Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on June 4, 2010
A little about me, I'm a regular runner, cover 5 miles 2 or 3 times a week, 6'2 190 lbs with high arches and narrow feet. I have tried most of the New Balance, Nike, Adidas running shoes atleast once and I must say the very first time I put on these Asics, it was like heaven! I am a mid-foot striker so I like a lot of fore-foot cushioning and most shoes seem to load all the cushioning in the heel, not these Asics. My only con would be that I need one more eyelet to keep the shoe firmly in place for me (very narrow heels). I've had these for a little over a month and have seen no drop off in cushioning or ride. I do have some after market insoles that I always use and swap out every 6 weeks. For bigger guys with high arches, I couldn't think of a better shoe.
on August 3, 2011
I am 6'-6" and 240lbs and run marathons....Its easy for me to flatten a normal cushioning shoe and wear it out fast. I did however get 425 miles out of my current ASICS CUMULUS and the tread is still nice and thick...I will however change them out as I am sure I broke the cushioning out long ago with my fat arse. I only got 300 miles out of the Saucony Hurricanes before wearing down the tread so these are better.

This shoe is a bit 'soft' from what I am used to, but well cushioned. Almost like driving a Cadillac. Because of all the cushioning the shoe feel heavier and wider. However compared to a lot of other shoes I've tried, these seem to do me the best all-around comfort-wise and I like to race in these. For training I do prefer something a bit stiffer cushioning to hold up to the endless weekly mileage like the Saucony Progrid Rides and Glides.

Be aware this is a neutral, cushioning shoe....not for overpronators.

Someone lighter than me might not find it soft, but this review is for the heavies out there.
on December 4, 2011
I bought these for my boyfriend. I have the women's pair. We both love them. My boyfriend's foot strike is somewhere in the middle and he said he's had no aches or pains wearing these. Im a forefoot striker with a history with plantar fascitis. They support my strike and heels very well. Ive run a full marathon and trained in them. They are pretty thick for us so we both wear thin socks with these shoes. No problem during the run and after. Highly recommended
on November 5, 2011
I HAVE OWNED ASICS FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS. THEY KEEP GETTING BETTER. THE SHOE IS A PERFECT FIT FOR MY FEET. THEY ARE LIGHTWEIGHT BUT GIVE PLENTY OF CUSHION AND SUPPORT. AWESOME SHOES. IT IS THEY ONLY SHOE I WILL EVER BUY.
on July 26, 2011
These shoes are like the parents that you wish you'd had. I have owned a pair of these shoes for a year and a half and not a single stitch has come loose, nor has a single crease come unglued; it's all been love and support. After having tried on 5 different shoes, I tried these on and felt immediate and natural comfort. I recently ordered a new pair of the Cumulus 12's. Why change a good thing? In comparison, there is only a mild degradation of integrity between the old and new pair of shoes, which says to me that these shoes are solid. They are perfect for the mild pronator, such as myself. They break in very easily, have a great amount of ventilation, and are very supportive.
on October 14, 2010
I've been buying ASICS for years. Recently I replaced an older Cumulus pair with these and I have to say I don't like them as much. They feel heavy and awkward. Does it have anything to do with the "wide" sole under the heel?
Also, the back upper edge of the shoe is weird- very hard and not comfortable. The cushioning seems focused on the heel. I'm looking for a shoe that cushions the front of the foot- arch forward. Anyone have a suggestion?

That said, it is very comfortable as a walking shoe but it is not comfortable for running. I would never pay this much for a walking shoe.
on May 10, 2012
I tried a bunch of options here before coming to this less expensive(older) model of Asics cushion/neutral shoes. The list included the NB 840, the Asics Nimbus 13 and the Cumulus 13 in various sizes. The Asics all were narrow up front and too low volume for my high arches, but the cushioning is excellent in all of them I tried. The curve front to back works well here with my foot shape due to the arch. The instep volume is just enough in a 4E size of my actual measured length size, eventhough my feet really measure as a D width. The 4E width adds a lot of toe room up front while maintaining a near perfect heel fit for me as well. The NB 840 required moving up a 1/2 size in length but has a similar feel in a D width all around. The heel seats better, and the midfoot is more cradled in these Asics Cumulus 12's. I also tried the Cumulus 13 in a 2E width in my measured length and was generally happy with the same features, except for the lower volume. The heel may have fit even better though. The Nimbus 13 didn't have quite the same fit, being similarly low volume, but tighter in the toes and slightly wider in the heel, requiring lacing to hold my heel properly. My guess is that the Cumulus 13 in a 4E would be my most-favored option, but the price and ordering options weren't as good for a purchase of those at the time. As it stands, these Cumulus 12's were another $10 cheaper. The quality of the mesh and construction seems a little better on the 13's than the 12's, but I've never had any issues with uppers until the EVA midsoles are long gone anyhow, which has typically been around a 6 month time for me, no matter the price of the shoe. EVA simply has a lifespan in term of proper cushioning and any support.

The bottom line for the Cumulus 12 is that front end cushioning of any of the Asics is hard to beat in any other shoe I've ever tried in what amounts to a lot of years and analysis. The fit is great in the wide versions, while maintaining a narrower heel, and the quality is great, especially for the price of the older models. I'd give the other Asics models a 5 star rating based on the quality of the materials and construction and all of the other factors considered here.
on October 1, 2011
My husband bought these because a previous version was most highly rated by Consumers Report. They are what he hoped for. Light in weight, but with ample support. He uses them for daily long walks. They were his main shoe for our month long European trip this past summer. They replaced his many-year-old New Balance, which caused his feet to get sweaty. These, fortunately, ventilate his feet nicely. Because of their cushiness, he can be on pavement for a whole day without his feet and legs getting tired.
on April 11, 2013
Since I got into serious running in preparation for joining the Navy 9 years ago, i've always gone with Asics. Softest feel around, and these are no exception. They aren't the top of the line, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay twice as much to feel like I got the best shoe when these are just great. Love em.
on March 14, 2013
These are the most comfortable running (or any other kind of shoe for that matter) shoe that I have ever owned. This is my second pair and they fit my feet great. I have slightly wide feet and they are good for that. I also have a pretty neutral foot strike and they also have been really good there. My first pair didn't last super long, but I ended up playing a full season of basketball in them (on top of my running) and I think that really beat them up. So, I'm not sure what kind of longevity they have if you are just running in them and not abusing them like it did. They are feel pretty light and it feels like you are running on pillows.