5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet
I walk three miles a day on an asphalt bike path. I have always worn New Balance shoes, but my feet were always burning when I neared the end of my walk. I decided that I needed more cushioning and decided to try these ASICS because of the gel cushioning. My feet are loving these ASICS. I have had them for about 1 month and they are the best shoes I have ever worn.
Published 7 months ago by Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems to wear out much faster than earlier versions
The shoe fits and feels great, as have the prior few versions.
BUT, it seems like this version of the shoe wears out much faster. I went through a few pair much quicker than I have other versions.
Published 4 months ago by Douglas

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet, July 15, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Asics hits another home run., September 29, 2014
I used the Gel Nimbus 15s to train for a marathon over the summer. A month from race day, they were getting worn down, so I bought the 16s to replace them.

Compared to the 15, the Gel Nimbus 16 is less cushy, and has a touch more support. Definitely still a neutral shoe. Overall I think it's a bit more comfortable to run in, the old shoes could get kind of ponderous and squishy. I would say it's like taking the soft touring tires off a Buick and putting tires with firmer sidewalls on. Same basic ride, but the car feels more planted with more control.

I did a ten miler right out of the gate in these shoes, and my knees, legs, and feet felt great after. If you liked the 15s, I suspect you'd like these. I wouldn't suggest them to people who buy expensive running shoes to just walk around in, but I would think most runners who liked the old shoes would love these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marked improvement, May 14, 2014
Could not tell the difference between the Nimbus 12,13,14,15 but the new 16 is a marked improvement . Better road feel, lighter, and softer impact .

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the Nimbus 15 - Improved support and lighter, September 5, 2014
Although I liked the Asics Nimbus 15 alright, I was never totally pleased - a 4 star. I believe I've worn every iteration of the Nimbus line and have been pleased, especially in the arch support area. But some have been better than others. In my mind, this is by far the best of the Nimbus' so far.

The Nimbus 16 is a significant improvement in my opinion. I've worn them now for 2 months for my daily run of 3 miles each day outside in various weather conditions. I love them.

Fit: I wear a size 12 med and the fit on these is perfect. I found the 16 to be a little sloppy and loose. These fit true to a size 12.

Support: The support is where I find the 16 far superior to its predecessor. Their is better ankle support and these shoes do not have any side roll - they provide excellent side support. Also, I find the arch support far better and is perfect for my foot - I need some additional arch support. The heel is very well cushioned and gives you a bit of a bounce when it strikes the pavement. Also, the support for the ball of the foot is very good. I do wear custom orthotics which are a huge benefit, but I also wore them with the old shoe.

Weight: I'm always a bit suspicious when I read a running shoe is even lighter than its predecessor. I've found at times you give up support. However, with the 16, I can't find any tradeoffs yet. They feel practically weightless.

Overall, this is a very comfortable running shoe that provides excellent all around foot support. I am going to buy another pair if I can still find one so I will have a pair for future. I like them that much.

My only complaint is the pathetic insoles, but since all shoes suffer this problem, I didn't feel it fair to downgrade the rating. And since I wear custom orthotics, it's not an issue anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Runners best choice, May 8, 2014
As a long time runner I have already tested many brands but Asics is the best.
For this latest release Nimbus 16 I give 4 stars just because I think Nimbus 15 was better in cushioning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first Run!, July 12, 2014
I really like these shoes. I usually am a Nike fan boy but decided to give these a try and let me tell you: Wow! I loved them! They are to this date my best running shoe I have worn. I already put in over 40 miles of runs on them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighter than Nimbus 15 but less cusioning, May 30, 2014
transam617 (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 16 Running Shoe (Shoes)
I have run on the Nimbus 15 for the past year and loved those shoes. I run about 3 times per week about 3-4 miles at a time. The Nimbus 16's are a little faster but dont give the same ultra-soft landing as the 15's did.

Still overall a great shoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Performs Well, But soles wear out kind of quick, September 15, 2014
The fit is very good, and the cushioning is great. Would have given 5 stars, but the soles are wearing out awfully quick on these shoes. I typically heel strike and pronate to dead center when I run. The soles have worn very thin in the center of the fore-foot, next to the ball of the foot. I'm not sure if the type of rubber is different, but this is the first pair of these running shoes that have worn out so quickly. Other than the longevity of the sole, I love these shoes, and would definitely purchase again.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Performer, August 3, 2014
I gave these Asics a four star rating because I haven't had them long enough to speak on the durability of them. The cushioning is definitely very good. The sole structure is a bit wider than the Nike's I've been wearing, making them very stable. They're also lighter than the Nike's by almost 2 ounces. Doesn't sound like much, but on a five mile run it's noticeable. The toe box is wide and comfortable, and the heel structure is nice and snug to prevent slipping up and down, wearing blisters. The gel sole is so soft that my legs got sore the first time I wore them. Heel to toe height is closer to flat than I've worn before, taking a little bit of getting used to. I exercise on about 50% trail / 50% pavement. The Nimbus felt solid on both surfaces. If they prove to be durable, I would be very happy with these. I would recommend them to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome shoe, July 1, 2014
This is the 5th asics gel-nimbus i have purchased. as long as they keep making great running shoes I am going to stick with what works.

ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 16 Running Shoe