4.0 out of 5 stars Great sneaker!
Published on January 1, 2011 by M. Krause

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable shoe, but needs more lateral support
Published on June 6, 2011 by Jennifer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sneaker!, January 1, 2011
This review is from: ASICS Women's GEL-Antares TR 2 Training Shoe (Apparel)
I'm a kickboxing instructor and have a very had time finding sneakers that are comfortable and provide good support and I'm always very hesitant about ordering sneakers online. This turned out to be a great purchase. These sneakers were comfortable from the start. I didn't have to "break them in" and hope they would get more comfortable the more I used them. They're light weight but supportive. They have good cushioning. They allow for easy pivoting when kicking. Good arch support but I'll probably put additional arch support inserts for more comfort. Great sneakers. Will definitely purchase again in the other color.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these trainers!, March 3, 2012
I needed to get a pair of trainers for the gym b/c running shoes just don't work for alot of the lifting and high intensity cardio/weights that I do. These are not only cute (the silver is much more attractive than a bright white), they are super comfortable, even moreso than my Asics running shoes. I am usually somewhere b/w a 10 and 10.5, but in this shoe I definitely needed the larger size. I also have a slightly more narrow foot, and the larger size was not too wide at all. I had ordered a 10 from a different store (that size didn't work for the gym), but b/c I like the shoes so much, I just kept them to kick around in. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable shoe, but needs more lateral support, June 6, 2011
This review is from: ASICS Women's GEL-Antares TR 2 Training Shoe (Apparel)
This is my first pair of Asics. I have been wearing New Balance cross trainers for years, but thought I would give these a try because the New Balance shoes are $110 and up. The shoe is very comfortable. It fit my foot very well, even better than my New Balance shoes. However, I do not feel the shoe has very good support, especially for lateral movement. I'm a cardio-kickboxer too, but unlike the last reviewer, I did not think this shoe has enough support. I also play tennis, and I want a shoe with more support for that sport as well. I will either try a different Asics cross trainer or shell out the big money for another pair of New Balance cross trainers. I plan to keep this pair for my kick around shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for wide feet., November 17, 2010
I use this shoe for high impact aerobics. The only complaint is it could use more cushioning. But it has great support for lateral motion, and running. Toe box is roomy. I keep trying out new shoes/brands, but I may come back to this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asics Fan, August 29, 2011
Vicki (Minneapolis MN) - See all my reviews
Shoes fit true to size and are super comfortable. I have been wearing Asics running shoes for about 6 years now and love them. I decided to try a cross-trainer because I do not run enough to justify the expense of buying true "running shoes." I do a lot of activites that have side to side motion and these shoes appear to have a lot of structure and support.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING gell, October 1, 2010
these shose are AMAZING, they keep the gell cushion for 12+ hors while wearing. Excellent! I have gotten many good compliments =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe For a Hard To Fit Foot, July 20, 2012
Qpid (Montana, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASICS Women's GEL-Antares TR 2 Training Shoe (Apparel)
I've been looking for a cross trainer for kick boxing and some cardio/dance type classes. After quite a bit of searching I settled on these and love them. Great support so my foot doesn't slip around but still room for toes to spread. They are lightweight as well. As one other reviewer noted, and which was a concern, the bottoms aren't slick but they still turn well, so not too much traction for things like Zumba where turning is necessary. I am hard to fit (I wear a 10 Narrow in street shoes) and in athletic shoes, heels are especially difficult as most seem to slip. These fit like a glove, so if your feet run narrow these are worth a try. Also, like some others here, I had to go up a full size from street shoe and even in size 11, they don't make my feet look huge. Great looking shooe too. Note that the mesh on the blue (and the pink which I have) is more a very light grey.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent shoes, April 5, 2012
James (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASICS Women's GEL-Antares TR 2 Training Shoe (Apparel)
I bought these when I was looking for a solid pair of shoes for walking and box-fit. I needed something versatile, with support, and that fit my slightly wider feet. These are not bad shoes, but they could use better arch support. I also have to be very careful what socks I wear with them because it they are too low, the shoe rubs right at my ankle bone. They are nice looking though, and with a little more arch support (which you can insert), they would be even better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe for Gym Classes or Training, January 23, 2012
These shoes delivered what they promised - they feel very stable on the feet and are perfect for different types of gym training - jumping, squats, etc. Other shoes usually make my feet roll out, but these keep me straight and balance. I did add an insole, as the insole that the shoe came with felt a little under cushioned. Overall, I would recommend for gym training and gym classes.

3.0 out of 5 stars comfort, August 4, 2011
These shoes are very attractive and light-weight, however, they are not as comfortable as most Asics are. I never have problems with Asics shoes, but these are not a good shoe for me. They hurt the balls of my feet. I do spin and boot camp classes and afterward my feet hurt and are extremely hot. It might be just the pair that I received, but I would never buy another pair of this particular shoe.

Rate and Discover Movies