5.0 out of 5 stars I Love These Shoes
Published 10 months ago by Patrick J. Toohey

3.0 out of 5 stars Better and worse than 19's
Published 5 months ago by Me

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love These Shoes, October 9, 2013
I'm a 57 yr old rookie runner. I started running in July 2013 and average 11-12 minutes a mile on asphalt. I'm 6'1" and weigh 205 so I knew I needed shoes with support and padding. These shoes were delivered last night and I took them on a break-in run this morning. I discovered that no break-in was required. I went 6 miles and felt like I was running on air. No foot pain, no ankle or knee pain... My legs and feet feel great. I can't speak for anyone else, but this shoe was made for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better and worse than 19's, March 11, 2014
I have had many pairs of the Kayano 19's, still have a few brand new. I compared the 20 to the 19 with both shoes being fresh out of the box. My experience is that the 20 feels slightly sturdier and the front of the shoe now feels level with the heal of the shoe. More like the sole of the shoe maintains its thickness throughout the shoe.The 19's have a slight rake down from heel to toe, making the ball of the foot area feel low and thin.

The drawback is the front half of the shoe is smaller on the 20's. So much smaller that they are a no go for me in my usual size, 13-4E. I wore them for a few weeks and they continually hurt my feet being so small. I will try a 13.5 4E if available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speciality Shoe Store Employee Recommended..., January 8, 2014
This shoe was recommended by an Employee at a Shoe store, after hearing about my knee problems ( Patella femoral ) . The best part about it was this was not a "generic sales pitch" since he did not have the shoes at store .So ordered online and am very happy with it. They are very comfortable and looks good as well. I am not a marathon runner ,but go to gym to do some moderate cardio and weights few days a week. This shoe is not going to cure my knee pains but certainly so far has not aggravated it (which my earlier shoe was doing).

My previous shoes was Brooks Men's Adrenaline GTS 11 Running Shoe which was good,but certainly not as good as this one.

MY SUGGESTION : If you are not in a hurry, prior model shoes of the same type ( ASICS Men's GEL-Kayano 19 Running Shoe in this case) goes on sale beginning black friday until new year. You are talking of a price break of fifty dollars or even more . Reminder of the year, the sale are superficial. When in doubt on the fit , go with wide shoes ( E or EE). You can always tighten it with laces if needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 and 5 because, January 10, 2014
Shoe was great in terms of running comfort but within two weeks, the inside of the heels started ripping up. The fabric they used for the heels is really light and does not hold up. I had to return the ones from amazon, then purchased a pair from foot locker and had the same fabric issue with them. Foot locker gave me another pair but I am waiting to see how long the new pair will last. It sucks because I really like the Asics shoes and have been preferring them over Nike or Adidas pairs for comfort and stability reasons, however Asics has to really fix this defect/lack of quality with the heel fabric asap!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product., April 13, 2013
This is a great product at a great price. I looked everywhere and this was one of the best dealers. Would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the last 3 versions!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!, February 21, 2014
I was first introduced to ASICS with the Kayano 18s. I had just switched from Nike and WOW what a difference it made to my running. I over pronate slightly and Nike pegasus is excellent for neutral runners....excellent cushioning btw. I ran in the 18s for a good two months and then for some reason I tried the 19s and WOAH!!, it felt so good and LIGHT. But the 19s lacked the fore foot cushioning. And then I tried the 20s. Initially they felt a little weird because I am guessing they are build a little difference from the previous Karyanos but boy do they have a perfect balance of everything or what.

So here is the breakdown:
Kayano 18: Excellent cushion and support, but heavy shoe. If weight is not a problem then that is a great shoe.
Kayano 19: Feather light. Good support. great toe room. the shoe just hugs your feet like glove. Less gel/cushion.

Noticed this running on the treadmill for 2 weeks now in Kayano 20 : (Too cold in Chicago still :-(....)
1. Excellent cushion all over
2. Good toe room and cushion
3. Has a bounce to the ride.
4. I can easily run 4-5 miles and yet my feet don't feel a thing.

I will post an update as I will be soon running in India and it will be mostly on the pavement. I am so going to take advantage of the warmer climate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Running Shoe to Date, February 8, 2014
Asics hit an absolute Home Run with this latest addition of the Kayano. Typically most manufacturers consider a 'Heavy Runner' as a person over 180 pounds. As a close to 200 pound guy at 5'11 I find these shoes to be walking on clouds, tremendous stability, and ultra light weight. They are like a triple threat. How can you go wrong?! We will see how durable they are. Asics seamlessly integrates their Fluidride technology into the 20's and the fit feels like the whole foot is connected more as one as past versions you could feel a definite split between the toe and heel. Almost like Asics had designed the toe and heel completely independently. The feel here on this model is a most welcome change.
I typically take very good care of equipment and can squeeze a few more months out of than what is expected. I tried the Nimbus and especially for a heavier runner there is no comparison. I highly recommend looking at the Kayano 20. Cool Color variations as well. Very well deserved 5 star product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marathon approved, November 4, 2013
The shoes performed very well for a marathion I ran, good shoes, no major pain or discomfort in normal running.

4.0 out of 5 stars small shoe, May 18, 2014
Read the reviews and ordered 1/2 size larger, fits well! Shoe is comforatable, only
wish they made the shoe is some standard colors (white)?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoes I've ever owned!, July 13, 2014
These are my second pair of Gel-Kayano 20 Asics and I absolutely love them. I do triathlons and they have been the best shoes I've ever owned.

ASICS Men's GEL-Kayano 20 Running Shoe