|Fits as expected||
ASICS Men's GEL-Kayano 18 Running Shoe
|Price:||$149.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Rubber sole
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.®) ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Guidance Line Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Biomorphic Fit ® Upper Stretch material strategically placed on the upper helps to reduce buckling and the potential for irritation.
- Heel Clutching System Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Dynamic DuoMax® This evolution of the DuoMax® System enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform comfort.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Gel-Kayano 18 by Asics is your go to everyday athletic running shoe. This shoe has been updated and engineered to improve stability, comfort and fit. The shoe features a synthetic fabric and leather upper that provides you with glove like fit, asymmetrical lace up front, ComforDry sock liner for a drier healthier environment, rubber outsole, and the Asics Gel Cushioning System that will absorb shock and help protect from harmful forces while running.
Lace up a perfect jog in the ASICS Kayano. This lightweight favorite features enhanced stability and a breathable mesh upper with Biomorphic Fit technology to keep you cool and reduce irritation as you go. Generous padding at the ankle offers extra cush, while a super-grippy sole lends traction you can trust in ASICS.See all Product Description
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0058C6NAQ
- Item model number: GEL-KAYANO 18-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 4, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I would like to add that the Supernova Glide and the Kayano are technically very different shoes. The Supernova Glide is in the "cushion" category for runners who are underpronators but the Kayano is in the "stability" category for overpronators. I am a neutral runner and have no problems running in any of them. The Kayano simply absorb more shocks and are lighter.
Update: I have recently purchased a pair of ASICS Nimbus 13. I use the Nimbus for recovery run. The difference between them is very obvious. The Kayano 18 gives more support at the midsole. This is because of the Duomax material (the gray part of the midsole under the arch) which is more stiff than the white softer midsole material. I feel more comfortable in the Kayano 18 especially when walking. I like the midsole support. I also run faster in the Kayano. The Nimbus, which is mainly for underpronators, does not have the Duomax support since the more stiff midsole may promote even more underpronation.Read more ›
I have a very rare case of flat feet. By college, it hurt so much to walk I ended up getting orthodics. And those didn't work, I ended up getting surgery.
That worked pretty well. But recently, I started doing Tae Bo - my lifestyle became sedentry and I was losing energy. It involves lots of jumping around back and forth, fast stepping motions, and constant pivoting. Due to how arced out my bad foot was, there was virtually a 3 second delay whenever I needed to shift weight to my other leg to step, which was constantly. After doing some research, I tried a few exercises, things of that nature, and took some random internet adivce to try ASICS. I just so happened to close to their outlet in Manhattan one day, and decided to stop by. It did feel quite a bit lighter than my old shoes, so I figured I'd try them out.
The results were 1,000 times what I expected. I tried them on and I could actually keep up with the video every single step. When I looked at my shoes after the workout, I noticed the right one was a different shape. Somehow, I have no clue how it works, the shoe actually leaned inward as far as my foot naturally leaned outward, thus correcting my standing posture completely.
When I first started the video, I thought they were superhuman. I thought I would NEVER be able to keep up, even if I did get in shape. But now? I can do anything. It feels amazing.
If you have EVER had problems with your feet, had to use insoles, have flat feet, or can't shift your weight very fast for whatever reason, BUY THESE SHOES.
They are not the lightest shoes for racing, but I would rather run with a couple extra ounces and be pain free.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great running shoe. I've been running in mine much longer than I probably should have and still love them. Read morePublished 2 months ago by sjd
Will buy newer one as I am so pleased with these. The new ones only can be better.Published 5 months ago by AP
One of the best shoes I have ever worn and I have worn a lot as a 5k to Marathon runner for many years.Published 7 months ago by Arless
I have a slightly wide foot with a higher arch and it's hard to find a shoe sold in stores that is stocked in a wider width. Read morePublished 7 months ago by West J. De Young
Although I have read that ASICS had changed the design and construction of the Gel Aayano, this shoe continues to be the best fitting, most comfortable and long lasting shoe of... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Russell J. Van Allen