5.0 out of 5 stars Great stability!
Published on July 27, 2012 by Pinkgirl

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute but had to return
I have worn Asics in the past and loved them, but these guys are adorable but skmpy, hard to lace, lacking in good support, and just a little smaller than stated. They did not fit well and were a disappointment; I returned them.
Published 23 months ago by Nan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stability!, July 27, 2012
This review is from: ASICS Women's GEL-Blur33 TR Cross-Training Shoe (Shoes)
I have FINALLY found the perfect light-weight cross-trainer with great stability. I work out at home and do a lot of "boot camp" programs involving jumping, lateral moves, and such. I tried and sent back four other pairs of cross-trainers before finding and ordering these. Love how lightweight and breathable they are so my feet stay cool, and I don't feel like I have bricks on my feet weighing me down when jumping. Yet they have fantastic stability in the sides to support and prevent rolling during my moves. Stability is critical for me in a shoe as I experienced a severe ankle sprain last year that took 6 months to recover from, and I need the support to prevent future injury. Note the TR in the name as this indicates it has more stability for cross-training. There are other Gel-Blur33 shoes that don't have this designation and don't have the same level of support and stability in the shoe as they are running shoes versus cross-trainers. I found these to be very true to size. I wear a size 8 in regular sandals and heels and ordered the same size in these trainers. I highly recommend this shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 1/2 stars for a great workout sneaker, April 27, 2012
Is it just me, or is there an excess of running sneakers out right now (especially if you're into the new barefoot trend)? Frankly, I'm not a runner. I like walking, hiking, and working out in my living room. And when I'm working out in my living room, running shoes just don't cut it. My left foot started to hurt on the outside edge from all the side-to-side movements I was doing in my running shoes (these weren't barefoot, but regular sneakers). So I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that Women's Health Magazine did a quick rundown of different sneakers for different purposes. I immediately went to the gym/training list to see what they had, and I was pleased to see two different barefoot brands mentioned. I did end up buying one of those recommended brands, and I'm glad I went with the ASICS Gel-Blur 33 cross-training sneakers. I feel like I have much more contact with the ground than my previous sneakers, but they still have a slight cushion for when I'm leaping around. And my side-to-side movements feel way better. I'm glad I made the switch. If I ever feel like running, I'll be sure to take my old sneakers out for a spin.

I took off a half star off my rating due to the laces. I, personally, like my laces a bit long so that I can double knot them. However, I found that with the laces occupying all the holes, they fall a little short. I was torn between undoing them from one hole near the ankle, or replacing them with longer laces. I went with ones a bit longer, and I'm glad I did. I wouldn't want sneakers that didn't fit snugly along the top of my foot while working out. For anyone who is interested, the laces that came with my size 8 sneakers measured 51 1/2 inches. The laces I replaced them with weren't too much longer, but it was enough that I could keep the laces in the top holes and still double knot them.

These sneaker are great for workouts, the grey/lavender color was lovely, and they seemed true to size. I am even considering getting a second pair in the black. I hope they come out with more colors, and make the laces a bit longer next time. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THEM!, November 5, 2012
I Love these sneakers!As a personal trainer I do A LOT of plyometrics mixed with weights. These are perfect for lateral moves, squats, mountain climbers, sprints etc... I own 2 pair! will get a third!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute but had to return, January 28, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, June 19, 2012
The only good thing about these shoes is how fast they arrived from Amazon. I read about these in Shape magazine. It was rated at one of the best for high-impact activities. They really are not for HIGH impact activities! There is hardly any cushioning in the ball of the foot. I have average to wide feet and as stated in other reviews, these shoes do run wide. Too wide actually. Very surprising in that matter. I tried to tighten the toe area of the shoes, but when trying to pull the laces tight, the whole toe box area "scrunches" up. Also as stated on other reviews, the laces are too short. I thought people were being too picky but it's true . You can't take the laces out of the top eyelet to make them longer due to it being part of the shoe so it's like a loose flap. My feet were sore at the 1/4 mark of a body attack class. I will wear these for low impact activities, but what a waste because I really wanted a "killer" shoe.
UPDATE: I really can't wear these shoes at all. They are so uncomfortable that they are sitting in my closet. Total waste of money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, November 7, 2012
I ordered these shoes to walk in and do cardio in and they are terrific. Coomfortable and airy. I would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, Well Vented and Very Supportive, December 25, 2012
A. Lindsey (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This is a great shoe for working out indoors. I love wearing them while doing my DVD workouts, Wii and Xbox workouts. They have excellent arch support with a well cushioned foot bed, which is great for jumping and bouncing. They also are very well ventilated, which help to keep my feet cool. The traits that make them especially great for indoor workouts are that they are light, flexible and the tread works well on carpeted surfaces. I absolutely love the yellow and orange color! So very glad I made this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm walking on sunshine...and running and jumping., December 28, 2012
I bought these when I had finally worn through my old favorites (Saucony Mirage). My husband and I work out nearly everyday - we do Insanity with gym and running sessions thrown in. Needless to say I needed a shoe that would be comfortable and light while running, and yet give me the support and cushion I needed for jumping. These are PERFECT. And believe it or not, they are much brighter in real life - the yellow is brilliant, and the orange lining and laces are florescent orange. Try them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crosstrainers!, November 22, 2012
These shoes are for you if you are going to do high intensity, lateral movements, lots of jumping,and squating kind of workout. I am currently doing insanity/asylum and they have been great for my feet. Love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shoe Love Is True Love!!, April 13, 2012
Cosmogirl428 (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I wanted to get a new pair of shoes for alternating workouts of weight training and cardio. After reading a fitness magazine review of cross-training shoes, I decided to order the highly rated ASIC Blur 33 and I'm so glad I did!! They fit perfectly, are super lightweight, comfortable and they are super cute!! Initially, I wasn't sure I liked how bright the lavender looked from the picture but once I saw them in person, the grey really balances out the brightness of the lavender and I love it. These shoes are perfect for what I was looking for!

ASICS Women's GEL-Blur33 TR Cross-Training Shoe