Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASICS Men's Gel Kayano 20 Running Shoe
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 29, 2014
By far the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I got these for both everyday use and running. It is not an exaggeration to say it feels like walking on clouds. Does take a couple of days to break in but not a big deal. Size was as advertised, didn't need to go + 0.5.
review image review image
on October 9, 2013
I'm a 57 yr old rookie runner. I started running in July 2013 and average 11-12 minutes a mile on asphalt. I'm 6'1" and weigh 205 so I knew I needed shoes with support and padding. These shoes were delivered last night and I took them on a break-in run this morning. I discovered that no break-in was required. I went 6 miles and felt like I was running on air. No foot pain, no ankle or knee pain... My legs and feet feel great. I can't speak for anyone else, but this shoe was made for me.
77 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2014
I was first introduced to ASICS with the Kayano 18s. I had just switched from Nike and WOW what a difference it made to my running. I over pronate slightly and Nike pegasus is excellent for neutral runners....excellent cushioning btw. I ran in the 18s for a good two months and then for some reason I tried the 19s and WOAH!!, it felt so good and LIGHT. But the 19s lacked the fore foot cushioning. And then I tried the 20s. Initially they felt a little weird because I am guessing they are build a little difference from the previous Karyanos but boy do they have a perfect balance of everything or what.

So here is the breakdown:
Kayano 18: Excellent cushion and support, but heavy shoe. If weight is not a problem then that is a great shoe.
Kayano 19: Feather light. Good support. great toe room. the shoe just hugs your feet like glove. Less gel/cushion.

Noticed this running on the treadmill for 2 weeks now in Kayano 20 : (Too cold in Chicago still :-(....)
1. Excellent cushion all over
2. Good toe room and cushion
3. Has a bounce to the ride.
4. I can easily run 4-5 miles and yet my feet don't feel a thing.

I will post an update as I will be soon running in India and it will be mostly on the pavement. I am so going to take advantage of the warmer climate.
This shoe was recommended by an Employee at a Shoe store, after hearing about my knee problems ( Patella femoral ) . The best part about it was this was not a "generic sales pitch" since he did not have the shoes at store .So ordered online and am very happy with it. They are very comfortable and looks good as well. I am not a marathon runner ,but go to gym to do some moderate cardio and weights few days a week. This shoe is not going to cure my knee pains but certainly so far has not aggravated it (which my earlier shoe was doing).

My previous shoes was Brooks Men's Adrenaline GTS 11 Running Shoe which was good,but certainly not as good as this one.

MY SUGGESTION : If you are not in a hurry, prior model shoes of the same type ( ASICS Men's GEL-Kayano 19 Running Shoe in this case) goes on sale beginning black friday until new year. You are talking of a price break of fifty dollars or even more . Reminder of the year, the sale are superficial. When in doubt on the fit , go with wide shoes ( E or EE). You can always tighten it with laces if needed.
on May 18, 2015
Like all the ASICS shoes I have bought before, they are top of the line, the fabric in the front toe area tears away through the cheap mesh!!! These are three months old five days a week only on a treadmill! I want a replacement for this purchase size 11 1/2"!!! R.K.
review image
on September 3, 2014
I am on my feet a lot and always moving throughout my day. This is my first pair of ASICS ever and I am very glad that I bought them. I have been a loyal Nike customers for as long as I can remember, but their level of quality has really started to disappoint me with my last few pairs. My most recent pair began to fall apart less than a month after I purchased them and started to squeak with every step I took. I decided that I needed to shop around and talk to my friends about their opinions on shoes. I was surprised to find that everyone I talked to recommended something from ASICS. After a little research I decided to try these shoes out even though they were a little bit more expensive than what I was used to. After trying them on I could immediately tell the difference in comfort and support these shoes offered. My feet no longer ache after being at work all day and I couldn't be happier. Thanks to everyone who reviewed these shoes in the past to help me decide on these and to everyone at ASICS for understanding the importance of a quality product.
on January 10, 2014
Shoe was great in terms of running comfort but within two weeks, the inside of the heels started ripping up. The fabric they used for the heels is really light and does not hold up. I had to return the ones from amazon, then purchased a pair from foot locker and had the same fabric issue with them. Foot locker gave me another pair but I am waiting to see how long the new pair will last. It sucks because I really like the Asics shoes and have been preferring them over Nike or Adidas pairs for comfort and stability reasons, however Asics has to really fix this defect/lack of quality with the heel fabric asap!
1111 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2014
I have had many pairs of the Kayano 19's, still have a few brand new. I compared the 20 to the 19 with both shoes being fresh out of the box. My experience is that the 20 feels slightly sturdier and the front of the shoe now feels level with the heal of the shoe. More like the sole of the shoe maintains its thickness throughout the shoe.The 19's have a slight rake down from heel to toe, making the ball of the foot area feel low and thin.

The drawback is the front half of the shoe is smaller on the 20's. So much smaller that they are a no go for me in my usual size, 13-4E. I wore them for a few weeks and they continually hurt my feet being so small. I will try a 13.5 4E if available.
55 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2015
I have mixed emotions about this shoe. I have used Kayanos for many years. Since I started to use this model, I've had foot trouble...coincidence? I don't know.

The fit seems just a bit tighter than before and the shoe not be quite as forgiving (I think)...it rides a bit harder. It is difficult to tell what is me and what is the shoe. I use size 4Es and am pretty heavy for a runner, and have fat old feet, so I may be 'the problem' now. Many miles have gone on the earlier shoes by both me and others..but I can only report my experience as it is. I never liked running in them, but thought they'd get better as others have done...they didn't (for me).

They also wear quickly for the price...but I guess many shoes do that. I have a lot of great looking shoes for TV watching and general use....OTOH, they are stylish and go well with black jeans. Pretty pricey casual wear at a couple pare a year.

I even bought a few pair but it never got better. I now have stopped running for the winter and walk on treadmill, hoping my foot will get better.
on January 24, 2015
I've been a converted Kayano user for the past 2 years. I've started with the Asics GT 21xx series (and really loved those models) and recently tried the Kayanos after not being happy with the latest iteration of the GT series. These Kayano 20s are a definite improvement from the previous model. Plenty of support for my flat feet as well as comfort cushioning. No break-in period required; I've done a 4, 9, 5 and 18 mile runs on the first week that I got them. Love these shoes!
review image