5.0 out of 5 stars More Great Noosas
Published 22 months ago by Robert I. Hedges

3.0 out of 5 stars Narrow fit, tongue bulges up and ugly.
Narrow fit, tongue doesn't stay in place when putting the shoe on (had to straighten it out by reaching into the show) and less cushion compared to GT 2K levels and Nimbus. Returned to get something else.
Published 4 months ago by Darren

5.0 out of 5 stars More Great Noosas, January 30, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Noosa Tri 8 Running Shoe (Shoes)
This pair of GEL-Noosa Tri 8's is my sixth pair of Noosas. While the Tri 6's will probably always be my favorites, I still like these shoes and prefer them to my two pairs of Tri 7's. These shoes are fairly light yet are supportive, which is important for me as I weigh around 220 pounds, and typically run about 40 minutes to an hour a day (I am a slow, noncompetitive runner, averaging 9-10 minute miles.) I like the mesh upper carried over from the Tri 7, and I do think the cushioning absorbs shock very well; there are two pairs of laces provided, the conventional pair of many hues, and a yellow pair of elastic laces. I don't care how long they take to don or doff and won't comment on that, but I can say that I find them comfortable to run in, though I find the position of the tongue a bit uncomfortable as it is sewn to the sidewall of the shoe. As with my other Noosas, I have cut the tongue loose which allows it to better center on my foot.

Of course Noosas are notorious for their garish color schemes and glow in the dark features, and the Tri 8's in the onyx, black, and confetti palette is no exception: at the very least these will get you noticed and I can't begin to estimate how many compliments (or comments in some cases) I have had over the years about these shoes and their forefathers. My only negative comments are that for those with slightly wider feet the conventional laces are a tad too short, and the tongue seems a bit less padded compared to earlier generations (the latter point is quite subjective as I have to rely on memory.)

I like these shoes and have no issue recommending them. If you want supportive shoes that can take a beating and still look outlandish, these are at the top of the heap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginners to Experts: These are the shoes you'll love!, May 13, 2013
First off, let me say this. I'm very selective in what I actually spend my time writing a review for, but I believe that when a product is truly great, then it's worth the review to help let others know. I picked up my first pair of Asics a little over two years ago (GT-2160), and they were a God-send to my feet. I was a beginning runner, didn't know much, and was even weary about spending $120 (GT-2160s). I did, however, and it completely changed my mind about how much something as simple as shoes could change your experience. To make a long story short, I still have my first pair of Asics (GT-2160s), and they still look as good today as they did two years ago. These shoes (GEL-Noosa Tri-8) are no different. The size of the shoes are relatively true and accurate. I usually wear a 14 in most shoes; sometimes, 15s if they are smaller. These shoes in a 14 feel great. There's wiggle room, but your feet feel completely stable and supported. Running in these shoes feel absolutely effortless, and the bright colors sure turn a lot of heads at our local mall. I really can't say enough good things about these shoes, and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great feeling, well-constructed pair of running shoes. But, don't just take my word for it, try them out and make a believer out of yourself too. I don't believe for a second that you'll be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great shoe!, January 1, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Noosa Tri 8 Running Shoe (Shoes)
I've owned the Gel-Noosa Tri 7s and now own the Gel-Noosa Tri 8s. First the shoe is slightly lighter without being a minimalist shoe, which hasn't worked for me before. Coming out of T2, I found the only issue I had with the tongue was that it pulled slightly to the outside when I slipped it on. A quick tug to the center and it was perfect. After the race, I noticed that the way I had laced it caused to pull to the outside. I made an adjust before the next race and didn't experience the issue again. Great shoe and I get lots of compliments on the shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, even better than Tri-7!, January 3, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Noosa Tri 8 Running Shoe (Shoes)
This is an early review of these shoes, but so far I've really enjoyed them over the past 2-3 weeks. I previously owned two pairs of the Tri-7s. I'm about 6'2, 170-175 lbs and usually run about 7:30/miles.

