Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

on March 11, 2014
These are really good shoes, the fit is great and they are really comfortable. I have owned many pairs of Asics shoes in the past, and they have all held up really good, and have been amazing shoes. However, this pair tore after only 31 days of use (on the top part of the shoe just next to the laces), and that is unacceptable for the amount of money I paid for these. If Asics is going to continue making products this bad, then they have forever lost my business. For now I'm trying to see if they will exchange them, or offer some kind of warranty, as this is unacceptable

Asics got back to me and they do have a warranty, but you have to cover the cost of shipping, and they don't guarantee what color of shoe you will receive
review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2014
I bought a pair of Gel-Kinsei 5 shoes about 6 months ago. Yesterday I noticed that there were holes in the top of each toe area and the whole toe top area is falling apart. I do not run or play sports in these, just use daily and take about 30 minute walks each day. The soles have plenty of life and there is no noticeable wear anywhere else.... but these shoes are basically dead now. I love the soft feel because I have some cervical disk problems and need a superior shock absorbing shoe, but the the wear life of these is terrible and I will not buy another pair. I've had other Azics before and never had this kind of problem. The wear appears to be caused simply by the movement of my big toe back and forth a little when I walk. When I went to buy another pair of shoes today and looked at the various brands I noticed the problem seems to be that Asics starts the fabric part of the shoe on the toe lower and earlier than other brands like New Balance and allows the normal push of the toe against the front to contact the cloth area while others ensure you only contact the reinforced toe parts. I did not buy another pair of Asics.
on November 6, 2014
after a month the shoes was ripped infront.
i hope some one will replace it.
it was so expensive
review image
on June 4, 2014
I have worn these shoes now for three months and the top of the shoes are already tearing. I would not recommend these shoe to anyone
on December 13, 2013
I’ve bought these running shoes at the end of October. Since that, I’ve used them for not yet 10 times and they are tear up in the top front, near the big toe. I’m very disappointed about it because this is not my first Asics, but this the first time I cannot use them well.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2015
These were awesome in the way they fit and the comfort was outstanding but after wearing them a few times the mesh in the toe box has torn ON BOTH SHOES. I didn't even run in these! I just wore them on weekends and after work. I can't believe such an expensive shoe could be so CHEAP! I am so disappointed in these ASICS!. I have had many pairs in the past and have never had an issue. DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THESE!

Amazon took care of this issue for me. They are an outstanding company to work with!!!!
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2014
My shoe in use for about a month, all the front of the shoes began to tear!
I run them only in the gym, do not play basketball with them or any other activity.
Before I bought them I saw some people which also happened exactly the same, exactly the same way the shoe was torn external front, unfortunately I thought it could happen to me because I just ran with them in the gym on the track, it turns out that the shoe is worse!
review image review image review image review image
on August 14, 2013
I've gone through all the Kinsei models, went through 4 pairs of Kinsei 4's, and while not great to look at, I loved the performance. I'm 38 and still play basketball and these Kinsei shoes are the only thing that lets me play without knee / back pain. So I upgraded to the 5's and liked the look, but they are a bit narrower and there isnt as much sole/rubber on these as previous models. It seems they tried to make them lighter and sleeker maybe?? The 4s had more 'beef' to them. Took them for runs and immediately noticed a difference in performance for MY feet. My foot seemed to 'slide' a bit side to side (the shoe was snug at the toe, so it wasnt too big) and I had some pain develop quickly under the metatarsal heads (the bumps on the bottom of your foot at the base of where your toes start), then my knees started to hurt, started having some pretty bad back spasms. Tried 3 different times to 'break' them in, walk/run, jog, etc. Didnt matter. Went back to the 4's, which my 'newest' pair was still pretty beat up, and it felt 10x better. They just have more support. Now I'm 6'1 200 lbs so for someone lighter and with a little more arch in their foot (Im flat footed and invert a bit when running) these 5's may work great, but these are not the 'same' as the previous models, they seemed to diverge on this model more than they did from say, the 3's to the 4's.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2014
This shoes is very comfortable, probably the most that I've ever had. However, it starts to rip between sole and toes. Do not by it. Wait for the 6th. Or go to the 4th
on October 23, 2013
I've never spent over $100 for shoes. Not even over $50. I always used to think that all shoes are the same no matter how good of a quality or how bad of a quality shoes may have. Since I have started running couple months ago on a regular basis, I started to realize that I might need more comfortable shoes and just better shoes that might absorb the shock every time I land my feet on the ground. After all, I wanted to get all the benefits of running except the sore feet that running would leave me. So I've searched all over the internet trying to find which running shoes might best suit my needs and came across these. I was contemplating whether to get Kinsei 4 or Kinsei 5, especially due to the fact Kinsei 5 is very new to the market, so it didn't have as many feedbacks as opposed to Kinsei 4, so I wasn't sure if I should risk it at all. Oh well. I've decided to give it a try. When I tried these on, they were very light. When I started running, I hardly felt any impact on the ground, which was just what I wanted. Well. I am really satisfied with them right now. Don't get me wrong. I am not a big shoes fan of Asics. I didn't even know this brand existed until I came across this pair of Kinsei 5. While searching for the running shoes, I've went to the Nike store, and I've tried on every single model they had on the shelf, and I hated them cuz they weren't just comfortable no matter how pricey they were. Anyways, I'm glad I bought these. Running is the cheapest sports you can ever do, so at least invest in the shoes to protect your feet. =)

See 1 answered question