Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 16, 2010
I usually put in 25-30 miles a week and I've found that ASICS are the best! I have a really high arch and need good support and lots of cushioning. I can always tell when my shoes are getting to the end of their support because my feet will start hurting even though the shoes may still look new. Some shoes will only last 3 months but ASICS usually last 4-6 months. They are worth the price to keep my feet happy!
44 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2010
I was a cross country runner for most of high school and stuck to asics shoes throughout my 3 years there. I have exceptionally high arches and tend to under pronate or run on the outer portions of my feet, especially my right foot, so the asics were the best choice, and were phenomenal and had great stability. Last year I bought a pair of Brooks, and they were okay, since I wasn't running as much I they lasted quite awhile without causing any pain, except when I recently began running 6 days a week again. I recently switched back to this shoe, and I can already feel the difference. It's lightweight, which I love, and cushions and guides my feet to correct my underpronation while not feeling too cushiony and too soft. I can't wait to run some races in these shoes!!
on August 4, 2011
First, I would like to preface this review by stating that I am not a runner. I am just a lazy person that wants to wear really good shoes in a work environment in which I stand on my feet most of the day. The Nimbus by Asics is THE perfect shoe for me. I have pretty high arches, and this shoe offers the best arch support that I have ever experienced. Also, the cushioning is amazing (and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the personal heel fit feature). The shoe feels like it was custom made for my feet. I wore the Nimbus 11 for a while, and when it was time to replace the shoes, I tried many, MANY other styles and brands. Nothing compared to the Nimbus. I bought these in titanium/blue (which are beautiful and won't show dirt), and I plan on getting the black/purple and the white/pink ones as well. I really liked the colors available for the Nimbus 13, but I did NOT like how they felt. The Nimbus 13 is much more narrow than the Nimbus 12 or 11, and the height of the ankle support has been shortened. The shoelaces are even shorter for some reason. It's just not the same shoe. With that being said, I'm going to stock up on Nimbus 12's!

Also, Amazon is AWESOME. I work weekends in a store that sells shoes, and the shoes were less expensive for me to get on Amazon.com than at my own store with my employee discount! Also, I opted for Free Super Saver Shipping -- I actually got the product delivered by UPS the very next day. I'm sure it's a coincidence because I didn't live far from where the product was shipped, but I still think it's great! I <3 Amazon.com!!!!
VINE VOICEon May 10, 2011
I have found Asics to have the best fit for me as a runner. I am a distance runner, and these shoes are durable, cushioned and impact-friendly for my high mileage weeks.

Some of the features of this shoe are:
- Off-set laces. Instead of lacing straight up and down, they lace with a slant to the inside of your soles. This reduces pressure on the top of your foot.
- Asics IGS cushion system. They have a gel cushion that absorbs impact for hard surfaces like roads, sidewalks, and treadmills.
- Breathable material, so your feet don't sweat and slip around.

The only reason this shoe did not get five stars is because of the lacing pattern. I find that the off-set laces have me pushing more to the outside of my foot when I am running, instead of a center push. This side push needs more side cushion inside the shoe.
on June 28, 2011
*CUSHIONING: I find this shoe to have great cushioning, in both the heel and the ball of the foot. I think it had a bit more cushion overall, and perhaps more in the ball of the foot than my cumulus (although it is hard to compare because my cumulus were worn out and a year old)
(I am a 5'8" female who is 40LBS overweight. I currently use this shoe primarily for WALKING. I had used my Cumulus for walking, a bit of jogging, a workout video, and elliptical)
*NOT NEUTRAL: I am not much of an expert and have never been "tested" (other than the wet foot on a paper bag test on my own) but I believe that I am a neutral walker/runner. This shoe (beyond its offset laces) seems to force my foot to the inside. Now that I have walked on it 4-5 times I notice that even just standing or landing on my heel - that my heel slopes inward slightly. I am disappointed at myself for not catching this feature *before* I used it thereby not being able to return it. I find that my ankles are sore for a few hours after I walk. I have noticed a little toe soreness, and the top of my foot has been giving me some pain (either due to the shoe or my returning to walking again after a hiatus or tying my shoes incorrectly see below for more on that.) This all sounds bad, but it is NOT THE SHOE's FAULT. It is doing its job - I just bought the wrong shoe for my foot. SO, It really DOES correct you if you need it. On the positive side I have not had Knee pain like I had expected, nor have I had much hip pain other than beginner's pain.

