5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME SHOES
Published on March 25, 2012 by tsm

3.0 out of 5 stars Charles Grimm
asics Mens Gel- Foundation walking shoes are very comfortable. They releived some foot pain I was having within days. I work standing most of the day, so this means alot to me. The reasons for not giving 5 stars are, they are very hot,and do not breath nad they lack much style. But they are work shoes so who cares?
Published on November 2, 2011 by Charles Grimm

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME SHOES, March 25, 2012
I work on concrete all day for minimum of 10 hours a day. My feet are very picky to new shoes. I've been a fan of Asics running shoes for a while now, and saw they offered walking shoes. Could not find them in any retail store anywhere, so I chanced ordering online. Ordered same size as runners. They fit perfectly. I would give these shoes 100 stars if they went that high. Very comfortable right out of the box, no "break in" period. Literally feels like walking on cushions for your feet. I am going to buy another pair to wear outside of work. If you work on your feet, highly recommend these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best investment I've made, May 23, 2012
Yes, to me, it's more than just a purchase, it's an investment.

I'm 33 and have had some bad knee pain for a few years and tried many different things including seeing a doctor, a chiropractor, using Sketchers Shape-ups (which actually did help a little) and wearing a knee brace.

I read good things about these shoes but couldn't find them anywhere, went to at least 10 different stores looking for them with no luck, so I ordered them on here. Yes there is a difference between their running shoes and their walking shoes, the fit will be the same but the actual design is different, so if you're concerned about the size just try another one of their gel shoes on and see what fits, but if your main use is walking, get these.

Anyway, I take these shoes out for a day at Six Flags Over Texas...not a single pain.

The next day, walked to work (about 2 miles each way) spent 7 hours almost nonstop on my feet...not a single pain.

So far had these for about a week and only once did I have a slight pain, but this is going from having to put an ice pack on my leg every night.

So yes, it's a great investment. My feet and knees feel so much better. If you are considering buying these, the answer is yes!

5.0 out of 5 stars ASICS MEN'S SHOES - INCREDIBLE!, February 17, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Foundation Walking Shoe (Apparel)
I've purchased other expensive work shoes before but were never satisfied. None of the other brands could be worn for long periods of time without causing some amount of discomfort. I bought my first pair of Asics shoes about six months ago and just received my third pair from Amazon. All three pairs are incredibly comfortable! I have 4E feet and used to have a lot of trouble finding comfortable work / athletic shoes that were wide enough for my feet. The first pair was purchased for work and my mistake was that I purchased a lightweight running shoe. They were very comfortable but made of mesh. The mesh did not hold up under working conditions hence, I purchased another pair that did not have any mesh at all. I loved that pair sooo much that I decided to invest in another pair - upgraded. All three pairs of shoes were 4E but the third pair seemed more spacious and has helped me through ten hour shifts of continuous standing and walking at work with no problems at all. I HIGHLY recommend Asics shoes - I'm a very satisfied lifetime customer. Mahalo nui loa - Asics no ka'oi!

3.0 out of 5 stars Charles Grimm, November 2, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking shoes are for walking - great fit and feel!!, July 6, 2013
I have very wide feet (4E). Asics makes some of their shoes in widths. This my 4th or 5th pair and as long as I order the 9-4E size they fit perfectly, right out of the box. They last a LONG time too. If you buy "running shoes", but are not really a runner (like me), I strongly recommend trying the actual walking shoes. They cost a bit less but are much better suited to walking than the running shoes I've always bought. This "blinding flash of the obvious" took me a long time to try, but I'll never go back to a running shoe. Great fit, construction and price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for Jobs that Require a lot of Walking, March 22, 2013
These shoes helps support my joints and back &
has really good cushioning in the sole. Helps me a lot on my job and relieves me of some of the
joint pain. Best pair I have ever gotten for work. Im surprised how light they are but still very sturdy.
Even mentioned these to my coworker and he's going to invest in a pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Walking Shoe, May 10, 2013
Best shoe ever! I give it high marks for fit, comfort, and appearance. You can't go wrong with the purchase of this shoe. I'm glad I made this selection. Much better than my old New Balance or Nike shoes. Be careful to order 1/2 size larger than what you need for a perfect fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoe - athletic or otherwise - I've ever worn., August 15, 2012
Jay E. Hendon (Crowley, CO USA) - See all my reviews
I have never bought shoes online and have never owned any ASIC shoes, but took a chance and am very pleased with the result.

I'm size large: 6' 3", 220 lbs and walk 3 miles/day on a treadmill.

These shoes are very well constructed and the general feeling of support of the ankle area, the mid- foot and arch is better than any shoe I've ever worn - regular or athletic. They feel very solid, supportive and very, very comfortable.

Standing on a tape measure, my foot is exactly 12" from heel to the tip of the large toe; I normally wear a 12 or 12 1/2C, but I ordered size 13. This usually results in a shoe fitting too loosely somewhere on my foot and/or allowing my foot to slip inside the shoe when I come to a stop but even with the extra room in front of my toes the fit is outstanding, with no looseness or sliding in any respect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking shoe I ever owned, September 25, 2013
I used to be a runner (5k, 10k). Now I walk about 1-2 hours a day. I tried every walking shoe on the market. This is the most comfortable, best walking shoe I have ever worn. I am on my 4th pair, and just bought 3 more in case this model is discontinued or changed in the next few years.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware: Sizing is inconsistent with other ASICS shoes (UPDATE 28/02/14), February 19, 2014
I recently purchased a pair of Asics GT-2000 running shoes in size 9.5 (2E). They are a comfortable but a little tight fit in the socks I normally wear, so I figured I'd order the Walkers in a size tad larger to accommodate for thicker socks. The shoes feel great in the foot, but unfortunately in size 10.5 (4E) they are actually both shorter and narrower than the GT-2000s in size 9.5 (2E). They are so much smaller, in fact, that I cannot comfortably wear them despite them being "bigger" than the Asics shoes I normally wear. This inconsistency in sizing is unforgivable and inexcusable, hence the low score. If you manage to get them in the proper size, though, they're an excellent shoe!

UPDATE: After a discussion with an Asics rep, the most likely explanation for the improper sizing appears to be that the shoes were mislabeled at the factory. Therefore there may not be a general sizing inconsistency problem with this model relative to other Asics shoes, but I cannot guarantee 100% that this is the case.

ASICS Men's GEL-Foundation Walking Shoe