Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 9, 2014
I am giving it two stars because the width is misleading. I don't know why the gel contend runs so narrow and all the other asics run true but you need to double the widith with these, Hubby takes a wide width E in nike, a 2E in all Asics and a 4E in the gel contend. Hope this helps. If you get the width right, the shoes are every bit as good as the rest of the line and last the same amount of time just cost less. go figure.
on February 25, 2014
Shoe is fine, but feels like a lower-end sneaker. I like the Asics running 4e fit and for years have buying other models from the store when they go on clearance just to wear as a casual shoe. These feel like the cheaper shoes they are - but still comfortable and serve my purposes.
on May 22, 2013
Overall not a bad shoe but the 4E is more like a 2E or smaller. Side seams rub just before the ball of the foot. I'll be heading back to New Balance.
on April 1, 2014
ive got wide feet, so finding a shoe that fits can be troublesome. ordered these in 14 and 4e width and they were a perfect fit. while they werent as cushiony as i initially expected them to be, they are still very comfortable and a good walking and biking shoe for myself. another plus side is that these shoes breathe very nicely so my feet dont feel like theyre sweltering.
on February 23, 2014
I am 6' 260 lb. I like to remain active. These shoes are my "daily drivers". They are great I have a wide foot. The width was great. They look sporty. I like them. Highly recommend for bigger people.
on May 28, 2015
They seem to be making Asics a tad smaller and not as wide as they used to. I would normally wear a 12 4E but with Asics, I need to order 12 1/2 4E's. This model only comes in full sizes so I will order a 13 4E next time if I re buy them again. I found elastic no tie shoe laces here on Amazon, and they have definitely help a bit in making them feel more comfortable because the elastic gives a bit where regular laces do not.I have had this pair for more than a year and they are holding up quite well for normal after work wear with decent arch support. The white sides though seem to attract dirt more than other brands but clean up pretty easy with some soap and water and a toothbrush.I hope you found this review helpful. Sincerely, Dean"o" from Livonia, Michigan
on January 2, 2015
Just wanted a tad bit more width. It is of stretchable fabric, so is okay to keep. This was the second pair. I returned the first pair due to too narrow. I tried again, and decided this was better--though not a true 4E. Just close enough to just use. And then later ordered another pair. Same thing. Kept. So, overally am satisfied and since they have give, have kept. For the price, I cannot expect perfection. Now, I would not have spent above that. For the price, it can work.
on May 25, 2016
I wear orthotics because of terrible plantar fasciitis. These shoes aren't as good as the high end Asics, but they are a great value. I wear them outside while working. They fit well (wear 11 4E), and they provide a good solid base for the orthotics.
on February 19, 2015
Bought these for running/walking shoes. They work perfectly and fit amazingly.

Over the years I've worn new balance, Adidas, Nike, ext. None really work like these for strait up running or walking. For the past 2 1/2 years I've worn Asics and they've been great. Only for the past couple pairs of shoes I've worn have I had to wear the 4E kind, but they work like the other ones. Great!
on July 12, 2014
ASICS makes the most comfortable supportable shoes for my needs. I only indicated "somewhat small" because their 4E size is probably closer to a 2E. My true shoe size is an 11 1/2 2E. I use Foot Joy as my benchmark. But in any other shoe I need at least a 12 or 12 1/2 2E. Used to buy New Balance but their sizing is all over the map. I generally need a little wider toe box and I've come to rely that ASICS is best for me in a 13 4e . Their sizing is consistent from model to model and that is all I care about.