ASICS Women's GEL-Nimbus 12 Running Shoe,Lightning/Black/Plum,11.5 M US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Impact Guidance System employs linked componentry that enhances the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off
- Space Trusstic Systemcreates a pocket between the Trusstic System device and the midsole, allowing for controlled midsole deformation and more efficient foot function
- ComforDry Sockliner provides cushioning performance and anti-microbial properties for a cooler, drier, healthier environment
- Biomorphic Fit Upper is strategically placed on the upper to reduce buckling and the potential for irritation
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design reduces potential for irritation and provides improved comfort and fit
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Product Dimensions: 13.3 x 7.7 x 4.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- ASIN: B003R0M454
- Item model number: GEL-NIMBUS 12-T095N
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 15, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Also, Amazon is AWESOME. I work weekends in a store that sells shoes, and the shoes were less expensive for me to get on Amazon.com than at my own store with my employee discount! Also, I opted for Free Super Saver Shipping -- I actually got the product delivered by UPS the very next day. I'm sure it's a coincidence because I didn't live far from where the product was shipped, but I still think it's great! I <3 Amazon.com!!!!
Some of the features of this shoe are:
- Off-set laces. Instead of lacing straight up and down, they lace with a slant to the inside of your soles. This reduces pressure on the top of your foot.
- Asics IGS cushion system. They have a gel cushion that absorbs impact for hard surfaces like roads, sidewalks, and treadmills.
- Breathable material, so your feet don't sweat and slip around.
The only reason this shoe did not get five stars is because of the lacing pattern. I find that the off-set laces have me pushing more to the outside of my foot when I am running, instead of a center push. This side push needs more side cushion inside the shoe.
(I am a 5'8" female who is 40LBS overweight. I currently use this shoe primarily for WALKING. I had used my Cumulus for walking, a bit of jogging, a workout video, and elliptical)
*NOT NEUTRAL: I am not much of an expert and have never been "tested" (other than the wet foot on a paper bag test on my own) but I believe that I am a neutral walker/runner. This shoe (beyond its offset laces) seems to force my foot to the inside. Now that I have walked on it 4-5 times I notice that even just standing or landing on my heel - that my heel slopes inward slightly. I am disappointed at myself for not catching this feature *before* I used it thereby not being able to return it. I find that my ankles are sore for a few hours after I walk. I have noticed a little toe soreness, and the top of my foot has been giving me some pain (either due to the shoe or my returning to walking again after a hiatus or tying my shoes incorrectly see below for more on that.) This all sounds bad, but it is NOT THE SHOE's FAULT. It is doing its job - I just bought the wrong shoe for my foot. SO, It really DOES correct you if you need it. On the positive side I have not had Knee pain like I had expected, nor have I had much hip pain other than beginner's pain.
*ARCH SUPPORT: I think I have an average + arch, but I find that this shoe isn't quite what I would like. If memory serves me, I think my last pair CUMULUS 11 had more arch support.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I insert arch support I have purchased specially for my running and tennis shoes . Wonderful and comfortable shoes with spacious toe box, but the Nimbus 12 is not as good as... Read morePublished 12 months ago by DeeSara
The asics gel nimbus 12 were the best of all the gel nimbus I have ever bought. I had several pairs. Then they stopped making that number.Published 15 months ago by Ronald Reed
Great shoe! I even got my mom the same ones and she loves them tooPublished 17 months ago by celesteskycop
Sorry, I wrote this review on the wrong shoe. This was a gift for someone else.Published 17 months ago by Tiger_Lilly
I selected my items, received in good conditions. It is OK for mePublished 17 months ago by Militza Moreno de Jara