5.0 out of 5 stars ASICS BETTER THAN EVER
Published on June 2, 2012 by shelly

2.0 out of 5 stars Not like predecessors - returned them
Published on December 4, 2012 by clygirl

5.0 out of 5 stars ASICS BETTER THAN EVER, June 2, 2012
Have been a faithful gel nimbus running sneaker wearer for awhile now. Tried Brooks and nothing compares to the Nimbus! The 14's are my favorites...(hated the 13's--way too narrow for me). The 14's are super cushiony and have the stability we all want from our nimbus..thought I would miss the asymetrical lacing but don't notice a difference at all. I have had a torn achilles and plenty of foot issues...asics works best for me...most of my running friends all wear the nimbus and LOVE it also :) :) :) New colors this time are awesome!!Get the 14's you won't be disappointed!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not like predecessors - returned them, December 4, 2012
Nimbus 14 fit and wear completely different from the predecessors. I became a nimbus fan with nimbus 12 which were cushy, very supportive and keep my narrow heel in place with asymetric lacing. Nimbus 13 got rid of the asymetric lacing, though cushion still seemed to be great. Nimbus 14 changed everything...more narrow toe box and cushy feeling completely gone...feels a lot more stiff. When compared to my Nimbus 13 which were worn out, nimbus 13 felt more cushy even though they were too old to run in.

UPDATE:

Just received the Nimbus 12s from Amazon and compared them side by side with the 14s (putting 14 on 1 foot and 12 on the other, then switched). Nimbus 14 have less cushion/stiffer or flat, less arch support and toe-box not as roomy. Also, the asymmetric lacing of the 12s keep the foot in place. So, I'm going to get another pair of Nimbus 12s and hope that the next generation of Nimbus..the 15s go back to what the 12s were.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly disappointed, May 20, 2012
Disappointed!!!! Let me explain... I have been loving the gel nimbus since version 9. It's perfect right out of the box. NOT SO WITH VERSION 14.
they changed the footbed. I was so excited about the colors available this year, and the fact they went back to traditional lacing vs. the asymmetrical but they also changed things they shouldn't have, because the shoe feels totally different, and not in a good way. It doesn't hit my arch, doesn't feel nice and cushiony in side. So very sad. I am going to have to stock up on what's left of the 13s because I'm going to need some time to find another shoe that will be as loyal to me as I have been to it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Narrow!, December 27, 2012
I ordered these because I love the ASICS brand/quality. I have a wider toe box/foot, so these shoes did not work for me. They pinched right where my toes began. I didn't even bother walking around outside to try and stretch them/break them in. I'm sure they would be a great shoe for someone with more narrow feet. I also loved the color, but don't get them if you have wider feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreme comfort, December 10, 2012
I was worried about the room in the shoe since some reviewers stated it seems more narrow than its predecessors. I have somewhat wider feet and found they had plenty of room. They were comfortable from the very first run without even breaking them in. My new favorite shoe!

1.0 out of 5 stars This is no Nimbus!, July 21, 2013
I have loved this shoe since Nimbus 9. This shoe is different. Footbed has changed, ankle support has too. I normally can wear the Nimbus right out of the box, these are horrible. My knee began bothering me one month into wearing this shoe - unacceptable for a runner! I donated the shoe to charity and dug my 12s out of the closet. Knee problem dissappeared...no more ASICS for me - the consistency and quality have left this shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Running on clouds!, October 6, 2012
Great cushioning for the under pronated foot. I also have a wide foot and these shoes felt wonderful from the first time I put them on my feet. I always order one size larger than normal to allow room for swelling during exercise and runs and they still fit without any feeling of sloppiness. Very happy!!

3.0 out of 5 stars What Happened to my Sole Mate?, January 31, 2013
Asics Gel-Nimbus, what happened to your cloud-like feeling underfoot? I under pronate, have medium-high arches, and need a neutral shoe that provides plenty of cushioning. For years, the Asics Gel-Nimbus has been my sole mate. I especially loved the 12s with their asymmetrical lacing. However, the 14 feels different underfoot, less cushiony in the heel, perhaps it's the lower profile. All I know is that my feet hurt after just a short run. In the past, the Gel-Nimbus has gotten me through several half-marathons without knee or foot pain or shin splints. But I can't even walk in the Gel-Nimbus 14 without achy feet. I'm so disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoes ever!, May 25, 2012
I have never had a pair of running shoes feel better. Since I got these I have double the distance and cut my time. I have to say that I have only been running for a little over a month and have tried three different shoes but I couldn't imagine one working better then this. I also used to run in college and never found any shoes like these. Before these shoes I had shin splints so has I could hardly run at all. No more shin splints for me. It was like night and day difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Running Shoe Ever, May 19, 2013
I have been wearing ASICS running shoes for about 16 yrs (dabbling, regrettably, with a few other brands here and there), and it's hands-down the best brand for me. More specifically, when I discovered the Nimbus line a few years ago, I was blown away at the feel of these shoes, and have been the most comfortable running in this series than any other shoe. I highly recommend you try this shoe if you run on pavement, but they also feel great on trails and treadmills. (You'll definitely feel the difference when running on concrete or asphalt). The sole is flexible and rolls very naturally with your foot. Also, I typically wear gel inserts in the heels of ALL my running shoes, b/c I strike my heels very hard, but this is the only shoe I do not have to wear the inserts. I had the Kayanos fitted for me when I ran my first marathon when I was 17, b/c the gel in the heel really absorbs the force of your heel strike...but I also noticed that b/c it's so soft in the heels, there isn't much heel support there (that is, your heel feels like it's sinking into the shoe), so I had to stop running in them. The Nimbus has the perfect balance. I am a lifer. (I'm an under pronator.)