5.0 out of 5 stars Treading Upon a Great Yellow and Black Marshmallow
Finding an adequately-cushioned running shoe is Nirvana for those of us pudgy dudes in the over fifty set. However, after having read some testimonials, and now in light of my own personal experience, I realize there can be too much of a good thing. I'm having a hard time believing I'm actually complaining about this.
In spite of any knee/ankle/leg pain you might...
Published on October 4, 2012 by D. Cash

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price
I have worn ASICS GEL-Kahana 6 shoes for a while now and like them a lot, but I though maybe it was time for me to step up to a top-of-the-line shoe. I expected them to be lighter and more comfortable, with better support, stability, durability, and/or cushioning. I found none of these expectations to be true. They weigh the same, are slightly stiffer due to the...
Published 19 months ago by Bob N.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Treading Upon a Great Yellow and Black Marshmallow, October 4, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 14 L.E. Running Shoe (Apparel)
In spite of any knee/ankle/leg pain you might have experienced previously (moi), you'll probably find you can run a bit longer in these shoes. However, if you attempt to accelerate to an appreciable speed, you'll feel yourself fighting against the very aspect of these shoes which made them so desirable in the first place...the cushioning! A marked waste of energy, that.
I kid you not, as I ran in these for the first time today, it was easy to relate the experience to running across the top of a gigantic marshmallow. I-COULD-NOT-ACCELERATE-MY-PACE! Or not by much, anyway. It was the strangest feeling. I also believe that if you have a smaller foot as I do (8.5-9), you'll find this particularly difficult. Though in defense of Asics, how could they have anticipated that a mythological creature with 8.5 to size 9 hooves rather than feet would attempt to run in their shoes?
However, I am well aware of the lingering pain derived a few days ago from running on asphalt in a pair of Nike Air Pegasus 29 trail shoes. Definitely not meant for hard surfaces (Thanks for trying to warn me, Trak Shak). But I do not expect that this pain has been exacerbated by running in the Asics gel Nimbus 14s today. Time will tell.
Just don't expect to break any track records in the gel Asics, but by all means, do expect a lessening of the painful fallout from running on hard surfaces. The Great Marshmallow is stubborn, true, but kind.
They do what they're supposed to do...a rarity among consumer products these days. So a big five stars, baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars My shoes forever., May 16, 2013
I am an over 50 runner but I still run my favorite distance at least 4 times a week ...5 miles. I have been using Asics Nimbus since 2003 and I have never changed. I tried out of curiosity but everytime I run with somehing different either my calf, my ankle or my knee were in pain and I had to go back to Nimbus. I may agree if you say I am not a speed runner but for those people who run for the pleasure of it .... Nimbus is the shoes that helps to keep running at any age. I love these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asics are the only shoe for me., May 8, 2013
I have worn many of the common brands of running shoes in the past. I have not found a shoe which can compete with Asic gel comfort. I have worn the Asic brand for at least 8 years and will continue to wear them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The difference between a cheap running shoe and a good one..., July 18, 2013
Michael "chimaerax" (GULFPORT, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
Is huge! I had no idea that all of the pain in my legs when I ran were because of my shoes. I had been using a pair of nike's I got a discount shoe store to start doing the couch to 5k program. Once I got to the point where I was actually putting together some decent distance runs on the program I started noticing my legs would hurt, joint strain, etc... I finally broke down and got one of those high end shoes because my brother recommended it. What a difference. It didn't make me a 6:00 minute miler or anything but I can do 4-5 miles and experience no pain in my legs when I do it. Would buy again and will recommend to all aspiring runners to invest in the good pair of shoes if you want to seriously give running a shot.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, So good..., June 26, 2013
A. Wilford (Wooster, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This shoe has been great so far. I'm a 45 year old that just got into running in the last few years. I can run on the road with these shoes with minimal body aches the next day. These shoes take the "shock" out of running. Satisfied with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have shoe for runners, April 17, 2013
Beautiful colors and a confortable shoe. Great deal, arrived in the time expected. Very confortable, very light. Fit just as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the better shoes, February 15, 2013
I have always loves the Nimbus line when I first tried them back at Nimbus 11. Since then I am still happily spending the money on all new iterations of the Nimbus shoe. I run around 30-45 mpw in training season and these shoes are great. They feel lighter and are really breathable. I have always managed to get around a full years worth of wear in tear in the Nimbus shoes and I'm sure this one will be no different! If you are looking for a great shoe that can do the miles then buy this shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars They really overcame themselves, January 31, 2013
I am a Nimbus runner! Ive been using those shoes for more than seven years... This one is their best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Running with the clouds, June 28, 2014
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 14 L.E. Running Shoe (Apparel)
I favor low- to zero-gradient running shoes, but these leave my feet more vulnerable to road debris and don't compress the foot enough on longer runs. ASICS' Gel has always been durable, sturdy and up to the task.

PROS
Superb tread and upper durability.
Excellent overall protection.
Exceptional balance of cushioning and rigidity.
Cool pearlescent yellow on the Limited Edition (LE).

CONS
Peculiar color combo on the LE version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 21, 2014
Excellent shoes, I'm running about five km a day and have a serious knee issue and these seems to allow me to run again

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›