Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASICS Women's GEL-Kayano 20 Running Shoe
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on January 17, 2014
I've always wondered why people buy pricey athletic shoes. From outward appearances they look deceptively similar. After I bought these I understand why. Not a runner, I bought these because I have nerve damage to my feet, & they were available in a wide width. I also spend a lot of time on concrete floors(school). By the end of any work day I'm in misery. Seriously, this shoe I don't want to take off even when I arrive home. Best investment I've made in a shoe. I may even start running! Oh, and did I mention that I've received so many compliments on these shoes?
11 comment|175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2014
I work as a nurse and I work out four times a week and I usually don't wear my work out shoes to work but this week I did and they felt great both after a twelve hour shift and a long work out. I love these shoes. Worth every penny. They feel very light weight but also have great cushion and support.
on November 29, 2013
I have been running for 5 years now and refused to believe I needed a stability shoe, even though I had a gait analysis that showed me otherwise. Until this version of the Kayano, stability shoes have never been comfortable on me. I've tried Brooks and other Asics and have been running in the Asics Nimbus for the last 5 years. I'm a pronator and have been suffering from IT band issues all this time. The Kayano 20 is super comfortable and since I've been running with it I haven't had any IT band or piriformis issues. A fabulous shoe! go a size up if your feet tend to swell
33 comments|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2014
I have very flat feet, and I run frequently. These shoes have the perfect amount of support, and aren't as clunky as other shoes are for flat footed people. I plan on buying these again when the ones I own get worn down.
on December 17, 2013
I have been using Kayano serie, but Kayano 20 is the best, comfort, wide, and stability. I used them for 25 Km last Sunday and I felt like I was running over the clouds
on March 10, 2014
I'm a mild/moderate over-pronator with tight calves/achilles tendons and possibly some plantar fasciitis going on. Before these shoes, the bottom of my feet would start to ache and my ankles would hurt after just a few minutes of running, often causing me to stop. No amount of stretching, different running shoes, or orthotic inserts seemed to make a difference. I was previously wearing the ASICS gt-2170's, which I thought were just OK. I never thought I would go and buy even more expensive running shoes, but I'm glad I did with these Kayanos. They are supportive like the gt-2170's, but they feel much much more cushioned, plush, and lightweight. They give me a bounce in my step when I run, and my feet feel so much better! I wear an 8.5 medium, and these fit exactly as I expected. Great shoes!
44 comments|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2014
I am not really a runner, but I do run as much as I can (usually around 8-10 miles per week whenever it is nice outside). I go through running shoes more often than I really should because I am incredibly hard on them. Therefore, instead of my shoes lasting 300-500 miles, they last about 200-300 miles.

I've also broken my feet many, many times, so the "best" shoe for my feet keeps changing. I used to wear New Balances, then Brooks, and now Asics. I am now on my third pair of Asics, and have found THE. PERFECT. SHOE. in the Asics Gel-Kayano 20. It is PERFECT.

The Gel-Kayano 20 has FluidFit(tm), which is made of a multi-directional stretch mesh that fits to the foot like a glove. Its mid-sole padding- FluidRide-(tm) provides cushioning and "bounce-back" to make the shoe both efficient AND comfortable..

The Gel-Kayano 20 is VERY supportive, but is also well-cushioned, with gender-specific cushioning, including a 3mm extension of padding to relieve Achilles' tendon tension, and mid-sole compression.

The best thing about this shoe is its weight-- it weighs only 9 ounces, which is heavier than some shoes (my other Asics shoe weighs only 8 ounces), but is lighter than most running shoes.(one of my Brooks shoes weighs 11 ounces).

These shoes are comfortable, fit my feet like a glove, are pretty, and are safe for my fragile feet. What else could I ask for?
22 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2014
review image
on April 4, 2015
I had heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. I spent quite a bit of money on doctors, inserts and shots to my feet. I was unable to walk very far because my feet were so bad. My husband researched shoes for this type of problem and discovered the ASICS Kayano 20. I was skeptical that a shoe could do what a doctor couldn't. I was wrong. The Kayano 20s were comfortable from the moment I put them on. These shoes have literally changed my life. I can walk for pleasure and exercise now. I tried the Kayano 21s and returned them. They are NOT the same shoe, trust me. These are the best thing to happen to my feet! I highly recommend. Worth every penny to me!
on July 25, 2014
So this year I've found a love for running. I started with a great pair of comfortable shoes that I chose mainly for that - comfort. I should have chosen a pair specifically for my overpronation, but I knew nothing about all that until the pain set in. Over the course of a month I added on too many miles and as a result, injured my knees to where I was devastated because I could hardly walk up and down stairs anymore. Enter the kayanos.
I went to a running store, found out all about the way I run, and was ultimately torn between this at the GT-2000 2. I chose these in the end, because of comfort purposes. They are brilliant. They are extremely padded, and yet I feel like I can still feel the ground. I put them on, went for a 2 miler expecting disappointment and instead came back with that runner's high I've missed so much since hurting myself.
They are as most everybody says they are. Reliable. Comfortable. Stable. Pricey, for sure, but worth the investment. My knees think so anyway.

Cheers!
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse