Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 6, 2013
I just started running a couple of months ago and to begin with, I went to a big chain store and found a pair of "running" shoes that felt really good when I tried them on. After about 4 weeks, I started having a lot of knee pain after running. So I went to a running store and got an assessment and measurement done. (if you are just starting out, I would highly recommend you visit a running store and go through the assessment, they will save you a lot of pain and money in the long run) they recommended the Asics Gel Cumulus 15. So I bought them and the 2nd time out with these shoes I set a personnel best and felt absolutely great afterward. When I get done with my run, I have no pain and I actually feel like I could go out and run a second time. The cushioning and support of these shoes are phenomenal and they are fairly lightweight so they don't weigh you down or feel really heavy during or after a run. All in all, this is probably the only shoe I will buy from now on for anything. Fantastic!
on July 29, 2013
I am so pleasantly surprised by these shoes. I previously wore strictly New Balance, but had noticed with my latest pair that my feet were just killing me. So, I decided to try these ASICS based on several internet reviews and websites that said these were great shoes if you had supination (where most of the weight is put on the outside of your feet) and they were right! I'm a 300lb. guy and these have a great amount of support and cushion and not the rigidity of motion balance shoes, which was the issue with my previous pair of New Balance. Do yourself a favor and get a pair of these, especially if you have wide feet. Awesome!
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2015
I'm 68 and i love the fit and comfort of my Asics shoes, the first that truly make my feet feel great. However, Asics needs to address a serious problem with wear on the uppers. I'm on my third pair of Asics and the webbing on my first two pair has worn through within 12-18 months in the same place on each pair (see with my finger coming through in the pic). The area in question needs to be strengthened or just get rid of the webbing there. I can't give Asics shoes better than one star because of this problem, even though it is a great product in my opinion otherwise. I continue to buy them but with the expectation if I wear them I'll have to replace them much too soon than I should have to if this problem was not present.
review image
88 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2013
I run 5 days a week (5-8 miles), and these are fantastic. These shoes are light, well cushioned, and I have not had any knee pain compared to other shoes. I love that the seam on the inside toe portion of the shoe has been taken out also, it feels like a comfortable sock on the top of my foot. I just wish they came in a color other than white. They can get dirty! But that is only my preference. This is yet another quality shoe from asics.
on March 14, 2014
Hugs feet well. I had back and knee surgeries so I needed shoes that can handle the hard pavement. Well cushioned and absorbs pavement shock. It may be too soft for some. These have the most cushioning of any shoe I've ever owned. I usually had shoes in the Nike air family. I also have asics gel racers that are on the opposite end of the cumulus. Great for heel strikers and people with sore joints.
on May 25, 2013
I do a 5 mile run plus treadmill 2 - 3 times a week. I started running 5 years ago and had been running on the Asics GT2130 until recently. No one told me about shoes going dead, and the tread looked fine, so I had no reason to look for a new pair. About a year ago i developed arthritis in the big toe knuckle on both feet, a product of my ballet career, though the running most certainly contributed to it. I thought perhaps a more cushioned shoe would alleviate some of the pain and so found my way to the Cumulus 15. I've actually been quite astonished with the success I've had with them. The pain on most days is minimal, and at its worst has yet to come close to a level that had been preventing me from running.

I also wear an orthotic for flat feet. These accommodate it perfectly. The Gel-Cumulus 15 is very cushiony, very comfortable, and I have no complaints. I really can't imagine being more pleased. One thing I do also feel it important to note. Going from my old shoe to this well cushioned runner did take some time for my knees to get used to. But I think any time you make a substantial change there's always going to be an adjustment period. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This was a pretty big change that worked out great.
on August 23, 2014
Fit is good. Ventilation is fantastic! Very good neutral runner, but unfortunately comes with a fatal flaw that blows the deal: durability.

What has happened to Asics? I ran in my last pair of Nimbus 9 for a minimum of 2 years, and they are still in good shape considering their age. This pair of Cumulus were delivered June 5. Here it is 2 1/2 months later and a piece of the outsole has come off one shoe! And I don't even put many miles on them. 2-3 miles a day is all these shoes have seen in this short time span. And the separation of the outsole is not the only problem. The entire outsole is wearing frighteningly fast. Even if Asics replaces these due to defect, there is no way they will last as long as my previous Nimbus. I understand Cumulus is a step down, but I can't believe that's the only reason for durability loss.

I have no idea where to go from here, as Asics was my "go to" brand that I could always count on for quality and durability. If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them.

I will update this review after I have spoken to Asics about this issue.

UPDATE: Asics replaced the defective shoes with a new pair of Cumulus 16 without debate, so they effectively upgraded me! Kudos to Asics for quality customer service. I am revising my initial review of 1 star, but I'm torn with how to rate the shoes. As far as fit and performance goes they are a solid 5 star product. But for me durability is a significant factor, and they fall short in this important category. Just be aware that the outsole lugs are very thin so you may not get as many miles out of them as you might expect, and you won't be disappointed in the purchase.
on March 8, 2015
I bought these mostly for walking. We were going on a trip to Vegas and I figured I needed some good walking shoes and these worked great. I could walk all day long and my feet felt fine. The looks of the shoe is nice, not to plain but not too colorful. I like the white with the blue accents. As most reviewers have indicated the shoe runs small. I would recommend going up a whole size not a half size. I normally wear a 10.5 and so I ordered an 11. They fit a little snug, I loosened up all the laces and don't tie it tight. My toes are very near the end of the shoe, I think an 11.5 would be perfect.

Pros:
Very comfortable
Easy on the feet
Nice styling
Good support
Price

Cons:
Run a bit small (as long as you're aware of this and order a larger size maybe it's not a negative)
on April 30, 2014
Went to a local running shop and they fitted me with some over-pronating shoes (Brooks Adrenaline GTS). I used those for over two generations of that shoe. On the last pair I started to suspect they fitted me for the wrong shoe. You see, I don't OVERpronate I supinate or UNDERpronate. I was rolling my foot to the outside at times during runs which sucks. The Brooks were good shoes and had good support/cushioning but they were just the wrong type. My first instinct was to just buy another pair of Brooks, ones that were more neutral/underpronating. However, Runner's World had these guys as their pick of the bunch of shoes THEIR fitting program picked. That combined with better reviews on Amazon led me to pick the ASICS. I owned some Gel-Kayano's way back and liked them well enough. I've only been on a few runs but so far I have not rolled my foot. The cushioning is great, and I would agree with the places that have said this shoe almost has a spring-like feel to it when you run. No undo or unexpected wear so far and the weight seems perfectly fine/average. Sprayed them with some water-proofer and even ran in the rain, no issues there. I'd recommend these if you underpronate or supinate.
on April 15, 2014
You only get a reliable sense of how good or bad a shoe is if you run a lot on them and also on some other pairs from other brands. I happen to have run with comparable Saucony Triumph 10 shoes for more than 600 miles and they are superior in weight, breathability and fit, wich translates into performance. I went for the asics cult and while I am not sorry, they are only okay. The built is excelent. You feel this shoe will endure many many miles. But they are heavy. I didn't thought 60 or 70 grams made a diference but they do, not only in weight directly, but also in breathability and even confort. I felt the gel took some time to get soft, but this might be my impression. At the beginning of the runs I always find they make a lot of noise landing, a more "dry" sound (less rubbery or soft than other pairs like adidas or saucony). Sometimes I feel hot spots and I had blisters for the first time in a 25 mile run with rain in cold weather. Of course, i know the Asic brands has a huge variety of shoes and great runners I know run with them and perform very weel, but for me, these are just okay.