5.0 out of 5 stars BEST SHOES EVER!!!!!
Published on February 14, 2012 by MN

3.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed with these.
Published 18 months ago by Kizzy from Kentucky

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST SHOES EVER!!!!!, February 14, 2012
MN (Central IL) - See all my reviews
The BEST athletic shoes EVER!!!!!!!!! I have a fused ankle, and wear custom orthotics...two things that make any pair of shoes uncomfortable....until I finally decided to give in and spend a fortune on my Asics Gel Kinsei shoes. Arch support = AWESOME; Comfort = AWESOME; Nice looking athletic shoe = AWESOME. To be honest, this is the best quality athletic shoe I have ever purchased! Yes, these shoes are VERY expensive. However, following 5 surgeries on my ankle - if this is the price I have to pay for quality made/built shoes that will support every inch of my foot/ankle properly and help prevent further injury or trauma...well then the cost of this shoe is a small price to pay. And, for all of you out there who also have "problem feet" - these shoes are endorsed by the American Podiatric Association, which means they have the seal of approval from foot and ankle specialists. If that's not enough, I went from having incredibly intense foot pain after beginning to walk following my ankle fusion, to having NO foot pain once I started wearing my Asics Gel Kinsei shoes.
You cannot go wrong with these shoes...I don't understand how anyone could have a negative opinion of them! If you're unsure - go to your local specialty shoe store and try a pair on...but please make sure your feet are properly measured! Believe it or not - many of us have been wearing the wrong size of athletic shoes for years!!! (even if they're our typical size). While you may wear one size to get a comfortable or "snug" fit in dressy shoes, when purchasing athletic shoes you should actually go up at least a half, to preferably a full size! Your feet need that extra room to allow for full biomechanical range of motion when walking or running. I didn't believe it either...but now that I've gone up a size, these are (even more so) the most comfortable shoes I have EVER put on my feet! I for one will be purchasing a new pair of Asics Gel Kinsei shoes at least once a year. Believe me - I know they're expensive, but once you try them, you'll understand exactly what I mean! You'll never have to search the internet (or every shoe store in your state) again for the perfect athletic shoe! Your feet will definitely thank you! ....mine have! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Training for my first half marathon!, January 24, 2013
My 21 year old asked me to be her partner in the upcoming Disney Princess Half Marathon ... I have always been physically active, but knew that I had to step up my routine in order to be able to compete. A long time ASICS fan, I treated myself to the Gel-Kinsei after reading the reviews. From the very first time I laced them, I was able to run for miles - no rubbing, or irritation - no need to "break them in". Definitely worth the money, and the fact that they are different colors sparks conversation wherever I go. Please note that if you are looking for the new type of lightweight running shoe - these are definitely not for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars great shoes, January 18, 2013
Amazing fit. Very comfortable. I'm a nurse and on my feet all day and these shoes are perfect. I highly recommend them

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Comfortable, February 7, 2013
I gave these shoes 5 stars simply because they really are the best shoes I have ever purchased. Not only are they stylish and go well with my scrubs and exercise clothes, they are sooooo comfy! I am an ASICS girl to begin with and have had many pairs in the past but these just feel better than all of the others.... Maybe because of the gel soles? I stand on my feet for long hours during the day and usually come home with an achy back and legs. However, after only one day of wearing these, I felt great after working all day-- no pain!

For reference: I wear a women's size 10 in other types of shoes besides sneakers. I have narrow feet, freakishly long toes, bony ankles and exaggerated arches. Because of the long second toe, I usually get a 10.5 in sneakers since sneakers dont have the same amount of room in the toe area as pumps, peep toes, or sandals.

These shoes provide enough cushion to support my arches, a low top that doesn't bother my protruding ankles, and are narrow enough that going a half size up didn't make them too roomy on the sides.

If you have normal toes and wider feet, I would recommend trying Brooks, as my boyfriend has this foot type and swears by them. However, if you have narrow feet I would give these a try and make sure to go a half size up if you have really long toes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Splurge, July 1, 2013
I always loved asics. I usually wear a size 8.5, and this shoe is true to fit. I have flat feet, and have been settling for "stability" or "motion control" shoes, as well as trying orthotics. I also have an unstable patella and have torn cartilage in my right knee. After reading countless studies about overpronation, supination, and flat feet, I have decided to ditch the special shoes asics makes, and try for these.
These are lightweight, and very comfortable. I have found that wearing these in conjunction with doing regular ankle, foot, and shin stretches and strengthening exercises has reduced my foot pain to almost zero. The material is breathable, the colors available are fun and bright (never lose a shoe in a messy room), and the shock absorption is phenomenal, especially when having to deal with running on concrete (ouch!).

The only drawback is the price, but honestly, what girl doesn't pay this much for that 1 pair of special heels you just have to have? These are even better, because they don't make your feet hurt afterward and you will probably wear them a lot more than those heels! So, even though asics says these are best fit to runners with normal to high arches, give them a try on flat feet and work on strengthening those muscles instead of supporting them with inserts.

4.0 out of 5 stars a terrific shoe for my workout, May 12, 2013
bird enthusiast (Smithtown, New York United States) - See all my reviews
What a great shoe! It's fun to wear and is comfortable at the same time. There is good support for my interval training on the treadmill as well as circuit training in the gym. The sizing is true and was great even the first time I wore it. Only issue is the price. I feel that it is an overpriced shoe.

3.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed with these., June 1, 2013
These shoes are very wide. I wear a 9 in Nike running shoes so I ordered a 9 in these, and the length is pretty good. I tried running in them and they slid up and down on my foot. I put a runners knot in them to eliminate slippage, but since I had to lace them tighter, the top of my left foot started really bothering me after my run. I have tried thicker socks, but I think I am going to have to give up on running in them. I am still going to try to wear them for Zumba and other activities, but I can not wear them running.
If you have trouble finding shoes that are wide enough for you then these may be great for you. The colors are really cute, but if it had not been for feminine colors I would have sworn that these were men's shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adore these shoes, April 3, 2013
Kim / Chicago girl "Kim" (Chicago, IL. United States) - See all my reviews
Funny, I've had way more compliments about these shoes than my Manolos! Super comfortable, they'll be great running shoes. I usually go to a store to buy ASICS shoes but won't have to do that cuz Amazon has 'em.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Runner for Stability and Support, January 3, 2014
I purchased my second pair of the Kinsei's recently- my first pair lasted seven years which is extremely long for me, proving they are durable, well made, and well worth the money. The new generations are lighter but still have the stability I need for cardio and cross training to support a defect in my foot and toes. I tired many other brands- Brooks, Spira, New Balance- but none gave me the grounded feel that the Kinsei's do. I only wear these to the gym or on paved running surfaces- I would not use for trail or odd terrain. If you are looking for a fantastic gym shoe that offers ideal support- look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe but see this post for fit issues, June 4, 2013
The first time I wore these shoes and ran in them I was a bit uncomfortable in them. They were big enough length wise but quite narrow width wise (I have semi-wide feet and unfortunately this shoe doesn't come
In a wide). I ordered a half size above my usual size anticipating this problem and now that I've worn this shoe I think it has changed shape slightly and fits me very comfortably. It wasn't extremely uncomfortable to begin with, just tight around the middle of my foot. Now that I've broken them in, they fit quite well and are very good for my indoor and outdoor running. The support is great and very different than the Nikes I had before. I would buy only Asics from now on. I would just make sure that for there narrower shoes, get a half size bigger and it will make a huge difference. Also, try to break the shoes in before your first run (maybe walk around in them a bit).

I would highly recommend these keeping size issues in mind.