Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on September 6, 2012
This shoe is just what I was looking for. I'm ordering my second pair today. They have serious cushioning both heel and midfoot and are extremely flexible in the sole considering the amount of cushioning. I wanted to decrease the heel to toe drop in my shoe and increase the flexibility as I was having shin splints in Asics Nimbus 13, which are also well cushioned and but much less flexible, probably designed for a neutral runner who weighs about 50 pounds more than I do. I'm a relatively light (120 lbs), neutral, half-marathon runner with slight under-pronation. I do not have a high arch; the under-pronation comes from being a bit knock-kneed.

The fit is very comfortable for me, my feet are medium width through the heel and midfoot and maybe approaching wide in the toe area. The heels do not slip even though I size up 1.5 sizes larger than my street shoe size for running.

My only real complaint regarding their performance on the road is that the sole is showing more wear than is typical at about 100 miles of use. However, everything else is so great that I will just refill earlier than usual with a smile on my face.

They are probably the most breathable running shoe I've worn, and while that is great on the roads in hot, dry weather, they let in the water more than average in when running through wet grass, or in the rain. They also let in an impressive amount of fine dust in the toe area when running dirt roads or trails (but not enough to stop me from wearing them in those situations).

If only they made the same shoe with a more aggressive trail outsole option. This outsole is fine for your average easy pace trail run in dry weather, but at higher speeds or in wet weather or on technical terrain, they would be more of a liability than your average road shoe. If Asics designed a sister trail shoe and could preserve the cushioning and flexibility and add a more aggressive outsole, I would buy that, too, despite the lack of a rock plate and the dirty toes.

As long as I'm wishing, I'd also wish for a shoe that is almost all one color, preferably a bright, fun color. I definitely didn't pick them for the way they look.
on October 23, 2012
I picked up a pair of these last month when I'd gone out of town and left my workout shoes at home. These were on sale at the store I went to. Normally, I'm a solid 6 1/2-- if anything, I tend to go down to a 6. But, I had to buy these in a 7 to fit comfortably.

I didn't expect to like them as much as I did! I actually bought 2 pairs through Amazone-- 1 in pink and 1 in purple. I've received many compliments on the pink (I've worn the purple indoors at home only).

I am using these shoes for high intensity interval training-- lots of jumping, quick floor movements. They are very stable, provide a good amount of support, and cushion my feet very well.
on May 31, 2013
I have three pairs of these in different colors. They feel so comfortable like an athletic slipper. I wear a size 41 which is between 10 and 11 women's shoes. I buy size 11 in this shoe and it fits perfectly. I have had issues with plantar fasciitis and these do not aggravate it, they keep me going for the next day. I wish someone could make a heeled shoe that feels like these!
on March 12, 2013
Went half a size up like I do for all running shoes. Felt comfortable and have worked well so far. Felt a little more narrow that I was used to, but it was nice because they felt more supportive. Went for a 10miler yesterday and they held up well. No blisters and no knee pain. The shoes are also super cute, so I'm happy!
on June 21, 2012
I love these so much. I usually wear nike's to workout which usually consists of dancing and weight lifting, but since I started to run those just wouldn't cut it. I love these so much. I no longer get shin splints, and it really keeps my foot in the right place when I run. I also usually had knee and hip pain when I ran (I'm only 25 so that shouldn't be happening..) and with these, nothing hurts.

Love them!
on June 13, 2013
The sizes for these shoes run small for some reason. I am a ladies size 6-1/2 and I ordered a 7 for comfort. When I got to them my toes were so jammed I couldn't walk in them. So I contacted the seller and let them know they were too small. I had ordered them for vacation (since I would be doing a lot of walking) and was leaving in 2 days! They immediately sent me out a new pair of size 8's before I even sent the old ones back! Excellent customer service!! I returned the small shoes via fed-ex that day.. and was never charged a dime (:

The shoes are SO VERY COMFORTABLE! The padding in them is like a dream! I would definatly recommend this to another person, for running or walking THEYRE GREAT! So much.. that I even bought a pair for my husband!
on March 26, 2013
As usual I love my new Asics, these are nice and lightweight but not so thin on the bottom as some of the new styles. I have high arches and need support when running, these are the perfect mix of support and flexibility. I am not a marathon runner....10K is more up my ally....and run 10-15miles/wk, I've had these shoes for a few months and they still feel like new.

One recommendation if you are new to Asics, try a half size larger than you typically buy. Everyday shoes I am an 8 and Brooks as well, but I have bought multiple pairs of Asics in and 8.5 and been happy
on July 19, 2013
This is the second time that my wife bought Asics and within a month the upper nylon part near the toes ripped. They're brand new shoes and my wife is a type of person that takes care of everything she has to an extreme. I just came home and I saw her sewing the nylon, and she is upset. Shame on you Asics for making inferior shoes. People spend their good money for very cheap products. This is the second pair, and will be the last. One complaint that I have with amazon is they ask you to rate the product within a few days of it's arrival. Not enough time to judge the purchase.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2012
First let me say that I am a die hard New Balance fan. I accidently purchased this shoe, thinking it was a new-balance shoe. I didnt realize it until the order came. I tried the shoe on and walked around a bit then did a work out in them. Im not gonna say that Im leaving NB but I will say I love LOVE the shoe. Especially after/durring running with the Gel. Im telling you its the selling point of the shoe. I do wish it was a little wider but its light weight, my feet can breathe and theyre cute. A winner in my book.
on April 10, 2013
I've owned six or seven pairs of asics running shoes and this is the least comfortable pair by far, it was also the cheapest pair, so maybe you get what you pay for. Nowhere near as comfortable as the kayano or kinsei. It feels like the back/heal doesn't come up far enough on my foot/ankle. Also, the laces are too short. I always wear a 9.5 and this fit about the same, maybe a tad bit smaller.

See 1 answered question