Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 25, 2013
For big frame, high arch runners I cannot imagine a better cushioned shoe. I am 6' 190. I have had consecutive multiple generations of these shoes back to GEN I-don't-know-what ( I think 3). Ultimate cushion, large toe box, great flex. Every pair has been race ready out of the box. I am 51 and have run multiple or at least one duathlon, 1/2 or whole marathon every year for the last 12 years ( year of my first gel nimbus). There has always seemed to be a color combination that looks nice too. I run with orthotics an the there is ample space to insert your own foot bed unlike higher models for pronaters. I was a New Balance guy for since high school (many moons ago) until I had my first pair of these. I am just glad to see that Acics has not over-engineered the model away from its original awesomeness. Great job!
on July 25, 2013
I'm a solid guy in my 40's who's generally athletic - but I have high arches, a wide forefoot, and wear a small sized running shoe. I am not one of those effortless, injury-free runners. I land on the outside of my foot as I run and my feet and lower legs take a beating as I pick up speed and mileage. So my running career has often been a start and stop affair. I've purchased New Balance running shoes for the last few years, particularly since they routinely offer more width options. These were okay, but as I started back into running this spring I was looking for another option. (I had followed the recommendations at our local go-to running store, but I think they default to New Balance for wide feet.) After a good amount of research I bought the Nimbus 15 through Amazon and it has been the best running shoe I've ever worn - by far. I'd never run in Asics before although I've tried many other brands in the past: Nike, NB, Saucony, Brooks, Adidas... The difference for me was immediate and striking. For underpronators (supinators) with high arches the cushioning in this shoe is ideal, yet responsive.

I ordered my normal size in 4E, largest width. Surprisingly, the shoes felt a little loose, so I ordered another pair a half size smaller with the same width. I ended up keeping both pairs and use the smaller size only for running and the half size larger pair for more casual activities.

I guess the price for the Nimbus could be considered steep, but if I can get in a few more runs each month without pain then it is easily worth it for me. My only complaint would be that Asics only offers one of the Nimbus color schemes in the wider options. I even ordered last year's model, the Nimbus 14, as an alternative style, but those shoes don't have the same outside forefoot cushioning for road running.

>> UPDATE at 300 miles of wear. These shoes have held up great after 3 months of regular running on roads, treadmills, and trails. I just finished a Tough Mudder run in Tahoe with a dozen miles of running over rocks, trails, obstacles, mud, and dirt and had no problems at all. These shoes have been great on the roads when running fast intervals or long slow distances. The Nimbus 15 has been the perfect running shoe for me and I hope Asics doesn't mess it up next year.
22 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2013
This is the second edition of the Nimbus that I've worn. A larger runner (6'0", 240#), I was a long-time Saucony wearer, switching to the Nimbus 14 last year. I had to replace my Saucony shoes every 6-8 months, but am still running in the Nimbus 14s I bought 13 months ago. When I found the new Nimbus 15 I read the reviews and upgraded and am very pleased I did. These are very roomy in the toe box, and have great cushion even for a larger runner like myself. The first time I took them out for 7 miles and the second for 9 miles. Both runs were very comfortable from beginning to end. I did not have hot spots or blisters anywhere on my feet, and my knees felt great. I enjoy running in the Nimbus line, they truly feel like I'm running on a cushion. I finish my longer runs without the feet and knee pains that I've experienced in the past. This is listed as a neutral cushion shoe, and I would update it to say that it's suitable for larger runners.
on July 18, 2013
I have been a fan of Gel Nimbus, purchasing the 12 and 13's. I did not ever wear the 14's. I love the Gel-Nimbus 15 . I am a heavier runner, who wears orthotis and these shoes do not disappoint!
on September 8, 2014
I purchased my first pair of ASICS Gel-Nimbus 15 shoes (Lot F350413, made in China) about 15 months ago and they have been the best running shoes I have ever owned. Normally I wear out a pair every 6 months but this pair is only beginning to show wear. Since I like these so much I decided I should order another pair before the style is retired only to find the new pair (Lot F580114, made in Indonesia) to be the worst pair of ASICS I have ever owned in 8 years of training. While the new pair looks identical to the original pair it completely lack the signature gel "sponginess" I have come to know and love. The original pair allowed me to both extend my training runs and cut down on my recovery time but the new pair have reduced my brisk runs to flat-footed, bone jarring jogs. I realize the Gel-Nimbus 15 is no longer the flagship shoe in the Gel-Nimbus series but ASICS has made a huge mistake by continuing to produce these shoes at sub-par quality rather than retire them. At this point I will never buy a pair of ASICS online again (no dig against the fine job the Amazon merchant did in promptly delivering what I ordered - this is strictly a manufacturing issue).
on April 22, 2015
I like the shoes, but unfortunately there is a China version and Indonesia version. I have 4 pairs - 2 were made in China and I had no problems. The most recent two pairs were made in Indonesia. The Indonesia pairs give me blisters. I'm running 30-40 miles a week on average and have resorted to using one of my old China pairs on runs over 10 miles due to the blistering caused by the Indonesia pairs.

I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on until I read a blog somewhere from a guy pointing out the difference. So I thinks to myself, huh... I wonder. I went and checked the two good pairs and yep - China. Two bad pairs, yep - Indonesia. Coincidence? I doubt it.

Good thing they don't make condoms...
on May 15, 2013
I have extremely high arches and suffer from planter fasciitis. The ASICS Gel-Nimbus is the only shoe I have worn that has just the right amount of cushion and support that doesn't aggravate the symptoms. Very comfortable!!! If they could just get a handle on the color options. My last pair was the 12. Took 3 models for a descent color combination.
44 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2015
I love these Asics! It's my fourth pair for they have the perfect support and cushion that I look for. The first 2 pairs I've owned were made in Vietnam where the last two I bought (Ebay and Amazon) both say made in China. These last 2 pairs appear to be authentic, although I'd say they have both fit a little on the snug side (that I don't remember with the previous 2 pairs). Regardless, I know they'll work-in and be fine. What I didn't realize until finding the info on a website one day (can't remember where) was there's a chart for figuring out what style of Asics is best for you (Nimbus, Kayano, etc.). I'd always loved the Nimbus and found out it was what I was supposed to be wearing. Have worn Asics for 30 years and am an avid fan. And it doesn't hurt that this model is the Seahawks colors... Go Hawks! :)
on September 8, 2013
ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 15 Running Shoe are great for the work I do. I work in a assemble plant and these shoe's are great for being on your feet all day.
on August 28, 2014
I've ran with them a few times since I've got em (a week ago) both on the treadmill and on the road, and so far I'm loving them. I've had Asics before, and they were really good, and these are good too. I still get some shin splints and minor pain in my right leg.I chalk this up to rupturing my achilles tendon as a teen, resulting in me walking funny, and running funny as well. That being said, I felt an immediate difference, with much less pain than I'm used to while running. They fit great, which is unexpected as my left foot is about half an inch longer than my right.

I would definitely recommend these shoes to anyone looking for heel support and cushion. My only concern is that I've only had them for a week, so I can't say how they'll feel down the line, or how fast they will wear out.