5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kickboxing and Step classes!
Published 18 months ago by Happy

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute shoe but pretty narrow
Published 17 months ago by Kev

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kickboxing and Step classes!, December 18, 2012
Before I rave, I should point out that I think these shoes run a bit small. I did send my 8 back for an 8.5 - a very fast, easy exchange, and the new size is perfect! The shoes have a lot of padding, and for my narrower feet that was a little weird to get used to (they LOOK wide), but they serve their purpose - I am not a runner, but I take kickboxing and step classes at least 4-5 days a week and I needed a shoe to handle all the jumping and diverse movements. I've had them now for about a month and I have worn them to over 20 classes and each time I wear them I am mad that it took me so long to find them! They offer great support yet at the same time there is enough room for my toes to spread if needed...and the occassional numbness I used to consider "normal" with my old running shoes has completely disappeared. They are not extremely lightweight like some other shoes out there, which concerned me at first, but the support is worth it. Oh, and just about all of my instructors wear ASICS as well. GREAT SHOE!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute shoe but pretty narrow, February 1, 2013
Kev "Kev" (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASICS Women's GEL-Envigor TR Cross-Training Shoe (Apparel)
I am an underpronator (I walk on the outside of my feet) so when my shoes wear down, my feet start to hurt. I'm going through this pain now so I wanted to buy some new athletic shoes since mine make my feet scream in pain. I looked through a few and came to these. They have great reviews, look really good, and I've heard good things about Asics. I was super excited when they came and the first thing I did was yank them out and put them on. I was so impatient in getting them on that I didn't even grab socks (at first). I put the left one on with no sock and it was fairly snug but still felt ok but it made me wonder how I would get the other one on my wider right foot. I dont' have ridiculously wide feet. I generally buy regular width shoes and they fit fine (for full disclosure, I have purchased a handful of wide width shoes in my lifetime but generally only when the regular width ones are made a bit narrow). I ended up grabbing a sock for the right to do the true test and got it on but it was incredibly uncomfortable! My toes were completely squished and I had tingling and pain within 3 minutes. As far as the stability went, they definitely helped with that but I am returning them to get some shoes that fit better.

Bottom line: if your feet lean to the wider side of regular width, pass these by. They are nice looking shoes but won't fit well if you have that issue too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of cushion, on the narrow side though, December 10, 2012
I reaaly like the look and feel of this shoe. Great for cross-training, except a bit too much traction for Zumba or any classes/moves that require turnng or spinning(can be hard on the knees if used for this).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, UPDATE: Asics replaced after 8 mos of use, April 15, 2013
I ordered this mostly because the price was dramatically less than comparable shoes ($55 at the time for my size/color) and because I was doing high impact workouts 7 days a week in cheap sneakers and my feet were paying the price. I'd heard Asics were good for overpronators such as myself and I'd debated and debated and finally took the plunge. I'm a pretty reliable size 9 so I ordered size 9 but when I got them they seemed a bit snug in the toe box and after reading all the reviews on here about how they run small, etc, I panicked and thought about sending them back. I tried on lots of shoes in the stores and ultimately decided to keep them. I'm so glad I did. The 'snugness' in the toe box disappeared while I was *walking* to my first workout in them. Lunging, turning, jumping jacks, ski step, hops, skipping, droppin' it low - all on little clouds. All my previous foot pain is muted. I love them! I can't speak to long term durability because I've only worn them through 2 workouts (zumba and kickboxing) but I say they are true to size and very good for jumping about.

UPDATE: 3 months later - with high impact workouts about 5 times a week - these shoes have held up very well. They haven't totally cured my plantar fasciitis, which still gives me pain sometimes - but they have helped a lot.

*** 8 MONTH UPDATE *** So I have loved these shoes, as you can see above. But the springiness has definitely diminished after 8 months of use. Also, on both shoes a small hole has started near where the little toe is, where the seam is. True, I work out pretty often - I'm probably averaging 5 times a week these days -- but I only wear them for workouts and nothing else. I just think they should last longer than 6 months... so I'm changing my rating from 5 to 4 stars. Just more info for you.

>>>> UPDATE TO THE UPDATE <<<<<<< So, I sent my 8 month worn shoes back to Asics and within 3 weeks they sent me a brand new pair of Gel-Craze. I'm stoked! Way to stand behind your product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to asics reputation!, December 17, 2012
These shoes are true to size and have great cushioning. I had plantar fascitis and wear orthodics and they fit comfortably inside. After a couple weeks of wear, I have no heel pain whatsoever. They are extremely comfortable. I would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shoe for Body Combat, May 25, 2013
I have worn ASICS running shoes for more than twenty years of distance running, but have never used their cross training products. I have been taking Body Combat classes for about three years - this is a high-intensity kickboxing class which involves repetitive fast-paced movements. It is a grueling sport for forty-plus year old knees, but it is an incredible workout and much more exciting than running. I was wearing Nike cross-trainers and found that the soles of my feet began aching after class and developed sharp pains. I switched to ASICS Gel-Envigor TR Cross Trainers and was relieved to find that the foot injury was simply a result of wearing the wrong shoes. The ASICS Envigor is the perfect shoe for Combat classes, as it provides great stability, but is lightweight enough to not impede your ability to switch movements quickly and to move with agility. I highly recommend this shoe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Potentially good shoe but too narrow, May 1, 2013
This review is from: ASICS Women's GEL-Envigor TR Cross-Training Shoe (Apparel)
I was excited to get this shoe based on all the good reviews but it ended up being way too narrow for my feet. I ordered a half size up from 6.5 to 7 and I was unable to tie my shoe laces together with how much the top of the shoe stretched out from my foot. I do have a wide foot and feel more comfortable in C/D sizes but this shoe is very very narrow. I would not recommend it for people with wide feet. I wish they made this in a wider size!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, February 12, 2013
I teach kickboxing and bootcamp classes. Shoes are great. No feet soreness. I have flat feet with low arches, so these shoes AMAZING. Just buy them, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving my ASICS, January 19, 2013
I really like this brand and when I can't find the size for my long narrow foot I have to hit the internet. These have gotten me several compliments already. So aesthetically pleasing and fit my narrow foot very well. Good support and make my day at school so much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Zumba shoe, February 16, 2013
Use this as my general gym shoe. Works for Zumba, TKB, Body Pump, etc. The pivot point on the sole works for lateral and twisting movements in Zumba. Ordered 1/2 size up.

Rate and Discover Movies