Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASICS Women's GEL-Contend Running Shoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 23, 2013
This is good shoe but the price was what really reeled me in! We are going to Disney World in 2 weeks and I need a new pair of athletic shoes for the massive amounts of walking ahead. I LOVE ASICS but my preferred shoes are in the pricey range for my budget. I have high-arches and degenerative disc disease as well as some nerve damage in my hip/leg. I had to go up a size in shoes due to frequent swelling of my right foot. These fit perfectly! Lightweight, too!!
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 13, 2013
I have never heard of the ASICS brand until my son bought a pair at a high end running shoe store. I decided to buy these shoes because my tennis shoes are over 3 years old and in need of replacement. The ASICS are just what I need. The support is in the right place and they feel great on. I love the electric purple color and the price. I am going to use them for walking and exercising. I don't run and don't know enought abou running shoes, bu I recommend these to anyone in need of a good pair of walking shoes.
on May 10, 2013
The shoes are the right size, but the arch support is in the wrong place. It is so strange. I have worn many pairs of Asics, and I have never had this issue.
on March 5, 2013
I love these shoes, they are very comfortable and I love the color. Got them to train for a 10K
on January 20, 2014
These are my 4th pair of Asics and I use them primarily for walking. The fit is good, I have a high arch so I do insert a Dr. Scholls athletic form and this shoe has enough room for that. I typically wear 71/2 to 8 in women's dress or sandals and I always order an 8 in the running shoe to avoid jamming your toes. Also for anyone that has a narrow heal this is a great shoe that wont slip! Oh by the way they also wash well. Normal cycle air dry pull out sole liners to dry and they are brand new!!! :-)
on January 10, 2013
Shoes fit great. I get great comfort and ankle support with them and can't wait to get another pair very soon
on January 9, 2013
Arrived on time, fit perfectly, light weight and just what I wanted. I really like the Asics Gel collection, the purple is a nice touch.
on May 29, 2013
I haven't been able to truly work out due to prior military injuries. I was wearing a ankle boot for a year. When I went to military training, gel gym shoes were the only option to wear. Gel definitely is the best kind of support that is out there for me. I tired several different running, walking gym shoes and they just didn't support me as much. The gel gym shoes feel like a perfect fit. The shape of the shoe is in line with the shape of my foot. I have narrow feet, lost my arches in both feet, torn left ankle ligament, tore right foot ligament, stress fractures in both legs... (due to military training), dancers' feet (danced for only ten years)...so my feet and legs have been through some things. The doctor said I was now able to start working out, but to take it slowly for a month or so. I just did a two mile walk since two years and never felt better!
on March 20, 2013
The cut of this brand has the best toe space of any of the many brands I've tried. (I've had Saucony, Brooks, Reebock, etc.) Most shoes in my correct size have a seam that rubs the tip of my toe but are sloppy if I go up a half size. The cushioning is very comfortable for someone with arthritis or other joint issues. And the color is SUPER! I prefer shoes that are color neutral to go with the widest variety of outfits and this greyish blend works great with all my denim jeans from blues and greys to blacks. Then I can splurge on bright color tops.
on May 25, 2013
These are a very good value for the price.

Are they the best fitting, most comfortable, highest quality shoe available? No. But for $50 bucks they're pretty darn good.

They do run slightly narrow for Asics - I think the company is making their shows more narrow than they used to, which is unfortunate as my feet are rather wide (sigh.)
Even so, they aren't so narrow to create a huge problem, the sides are fabric and flexible so my toes are still happy - even if they stick out a tad.

I wore the shoes for an entire day and my feet were satisfied at the end of it, so they passed the test. I'll most likely buy another pair.