Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on January 14, 2014
This was my first pair of the GT series and I enjoy them so far. Always by the gel 1000 series and never strayed from them. The shoes have nice cushioning and good stability. The mid section of the shoe is alittle narrow and tight compared to the gel 1000 series but I just loosened my lacing there and all seems well. I really enjoy the coloring of the shoe and will probably buy another pair. Overall a good running shoe for the price!
on May 29, 2013
He is an over-pronator, so needed a dual-density arch support shoe. These are not too flashy, but add a little color to his black/white running shoe repertoire. He wears them a lot and doesn't complain about his feet, knees or hips. Therefore, I assume they are a big "score"!
on January 12, 2014
Love the quality and comfort of Asics and their sizing is always spot on. I own at least 5 different pairs of different models and happy with all
on January 15, 2014
Bought these for my husband who is active Military and is required to do PtT every day. He says these are his favorite running shoes by far.
on June 29, 2014
I've worn the ASICS GT-1000 for years. I've tried others in the past, but this shoe has always worked best for me. Kind of a different color, but the price was too good to pass up. The GT-1000 seems to run a little small so you may want to order up a 1/2 size. My normal shoe size is typically 10 1/2 medium to narrow width, I always purchase this shoe in 11 M and fits great.
on June 11, 2014
My feet overpronate so I have to make sure the shoe is the best for my foot . I love my asics
on June 11, 2014
I need some extra stability and this shoe provides it. The comfort is terrific too!! Am on my second pair and would not hesitate to purchase another... or recommend to others. I do have a fairly narrow foot and this fits good... so am not sure how it might work with people who have wide feet. Might be a little tight.
on August 12, 2014
This shoe fits a bit more stiff than I typically like, and it also feels a little heavier on my foot. I just don't feel as fast in this shoe as I do in some of my others (Saucony Ride 6, Asics Gel-Extreme33).

That said, it does play an important role in my shoe rotation-not every run is a fast run after all. The added stiffness and weight provide me with a little more stability, and I find that the shoe forces me to pay more attention to my stride and footfall. When I'm having more aches and pains in my knees or muscles, this is my go to shoe for a shakeout run to keep putting on the miles through the pain. I also tend to gravitate toward this shoe when I am planning to go for a longer run.

I wear an arch support insert in some of my other shoes, but I find that I don't need it in this shoe. The toe box has plenty of room and the laces are long enough to double knot without having a lot of extra lace hanging out to potentially cause a trip.

Overall, the shoe seems well put together and the sole is holding up well. I don't know that I will purchase the shoe again, but this has more to do with my changing needs as a runner (I've lost a lot of weight and my stride/footfall is becoming more and more efficient) than with any particular complaints about the shoe. It was an excellent shoe for this beginner runner and likely played a key role in helping me improve as a runner.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2014
Very good price, a little heavy, but since I have bad knees I need somthing sturdy to support my heavy frame. My runs have been much better and a lot less knee pain since using these.
on March 23, 2014
I love to run in Asics. They are comfortable, durable, and affordable. They hold up well and look good after you get your running miles out of them. Therefore, they can be used for everyday shoes, yardwork shoes, etc after they are retired from running. You may find that Brooks is a bit more comfortable, but they come with the uncomfortable price tag. A high price tag means you will try to get more out of a shoe than you should. This can lead to discomfort and injury. Saucony doesn't hold up, but is comfortable. New Balance is not flexible & comfortable enough, but is durable.

This Shoe: Is rated a "Best Buy" for a reason. Light, durable, the right tread (don't get a trail running shoe for hard surface running - not needed), great fit. I have used many different ASICS models, like this one the best. Put a pair in your cart and buy, they are great. They take my 20-30 miles of outdoor running per week with ease. I replace my shoe each year ( I should replace more ) and will look for this model again.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse