1,075 Reviews

Published 18 months ago by robert

1.0 out of 5 stars Why?
Published 9 months ago by Greg Young

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have run in Asics Gel Nimbus, and like them, you will love these, June 25, 2013
robert (dublin, OH, US) - See all my reviews
For big frame, high arch runners I cannot imagine a better cushioned shoe. I am 6' 190. I have had consecutive multiple generations of these shoes back to GEN I-don't-know-what ( I think 3). Ultimate cushion, large toe box, great flex. Every pair has been race ready out of the box. I am 51 and have run multiple or at least one duathlon, 1/2 or whole marathon every year for the last 12 years ( year of my first gel nimbus). There has always seemed to be a color combination that looks nice too. I run with orthotics an the there is ample space to insert your own foot bed unlike higher models for pronaters. I was a New Balance guy for since high school (many moons ago) until I had my first pair of these. I am just glad to see that Acics has not over-engineered the model away from its original awesomeness. Great job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe for a high arched runner., July 25, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 15 Running Shoe (Shoes)
I'm a solid guy in my 40's who's generally athletic - but I have high arches, a wide forefoot, and wear a small sized running shoe. I am not one of those effortless, injury-free runners. I land on the outside of my foot as I run and my feet and lower legs take a beating as I pick up speed and mileage. So my running career has often been a start and stop affair. I've purchased New Balance running shoes for the last few years, particularly since they routinely offer more width options. These were okay, but as I started back into running this spring I was looking for another option. (I had followed the recommendations at our local go-to running store, but I think they default to New Balance for wide feet.) After a good amount of research I bought the Nimbus 15 through Amazon and it has been the best running shoe I've ever worn - by far. I'd never run in Asics before although I've tried many other brands in the past: Nike, NB, Saucony, Brooks, Adidas... The difference for me was immediate and striking. For underpronators (supinators) with high arches the cushioning in this shoe is ideal, yet responsive.

I ordered my normal size in 4E, largest width. Surprisingly, the shoes felt a little loose, so I ordered another pair a half size smaller with the same width. I ended up keeping both pairs and use the smaller size only for running and the half size larger pair for more casual activities.

I guess the price for the Nimbus could be considered steep, but if I can get in a few more runs each month without pain then it is easily worth it for me. My only complaint would be that Asics only offers one of the Nimbus color schemes in the wider options. I even ordered last year's model, the Nimbus 14, as an alternative style, but those shoes don't have the same outside forefoot cushioning for road running.

>> UPDATE at 300 miles of wear. These shoes have held up great after 3 months of regular running on roads, treadmills, and trails. I just finished a Tough Mudder run in Tahoe with a dozen miles of running over rocks, trails, obstacles, mud, and dirt and had no problems at all. These shoes have been great on the roads when running fast intervals or long slow distances. The Nimbus 15 has been the perfect running shoe for me and I hope Asics doesn't mess it up next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great update to the Nimbus, September 2, 2013
This is the second edition of the Nimbus that I've worn. A larger runner (6'0", 240#), I was a long-time Saucony wearer, switching to the Nimbus 14 last year. I had to replace my Saucony shoes every 6-8 months, but am still running in the Nimbus 14s I bought 13 months ago. When I found the new Nimbus 15 I read the reviews and upgraded and am very pleased I did. These are very roomy in the toe box, and have great cushion even for a larger runner like myself. The first time I took them out for 7 miles and the second for 9 miles. Both runs were very comfortable from beginning to end. I did not have hot spots or blisters anywhere on my feet, and my knees felt great. I enjoy running in the Nimbus line, they truly feel like I'm running on a cushion. I finish my longer runs without the feet and knee pains that I've experienced in the past. This is listed as a neutral cushion shoe, and I would update it to say that it's suitable for larger runners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asics Gel-Nimbus 15's Deliver The Goods., July 18, 2013
robert mills (millburn, new jersey United States) - See all my reviews
I have been a fan of Gel Nimbus, purchasing the 12 and 13's. I did not ever wear the 14's. I love the Gel-Nimbus 15 . I am a heavier runner, who wears orthotis and these shoes do not disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe for high arches, May 15, 2013
I have extremely high arches and suffer from planter fasciitis. The ASICS Gel-Nimbus is the only shoe I have worn that has just the right amount of cushion and support that doesn't aggravate the symptoms. Very comfortable!!! If they could just get a handle on the color options. My last pair was the 12. Took 3 models for a descent color combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 15 Running Shoe, September 8, 2013
ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 15 Running Shoe are great for the work I do. I work in a assemble plant and these shoe's are great for being on your feet all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Like Them!, June 9, 2013
Used to buy the Gel Cumulus - tried the Nimbus for the first time and love them! Run about 20-25 km a week - will buy these again!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOMENESS, July 6, 2013
Incredible shoe , running 25 -30 miles a week best shoe ever built.....very pleased best shoe for running roads shin splints are history

1.0 out of 5 stars Why?, March 17, 2014
Been running the Asics Nimbus series for years. Last shoe was the 13. Skipped the 14 because the cushioning was too hard - The 15 is a total redesign using new material for the uppers as well as other parts of the shoe. The result is a much wider and sloppier fit. For example, the eyelets are 1" wider than the previous model which makes the shoe bunch up when laced. Also, the new material for the uppers making it impossible to have a snug fit. The shoe is so sloppy it has irritated my Achilles. IMHO, Asics has taken a great shoe and has made it un-run-able.

2.0 out of 5 stars Asics must have changed their sizing chart, April 28, 2014
I've owned three pair of Nimbus-13's and one pair of 14's. It's a great neutral running show. This is my first pair of 15's and they feel a half size to big. Because I have wide feet it is extremely difficult to find Asics in wide sizes so trying on shoes in the big box stores doesn't happen.

ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 15 Running Shoe