5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Bought these shoes for my wife (training for half and full marathons). She says that they are far more comfortable than the Nike Free. They also hold up better than the Free. The outsole and midsole show almost no breakdown after almost 3 months of regular use (15-20 mi/week). The shoes are lightweight and perform as advertised.
Published 22 months ago by jl

3.0 out of 5 stars Ran narrow in toe bed
Published 18 months ago by unanicole

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 21, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoe!, August 17, 2012
I tend to stick to a brand, but when New Balance quit producing my favorite running shoe, I bounced around a little bit. I haven't run in Asics before this pair and picked them out after reading all the reviews. They are awesome! This shoe has everything I was looking for in a running shoe. The heel fits great and the toebox has enough room. I highly recommend these. I've been doing mainly road running the past couple years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable style, June 28, 2012
I always buy asics for their comfort and support. When I saw the colors of these shoes at Shoe Carnival, I flipped and had to try them on! They are super comfortable, roomy in the toes and cup the heels nicely. I also like that the tongue is not super thick. Personal preference, I guess! I highly recommend these shoes and am loving the attention I get when I wear them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these shoes!, November 19, 2012
Overall LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these shoes.

*Looks*
As embarrassed as I am to admit it I purchased these shoes for the looks! The colors are brilliant and really stood out. I have had trouble with shoes purchased online not looking as expected when I receive them and these did not disappoint. I purchased the mostly black with bright pink, green, and blue. Tons of compliments on the looks of them!

*Fit*
These fit true to their size maybe even just a bit large. They are wider than my previous running shoes (Brooks) but I find the extra bit of room quite comfortable. There is not much arch support so if you usually get a supportive shoe I would not recommend these or would count on purchasing additional insoles.

*Comfort*
These are definitely light weight running shoes. Previously having ran in a trail running shoe I am still trying to get used to the limited amount of cushion these shoes provide. While I can run shorter distances in them I cannot walk in them for the day. They leave my feet sore from the limited cushioning. I haven't tried them on runs >5 miles yet as I don't think they provide the amount of support I need for those types of runs. Short runs, however, are great. The shoes are extremely light.

All and all I love them. They won't become my long-distance or walking shoe but for short runs they are perfect. And they are just so stinking cute!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ran narrow in toe bed, January 9, 2013
I have over 8 years of experience in the shoe industry, 5 years of which was spent in retail finding "the perfect fit" for shoes. I have my feet measured regularly and know about a proper fit, which is especially important for running shoes. I also do not have unrealistic expectations for how long shoes should last (if you run miles a day, several times a week...shoes wear out fast!) So, when reading the negative reviews, I mostly attributed the lower score to people who just don't "know shoes" like I do.

However, here is why these didn't work for me:
1. Sizing. I have owned several Asics. My current Zumba shoes are Asic Gel Entrall, black, in size 9.5 and they fit beautifully. I began by ordering a 9.5 in this shoe, and knew as soon as I slipped it on that it was too small. ESPECIALLY FOR RUNNING, but truly always, you need space between your longest toe and the end of the shoes. (This is a terrible mistake that most people make, especially women). I ordered the size 10, expecting it to fit perfectly. They arrived today. While the length was adequate, the toe box just wasn't quite roomy enough. It fit, but it wasn't going to feel good after running, because it just wasn't a roomy toe box. The shoe last used for this shoe is clearly not the same as the other pair that I currently have, which is fine - it will fit a different shaped foot well. But didn't work for me. :(
2. The mid-sole/arch support. I noticed the support in the 9.5 - it was too far back and felt uncomfortable under my foot. I figured the larger size would also help put the support in the correct place, but I was wrong. It felt like a lump under my foot, which can cause SERIOUS issues for your feet, legs, and back.
3. Quality. While the overall quality seemed fine, I did notice they stitched very sparingly on the inside of the shoe - along the padding. I don't think this would hold up for long. A strong tug or two would loosen the few stitches.

Positive things:
These are good looking shoes. Asics is a fantastic brand, so I do think these would work splendidly for someone with a different shaped foot. These lost one star for the stitching and one star for the unusually placed arch support. Unfortunately, most people don't know how it should feel/fit, so this could end up on someone and do more harm than good.

Please don't let my review deter you from trying these or any other Asics! As I said, this may just be the PERFECT shape and fit for you. Please be mindful to allow plenty of room - or even go have yourself professionally fitted (and may I stress PROFESSIONALLY fitted, not by someone with no training or knowledge).

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy, December 30, 2012
Shoes were cute but won't be ordering shoes online anymore. They were tight and stiff. Unlike Asics I've had in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 28, 2012
Great shoe, excellent for running, light weight, great colours, exactly as I ordered and expected to receive! Sizing is spot on, the medium fit is excellent. Very similar to a Nike free run style shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shoes, July 22, 2012
Love these shoes. No need for socks with the very comfy seamless design. Makes for super fast transition during triathlon. Neon pink wakes me up for my 5 a.m. Run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best running shoes, September 22, 2013
This is my first pair of Asics. I am fairly new to running and have been on the search for a great shoe. I have a pair of Solomon trail running shoes which I adore and was looking for a second pair of shoes to alternate with. These shoes had great reviews and the price was excellent. I didn't want to spend too much on a secondary pair of shoes. I have a wide forefoot and was unsure if i would need to get an Asics style that offered wide sizes. I took a chance and I ordered these a half size up from my regular shoe size. These are perfect!! They feel fantastic, fit great, and my first run in them was 4 miles. No problems. No blisters. Just happy feet! I wear them with Injinji toe socks and the combo makes for very comfortable runs. I have all but forgotten my Solomons, unless I intend to do a bit of off road running. I think I am now an Asics convert! I am already picking out my next pair for when these wear out. I have been running in these for several weeks now, doing between 15-20 miles per week- still no problems, still happy feet!

5.0 out of 5 stars great runners!, July 13, 2012
Purchased these for running and they are great especially for price. The bright colors motivate me to get out there! Shoe fits great and is very comfy.

Rate and Discover Movies