I run pretty frequently, having competed in 4 half-marathons in my old Tri-7s, but I don't compete in triathlons, so I can't comment on their quality for such events. What I can say is that the shoe is very noticeably lighter. Although the ounces shaved off might not seemed significant from last year's shoes, you'll notice it quickly. Even though I owned a pair of the orange shoes and a pair of the green shoes, I actually prefer the appearance of these more. They're still colorful and glow-in the dark while not clashing with everything you wear quite as much.

As another reviewer stated, the tongue is noticeably different. It feels less firm and structured and more.. well, thin and floppy. This is probably a result of the overall shoe weight reduction, and it didn't bother me too much, but I could see it being an annoyance for triathletes quickly transitioning.

As Asics did with last year's shoes, they include two pairs of shoe laces. The bungee elastic laces appear to be the exact same, albeit a different color, whereas the standard laces seem lighter and flatter.

In all, I like these shoes because I feel much faster in them due to the lighter weight. I think they're an improvement over the Tri-7's for my uses. If you're a similar runner, give them a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars i love asics, March 24, 2013
this shoe is really comfortable its like running on clouds i tell ya. i will definitely continue buying from asics

5.0 out of 5 stars 1/2 a size too small, but once you get the right size, it is a great shoe, October 27, 2013
Trailman (Medfield, MA USA) - See all my reviews
Don't break in a new shoe at a race, they say. Unless it is a great shoe that fits, I say.
Once I had returned the 10.5 and received the size 11 pair, I did not have time to try them out on the road. Today's half marathon was the first time I went running with them, and they performed exceptionally well.
No blisters or even sore spots all around my feet. I was very happy with my time (that probably had little to do with the shoes, but still ...).
I like the fact that they have a low profile and lower my center of gravity, which allows me to put more energy into a forward motion and less into an up-and-down motion. The design (Confetti) is a matter of taste. I could not care less and only ordered the color because it was the cheapest.
I also like the fact that they come with elastic shoe laces. I will definitely try those out at my next triathlon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps, June 10, 2014
FLDEAL "FL Deal" (Jacksonville, FL, US) - See all my reviews
My first pair of Asics running shoe.This is the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn. I have been suffering with plantar fasciitis and also have flat feet, wearing these shoes offers cushioning in padding in the rights places to help relieve the pain. The shoe offers a snug fit which limits over pronation without feeling uncomfortable. Although I am not a runner, I do walk 2-3 miles per day and I am amazed at how comfortable these feel. I don't want to take the shoes off even at the end of the day. I wish they came in colors that aren't so "loud" - I would like an all black version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Running Shoes., March 9, 2014
I'm a big guy (size 13, 205 lbs) and really need to get good running shoes to keep pressure off my knees. These do a great job of it.

I've been using them for a month and got them on sale (70$) which was a total steal, and am very happy with.

Now at total price (around 120$) they are still great, but not my fav running shoes (currently nike lunar elites). But if you prefer aasics to nike these are awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best running shoes, June 22, 2013
Vladimir Lugo (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) - See all my reviews
I love how the shoe fits. It is light while at the same time providing the necessary support. The elastic shoelaces are perfect so you do not have to deal with tying your shoes on the run. I have taken them already for longer runs and they have kept my feet intact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing same as Adidas, runs larger than Martens and Nike. GREAT shoes with one small issue........., December 11, 2014
I wear a 12 in Adidas, 12.5 in Dr Martens and 13 in Nike. I bought these Asics as a 12 and they fit perfect. So hopefully those sizing examples will help someone else that owns those same brand shoes. Upon putting these on right out of the box they were terribly uncomfortable but I realized they were laced way too tight. So I loosened the laces all the way, put them on again and then pulled the laces tight one row at a time, but just barely snugging them. Walked around in them and they felt real good. I've worn them at work to break them in. Haven't exercised or ran in them yet but so far so good! Nice bounce and definitely funky looking! The ONLY complaint I have is that I'm normally very hot and these shoes are almost entirely mesh which breathes great and feels nice BUT the plastic Asics design on the sides is clear and condensation forms inside that plastic after I've worn them a few hours from the warmth of my feet. Looks kinda gross but doesn't really affect the shoes. The design should've been made as a solid color or either have a barrier between the mesh and plastic. Regardless, still a great value and I'm very happy with them!

ASICS Men's GEL-Noosa Tri 8 Running Shoe