*ARCH SUPPORT: I think I have an average + arch, but I find that this shoe isn't quite what I would like. If memory serves me, I think my last pair CUMULUS 11 had more arch support. I think this, perhaps, may be why the top of my foot hurts (but my husband, a 3mile a day runner, tells me that its the way I tie my shoes. BTW he LOVES his Nimbus 11 or 12s(for men of course) but he needs the correction it offers and the wideness in the ball of the foot.

*WIDE AT BALL OF FOOT: I find this shoe to be quite loose in the ball of the foot area. I find that I slip around a bit, forward/backward/side to side. Which forces me to mess around with how I tie my shoes (I can't seem to get it right) and I am quite conscious of the movement in my shoe during my walk (outside on a pavement sidewalk). Again, this may be what's causing my soreness. But, I did not find this to be an issue with my CUMULUS.

*SECURE AT HEEL: I find my heel fits great in the back- not too loose not to tight.

Overall, I wish I had stuck to my cumulus. I only switched because I am always on the search for a MORE stable CUSHIONED shoe, and while I think this Nimbus is a bit more cushioned that my Cumulus, it just doesn't work for me. Even so, I do plan on continuing to wear the NIMBUS (can't bear to waste the $80), the "problems" I am having are not so bad that I can't live with it - at least my knees don't hurt! I gave it 5 stars because I think it would be a GREAT shoe if you MAKE SURE IT FITS, and make sure you NEED THE CORRECTION. If you are neutral and don't have a wide forefoot, try on some other shoes.

Best of luck. Keep movin'!
on April 27, 2011
I bought these shoes because of all the great reviews and because my new balance shoes were giving me shin splints (they had only seen a little use). These are comfortable to run in and I no longer get shin splints! The only thing I don't love about them is the off center lacing. Just seems weird to me--- but they don't interfere with the fit of the shoe. There is plenty of support.
on January 14, 2011
I've been running in the Gel Nimbus for several years. I LOVED my Nimbus 11s and wanted to be sure to get another pair before they became extinct. Although I ordered Nimbus 11s, the company no longer had my size and sent me the Nimbus 12s instead. I don't love them. They have lost the wonderful cushion that I loved so much and they seem very stiff to me. I thought maybe after I broke them in for a few runs I would change my mind, but sadly, that is not the case. Now I really can't find my size in the old reliable Nimbus 11s.
66 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2011
I run the treadmill and had been using an old pair of Asics I bought 2 years ago. I suffered periodic shin splints and thought that was normal for running so much until I decided to run 6 miles with my husband on concrete! My shins killed me for days! My husband had been after me to buy a new pair of Asics but I didn't want to spend $129! Then I got on Amazon to buy something else and thought I would search for Asics and to my surprise I found the same pair my husbands wears (but for women that he paid $129, for $67! I bought them, ran in them and noticed A complete difference. If you are on the fence about these shoes buy them! They are worth every penny and the raspberry color is beautiful! Thanks honey!
on June 11, 2011
I'm a runner and I was looking for some performance shoes when everybody indicated me the Asics Nimbus. I runned about 5 miles for testing and I liked itl. I live in Rio de Janeiro, so the shoes must to keep my feet cold, because the beach is really hot, and this shoes did it very well. I think it's really light and it's like you're walking on the clouds. Next August, I'll run a half marathon and I really think I have the right shoes for this chalenge.
on May 21, 2011
I've done a couple gym workouts and one 3mile treadmill run and so far, I am in love. Amazing. Cushioning is phenomenal especially at the ball of your foot. Offset laces feel a little better to me since it relieves pressure off the top bony part of your foot. Support through the heel is great and my feet feel VERY stable like they would be good for cross-country running as well. Good support through the sides too since I slightly over-pronate on the left and over-supinate on the right. I have very difficult-to-fit problem feet and I am very happy with these shoes. Definitely worth the price.

Update- After running in these for over a year, I was forced to replace them with the Nimbus 14s. I've been disappointed in the changes. The 12s were perfect and the 14s just do not measure up. If I could find the 12s in my size anywhere, I'd buy out the store.