoes I have EVER owned.
Like them so much I brought a second pair and for the same price I paid for the first one...just a different color. But who cares.....streets here I come again!
on April 5, 2013
I have worn Asics for over 30 years and they used to have consistently reliable foot lasts, regardless of where the shoes were manufactured. Lately, the shoe size seems to vary based on the country of origin. This pair is at least a 1/2 size smaller than my other shoes and while the foot bed is EE, the fabric surrounding the foot is very snug. The shoes are fine without socks, but I will be wary of ordering any more shoes online.
on February 14, 2014
The ad say 'entry level low mileage', but this is my second pair -- I run 40 miles a week on them and they're great. The first pair was an emergency replacement. So after I got them, I worked very hard to pound them into submission as a test. I've put 450 miles on them so far and will continue until I feel a little discomfort, then switch (no, I don't listen to running magazines and shoe-hawkers about mileage, and neither should you). I'm a 50 yr/old 1/2 marathon runner who's never paid more than $50 for a pair of shoes.

These have been a little small -- I have 1/2 sz larger and it's perfect.

Occupy the athletic shoe market!
on January 12, 2014
I have worn ASICS since the early 80's and they are always a comfortable shoe that fit as expected and are a good value for the money spent. They wear well, look great and will continue to be my go to running/exercise shoe.
on September 16, 2014
I have a fat foot, so I rarely find something that really fits. This one does. It's lasted ok but not great. I, however walk 8-10 miles a day at work so my particular needs are extreme. I have used aasics shoes for some time and I will continue to order these. For a normal joe or jane, they would be fine.
on June 25, 2014
This is my fourth pair of ASICS, and I absolutely loved the other three. They're all light, comfortable, and I've never gotten a blister even after long runs in new shoes. But on this pair, the back of each shoe folds down on itself each time I put them on, so I have to struggle to stretch it out above my heel. And after 3 short runs, the rubber soles started peeling off on both shoes. They were pretty cheap, so I guess I shouldn't expect much, but having to throw them away after 3 wears is definitely disappointing!
on August 19, 2014
These are the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on my feet. My feet are a little wide. My shoes usually are either too tight or they "blow out" on the sides. These are more comfortable and they last a long time. I do put jell insoles in all my shoes (these are no exception). But like I stated, these are comfortable and the only shoes made that fit my feet!
on August 7, 2015
Lasted over two years and I ran them hard. Rain, snow, mud and in the black top heat. Plus I used them for working and mowing lawns as a side job. The things I put these shoes though has made me favor Asic as a shoe brand. They are pretty hard to keep clean if you buy the white, but who cares they are for vigorous usage. Thusly, it is my honest opinion that I have no regrets in this purchase.
on May 31, 2014
I waited for a month or so before writing a review on these shoes. They have been great. Really comfortable on my feet. My joints do not ache so much after a run. They are very light. I run about 5 miles every other day, so I am by no means a runner.
on April 14, 2014
The shoe itself is great, but it seems to run a bit on the small side. After trying them on and walking around the house with them, they seemed to fit like a glove with one minor exception on the back of the heel. I thought that this would be just a "break in" issue, but to my dismay, after walking about 20-25 miles in them, I developed a severe blister on that very spot. I've now been relegated to going back to my old shoes as I can' wear these ASICS Men's GEL-Contend Running Shoes again without aggravating the blister again.
My advise is to go a size bigger and maybe you won't have the same problem.
Since I've put wear and tear on them already, I don't think I'll be able to exchange them, so I'm out $50 and looking for a new pair of walking shoes.

See 1 answered question