ASICS Men's GEL-Kahana 5 Running Shoe,Frost/Black/Limeade,11 M US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
Customers Who Bought This Brand Also Shopped For
ASICS Men's GEL-Kahana 5 Trail Running ShoeFeatures:
- Built for the mild to moderate overpronator who requires a combination of cushioning and enhanced stability.
- A trail-specific running shoe versatile enough for everyday wear.
- Breathable open mesh upper.
- Durable, synthetic overlays provide targeted support.
- Padded tongue and collar for added comfort and performance.
- DuoMax® dual-density midsole is specifically positioned for running to enhance support and stability.
- Rearfoot Gel® cushioning system attenuates impacting shock and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Trusstic System® reduces overall weight of the sole unit, while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- AHAR® (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
- Trail Specific Outsole - Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on varied terrain.
- Weight: 13 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 10.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- ASIN: B0058CECHC
- Item model number: T1E1N.7190-00052-Frost/Blk/Lmade-11 M US
- Date first available at Amazon.com: January 15, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Aesthetics: I purchased the subdued black/charcoal pair, and I really like the simple looks with a little bit of silver thrown in for flair. The have the classic Asics design on both sides, though the inside and outside have a different look to give it some variance, which is cool if you like that kind of thing.
Fit and Feel: These shoes have a nice wide toe-box which is great for those with wider feet (doesn't really apply to me, but the extra room is nice.) The fit is really nice, pretty standard for a running shoe in my experiences. What I really love about these shoes is the cushioning. I tried on just about every pair of Asics I could find, as well as a few select pairs from other brands as well. The Kahana's by far offered the softest cushioning of any shoe. Both the heel and forefoot have a wonderfully soft and cradling feel with each step. While others I'm sure wouldn't like that and prefer more stability, it's perfect for me being on my feet all day.
Price point: These shoes are a great value in my opinion. In comparison to many shoes that were equal in price, and many that were also significantly more expensive, these were still the most comfortable shoes I tried on. While they might not offer all the supposed bells and whistles others may claim, the proof for me was in the footsteps, and these offered me the best of what I was looking for.
Summary: If you're looking for super soft cushioning and amazing comfort, these shoes are definitely worth taking a look at. The comfort to price point ratio is very favorable. I'd highly recommend these shoes.
I read some reviews that they fall apart quickly, wear down etc. Some of it is true, but for the past 4 years of running in this shoe, I have consistently obtained 6 months of 20+ miles a week out of each pair. I actually buy two pairs at a time and rotate them, giving me about a year. Other running shoes cost about $120+ per pair. I get two pairs for that with the Kahana and get twice the mileage out of it. After a year, however, my Kahanas are worn down to the nubs on the bottom, but I have never had the fabric or any other part of the shoe fail. I run on trails as well, which beats the shoes up pretty good -- still, I have yet to have a pair fall apart and I have been through 10-12 pairs.
This shoe is not like the GT 2160 or 2170s that ASICS has. Those are true stability shoes and so their ride is much stiffer (I tried a pair and they gave me knee/ankle problems). Again, the Gel-Kahana is a mix between the stability and cushioning. Highly recommended.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Been wearing Asics for decades and these are great shoes as usual.
Comfortable and long wearing.
Great shoes; very tight, more than expected. No other complaints.Published 2 months ago by S. Salem
I'm a fan of this particular Asics model and have bought it (whatever the new Gel Kahana one is) over and over again when my current pair needs replacement. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Lady Barkalot
great shoes my 3rd pair always soft comfortable shoes but soles just dont last long, 1 year wear shoesPublished 11 months ago by christian hinkle
The most uncomfortable hiking shoes I've used. Huge blisters on my heels even after putting several miles on them. Read morePublished 12 months ago by LittleJoe