|Fits as expected||
ASICS Women's GEL-1160 Running Shoe
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance
- Trusstic System reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe
- SpEVA Midsole Material improves bounce back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown
- DuoMax Support System enhances support and stability, positioned sport specifically
- DuraSponge Outsole enhances cushioning and durability in the forefoot
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Designed for runners at every level, the ASICS® Gel 1160 women's shoe features a tremendous blend of GEL® and AHAR® cushioning technologies. The DuoMax® Support System promises a smooth ride, while a DuraSponge® outsole adds durability and traction.
Designed for runners of all abilities, from newbies to high mileage enthusiasts, this updated version of a popular favorite features rearfoot and forefoot GEL Cushioning System, DuoMax Support System, and the comfort and fit of the Trusstic System.See all Product Description
- Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 7.2 x 4.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003C1P2ZM
- Item model number: GEL-1160-W
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 4, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
First, and most important to me, is this shoe is incredibly lightweight and flexible, while still having adequate support for short and medium length runs (I don't generally run more than 6 miles). I never feel as if my shoe is weighing me down. It is primarily covered with mesh, which is nice if your feet sweat a lot or you happen to run through puddles.
It also has great traction for paved surfaces, and holds up surprisingly well in rougher terrain too. I've actually chosen this shoe over my hiking boots for a few backpacking trips that involved extended walking through streams and rivers or day hikes up peaks that increase altitude quickly such as Mount Shasta, CA and Harney Peak in the Black Hills. The mesh allows the shoe to drain water quickly, and the lightness of the materials are nice when every step of a hike is uphill.
While this shoe isn't great for people that demand lots of gel support or correction from severe pronation, it's a great choice for runners like me that have average arches and neutral to slight pronation. I find the shoe comfortable and a great price for a well-designed running shoe.
You will notice a painful difference in your hips, feet, and knees if you buy cheap running shoes so it is worth it to pay the extra to save your joints. And these shoes are a great price for how perfect they are. I recommend them to everyone, even those who just do casual work-outs or walks.
The things I don't like - I do think the forefoot might have too much of a "rockered" bottom, which can change your running stride a bit. I also don't like that they haven't reinforced the mesh on the arch side of your foot. They offer nice increased density foam, but your foot can always "balloon" out the side of the shoe if you are a heavy overpronator.
Overall, for the price and the fact that I knew they would be a good fit, I'm very happy with these shoes. I'm 5'10" about 150lbs, and run less than 30 miles a week on a mix of pavement and trails.
My only complaint for this shoe would be the price. I typically spend $30-$50 on a tennis shoe and these were $85 at my local retailer. I was able to get them slightly cheaper here on Amazon, which was some relief. I am told this is a pretty decent price for a tennis shoe, but as a non-avid tennis shoe wearer, I just felt it was a little steep. I am sure I will get a lot of use out of them due to their comfort, and maybe the price will be an incentive to use them more. :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm so happy to have found these shoes. They look great, but most importantly they feel soooo good on my feet!
I ordered 11 1/2 Narrow. Read more
These shoes fit as described and were overall pretty comfortable for the price.Published 16 months ago by kyla koerber
Great shoes! Just what I wanted. Received it in a timely manner.Published 17 months ago by Mimi Hamilton
All I ever buy are Asiscs....they fit me the best out of any other brand. I have average width feet with high arches, these have great arch support. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Shannon Lee